post #1411 of 1413 Old 10-22-2013, 09:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekingsj2 View Post

I just wanted to share my experience and adjustments since I have tried a variety of settings in an attempt to get a good image and I believe I have FINALLY got it.

The TV has a few problems that made it very difficult for me to get a satisfactory image;

-Colors look overly magenta and just plain off with the color past 29 or so. This is especially difficult to fix since there are no individual primary/secondary color adjustments.
-I have a slight green blob on the right side of the screen.
-Lack of 10 point gamma adjustment.

I used the X-Rite colorpro 3 along with the AVC 709 disk and HCFR software to do my adjustments.

Picture Mode - Custom
Contrast - 72 (adjusted using the AVS 709 Contrast test pattern)
Brightness - 74 (adjusted using the AVS 709 Brightness test pattern)
Color - 29
Tint - +4 (I had to push the tint to the green side to help with the magenta push my TV was exhibiting).
Sharpness - 33
Color Temp - Warm2
C.A.T.S. - Off
Color space - Normal (setting this to Wide gave skin tones an odd hue)
W/B - All calibrated accoring to my HCFR results
Black extension +3 (Crushed blacks SLIGHTLY and effects GAMMA in an odd way but content looks VERY nice IMO. on both dark and well lit scenes)
Gamma adjustment 2.4
Panel brightness - Mid
Contour emphasis - Off
AGC +2 This was a key adjustment for me. Most people keep this at 0 but when I set this to +2, I get the slight pop from the image I am looking for and colors look more vibrant without looking pushed or inaccurate in any way (similar to the way a CRT's colors look). Also, with AGC turned on, the green blob on the right side of the screen is much less apparent.

HDMI Range - Standard

Content Type - Off (I know some people prefer to set this to Graphics, but to me, setting this to Off gives a better contrast between blacks/whites and colors look more accurate).

Motion Smoother - Off

Black Level - Light

After my adjustments, I was able to get an image that resembles that of my friend's ISF calibrated Kuro.

Can you list all your pro settings?? WB and such.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1412 of 1413 Old 01-09-2014, 12:25 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by achelaaca View Post

Someone with the US version of ST30 models could please post the eight bytes that appear at address 40 of the eeprom(peaks) table ?
The sixth byte value should help us with european version of ST30 to enable the DLNA function.
Thanks.

This screenshot is from an european 50ST30:
imageshack.us/photo/my-images...513221245.jpg

Hi achelaaca,

Did you find how to enable DLNA function ?

I'm in the same situation.

My DLNA servers view my Panasonic P50ST30 as a DLNA player, but it cannot play there.

post #1413 of 1413 Old 05-12-2014, 02:09 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by achelaaca View Post

Someone with the US version of ST30 models could please post the eight bytes that appear at address 40 of the eeprom(peaks) table ?
The sixth byte value should help us with european version of ST30 to enable the DLNA function.
Thanks.

This screenshot is from an european 50ST30:
imageshack.us/photo/my-images...513221245.jpg

FYI - Your images no longer can be displayed, you may want to locate another server to place them on.

Now to your request, I have a TC-P42ST30 (U.S. 2011 model) and have gone into the EEPROM editor/flash utility located hidden within the SVC-TOOL information area. The data below is written exactly as the EEPROM editor/ flash utility displays for the PEAKS EEPROM HEX value table. Usually tables in Hex read from right to left but there is no mention of the order used (left to right vs right to left) to write this table. Based on viewing the highlighted data, increment by increment, these value tables are written LEFT TO RIGHT. 

Hex-Addr   Data Area

00000038  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

00000040  19 08 19 00 72 03 02 20

00000048  00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF  

If you need more information about this Panasonic built in utility please let me know. There is no mention of the EEPROM editor/flash utility I can find on line but I will happily share what I know (very little beyond what I see on screen). It would be much appreciated if you would share any information you may have about this utility.

I am looking for data values written at location Hex 0150 and 0151 (sub contrast | RF_NTSC) also Hex locations 017C through 01C3 (SD & HD, high mid and low,Color Temperatures for R-CUTOFF, G-CUTOFF, B-CUTOFF, R-DRIVE, G-DRIVE, B-DRIVE.)  Note: FYI - ALL-CUT values are written else where and are standard set at value Hex 80. Should you require the X or Y axis W/B adjustment values I have them available for the TC-P42ST30 which I believe to be close to values of the model you are working with.

I also need info for SVC-MENU Peaks EEPROM contrast setting values as the TC-P42ST30 sets leave the factory (will save swapping Peaks EEPROMS between 2 A boards).

Better yet, if you need any data from Flash(Lsi-data), Flash(Fake-Eeprom), EEPROM(Peaks), EEPROM(STBY), or FLASH(Module) I have access to all of it. It is very lenghty and there is no known way to dump this data to a file right now. I do believe there is a built in mechanism to allow transfer of data to a printer or other storage medium and I am trying to discover how to access this area. It would be very helpful if you know of a data sheet for IC8000, the Peaks module, or a copy of the loaded software program for these TV's.

Should you require a long list of data I can photograph it and post it as it appears in the editor. I have done this for your requested data below.

Best wishes with the data!

Monty

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P42st30 42 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P50st30 50 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P46st30 46 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60st30 60 Inch 1080p 600 Hz 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55st30 55 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P65st30 65 Inch 1080p 600 Hz 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page