PNxxD550 advanced calibration unlocked!/Calibration Thread - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 776 Old 07-31-2011, 10:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes i know about the Hz, but what i'm not sure if the TV will handle NTSC which is totally different standard. I want to use HK for up scaling. That is why i want to know if PAL version supports NTSC as well. Looked on the I-net and could not find any ifno regarding that. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 776 Old 07-31-2011, 03:02 PM
Advanced Member

No, NTSC is not that different when you put it to the HDMI cable.

The different resolution and different frame rate is not a problem and I think this TV can also adapt to the different color spaces when you use Auto (or you can calibrate it for yourself with Custom...).

Upscaling from what to what? The standard NTSC resolution is the old SDTV resolution. If you mean you will output HDTV resolution then NTSC only means a different framerate and/or color space. But I can't see why an A/V Receiver would change the frame rate and I am sure it won't try to convert between color spaces (well, may be if you specifically ask for it).

"DIY certified hobby-calibrator" (based on ChadB's "warning signs" list
post #363 of 776 Old 08-01-2011, 11:08 AM

Can anyone out there confirm that these methods of calibration work on the PN51D530 which is supposed to be essentially the same panel as the D550 only without 3D and fewer inputs. Furthermore also hoping if this is true then they will also work on the Insignia NS-51P680A12 which is supposedly just a re-badged PN51D530.

Anyone?

todd siechen
realeyz imaging

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #364 of 776 Old 08-01-2011, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahbuddy661 View Post

Hi, just wanted to post something I did that drastically helped with the fluctuations. I went into the service menu did a factory reset then powered back on. After that I entered Larry's 2nd calibration and turned everything off.

Now I know some people have said they tried one or two things that seemed to have help, well I can say that when I made these changes it was night and day. I am not the kinda person that will try and convince myself about something. When I first got the set It was fluctuating like crazy and now on tv and bluray I have been looking for hours to notice the pops but have not noticed one, well maybe a subtle hint of one when going from dark to very bright.

Believe me I know its strange I did not change anything in the sm just reset. Like I said I will not convince myself to like something, I was about ready to take the tv back. I am not saying I wont see any ever but if I do, they will not be as bad as before. Anyone who is bothered by these flucs should try this, what do you have to lose it worked for me. Dustin.

Also big thanks to Larry for those 2nd settings, by far the best ones I have tried. So good I am not going to have it calibrated next week as planned.

Would doing this factory reset remove the calibrations done at the factory for Movie Mode, or just clear out user settings?

Also, does this cure your brightness changes, like the stuck motion lighting setting some have reported, or has it removed the black pops everyone is getting?

How is it working for you still?
post #365 of 776 Old 08-01-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realeyz View Post

Can anyone out there confirm that these methods of calibration work on the PN51D530 which is supposed to be essentially the same panel as the D550 only without 3D and fewer inputs. Furthermore also hoping if this is true then they will also work on the Insignia NS-51P680A12 which is supposedly just a re-badged PN51D530.

Anyone?

+1.

I have the Insignia as well and was wondering if this was possible on it.
post #366 of 776 Old 08-02-2011, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthongy817 View Post

+1.

I don't have the set yet, but since you do, have you tried punching in those numbers to see if you can get into some kind of service menu?

todd siechen
realeyz imaging

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #367 of 776 Old 08-03-2011, 09:57 AM

Hi Janos666, yes i see what your point is. Got confuse somehow. Thanks for an advice and clearing up things for me.
post #368 of 776 Old 08-05-2011, 10:10 AM

Hi I have several questions. I just purchased a pn59d550.

1. Are there any hardware differences preventing apps from working when you switch this to a 7000 in the service menu? What is causing this to not work.

2. Has anyone flashed the 7000 firmware to the pn59d550. Does work or make any difference?

3. Can someone post some pictures with a visual explanation of what cables must be hooked up after switching the model. I do not have 4 hdmi devices.

4. does usb break.

5. are there any firmware updates? I do not see any on Samsung site for this model.
post #369 of 776 Old 08-06-2011, 02:35 PM

Ok....

I accidentally hit the AV Calibration and it shows failure..

after that...my whole TV while watching cable has been FKED...all the colours are WRONG! and super DARK...

anyway to fix this problem?

googled it...looks like I'm **** out of luck...time to exchange the TV for another one....it's only been 4 wks
post #370 of 776 Old 08-06-2011, 09:03 PM

1. Are there any hardware differences preventing apps from working when you switch this to a 7000 in the service menu? What is causing this to not work.

2. Has anyone flashed the 7000 firmware to the pn59d550. Does work or make any difference?

3. Can someone post some pictures with a visual explanation of what cables must be hooked up after switching the model. I do not have 4 hdmi devices.

4. Does usb break?, If so is there a way to fix it?

5. Are there any firmware updates? I do not see any on Samsung site for this model. Did not know if you need to massage samsung to get them.
post #371 of 776 Old 08-07-2011, 12:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunGJaI View Post

Ok....

I accidentally hit the AV Calibration and it shows failure..

after that...my whole TV while watching cable has been FKED...all the colours are WRONG! and super DARK...

anyway to fix this problem?

googled it...looks like I'm **** out of luck...time to exchange the TV for another one....it's only been 4 wks

No, you can use this image for auto calibration or even try to set it manually using the AVSHD709 test disk (these are basically contrast/brightness settings, separately for the primary color channels).

I suggest to set the values to 128x3, 0x3 before you hit the calibration again. After the first Success, increase the higher values and decrese the lower values by ~5 and run the calibration again.

My results are 139x3, 49x3, so expect something similar.

post #372 of 776 Old 08-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcnewb View Post

4. Does usb break?, If so is there a way to fix it?

5. Are there any firmware updates? I do not see any on Samsung site for this model. Did not know if you need to massage samsung to get them.

1: The renaming won't unlock the SmartTV functions, so there is no any kind of App support.

2: No, it's not possible to flash and a forced flash (with disabled watchdog) would probably kill the device.
There is no public hack or custom modified firmware for the 2011 models (to access other non-supported features).

3: Sorry, I don't have the time right now to draw one.

4: On the EU models -> Yes, US models??? (I guess not.)

5: For the EU models -> Yes, US models??? (Run the build-in updater and check the build date of your current version)

post #373 of 776 Old 08-09-2011, 09:56 AM

So I've got a 17 foot conduit from the back of my tv to where my cable box/ps3/MacMini is. Don't ask, but when they were building the house they went a longer route with the conduit around the fireplace.

All are connected to the tv (via an HDMI switch) on the HDMI wire in the conduit.

Do I need to spend another $500 for a second wire just to have 2 HDMI ports plugged in to make 1 HDMI work?
post #374 of 776 Old 08-18-2011, 11:12 PM

well after 2 tvs i decide to move on to the panasonic tv i decide the tcp55st30 to replace my pn51d550 the firts panel didnt get on after 1 week the second comes with dead pixels,
post #375 of 776 Old 08-19-2011, 07:16 AM

This is an awesome hack, However I can't get the 10P settings to be activated, they are grayed out. Can anyone make any suggestions
post #376 of 776 Old 08-19-2011, 02:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoggca View Post

This is an awesome hack, However I can't get the 10P settings to be activated, they are grayed out. Can anyone make any suggestions

You need to use the Movie mode to access it.

post #377 of 776 Old 08-19-2011, 02:38 PM

Thanks I'll give it a shot when I get home after work... Has anyone tried connecting from HDMI to HDMI on the TV as a source for the crossmatching? Would that work? I only need 1 input since I am using my Onkyo to switch between sources..
post #378 of 776 Old 08-20-2011, 05:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoggca View Post
Has anyone tried connecting from HDMI to HDMI on the TV as a source for the crossmatching?
Yes, it didn't work for me.

post #379 of 776 Old 08-23-2011, 01:06 PM

I really need your help guys right now. I went into service menu and made a mistake by going to AV calibration, I failed it and now my colors are awful. I tried 8x8 checkboard, NTSC color bars nothing helps through PS3 on AV cable. So please, can someone give me this information. In the service menu go to ADC/WB, then into ADC and take photo off all settings. Then in ADC Result and photo of all option, and last White balance and also photo off all options. Please guys, I really need you help.
post #380 of 776 Old 08-26-2011, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipitz View Post

I really need your help guys right now. I went into service menu and made a mistake by going to AV calibration, I failed it and now my colors are awful. I tried 8x8 checkboard, NTSC color bars nothing helps through PS3 on AV cable. So please, can someone give me this information. In the service menu go to ADC/WB, then into ADC and take photo off all settings. Then in ADC Result and photo of all option, and last White balance and also photo off all options. Please guys, I really need you help.

Can someone please help me? I just need 4 photos when you watch AV channels.
post #381 of 776 Old 08-26-2011, 08:07 PM

what up guys just started going through this thread today need some help please i own a samsung pn51d550 i tried doing the service menu options and changing them but i screwed up an i need to know what the settings are supposed to be in the service menu options when u go into the options

Option
Factory Reset
Type 51DFHcV
Local Set US
Model PD7000
Tuner SI_ATC
Front Color P-W-Vio

I need to know if these are the correct settings it needs to be on in the service menu please help thankyou
post #382 of 776 Old 08-27-2011, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthongy817 View Post

+1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realeyz View Post

I don't have the set yet, but since you do, have you tried punching in those numbers to see if you can get into some kind of service menu?

I'm very interested in this as well. Any additional information would be great.
post #383 of 776 Old 08-27-2011, 09:36 PM

Hmmmmm...
So looks like my HDMI ports stopped working...

I had 4 HDMI plugged in when I did the switch...

but now I only have my PS3 plugged in and the TV don't pick it up...

just shows "No Signal" - Check connected device's power, cable connection, and source selection.

I tested plugging in 2 (PBO and PS3 still no go)

I tested my PS3 and PBO on my sister TV works fine on HDMI...

Did I miss something?

PS3 was working before...
post #384 of 776 Old 08-29-2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipitz View Post

Okay here they are. This is the Australian PS model but should be the same.

I wanted to go in and try switching it to a 7000 model to unlock the advanced calibrations. Ended up switching back for now until I can get a solution for my HDMI inputs not working. (Tried a passive splitter but it has handshaking problems - audio dropouts etc.)

Pity cause I have an Eye-One Pro and have already run through the AVSHD/Color HCFR calibrations on the 2 point white balance, but can't seem to get rid of some red push/oversaturated yellows...
LL
LL
LL
post #385 of 776 Old 08-30-2011, 03:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroboy View Post

Okay here they are. This is the Australian PS model but should be the same.

You have exactly the same values which I got after the automatic calibration with the checkerboard pattern, so I think they can be safely copied.

post #386 of 776 Old 08-30-2011, 03:07 PM

hmm am I missing something. I just ordered my PN51D550. And it only has 2 HDMI inputs. So why thread keep saying 4 HDMI inputs?
post #387 of 776 Old 08-30-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaselo1987 View Post

hmm am I missing something. I just ordered my PN51D550. And it only has 2 HDMI inputs. So why thread keep saying 4 HDMI inputs?

Either you don't have a PN51D550 or your blind...

There is 2 on the back and 2 on the left side of the TV (where the USB ports are as well)
post #388 of 776 Old 08-30-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunGJaI View Post

Either you don't have a PN51D550 or your blind...

There is 2 on the back and 2 on the left side of the TV (where the USB ports are as well)

Lol, harsh. I ordered it, havent received it yet. But spec sheet says 2 HDMI inputs, as well as website. So anyway, I just looked it up and found images showing the additional 2. I wonder why it doesn't just say 4 inputs then?!?

Thanks bud. =)
post #389 of 776 Old 08-30-2011, 08:15 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 26
im sure its been covered many however i havea question, in terms if picture quality with this 550 unlocked whats the difference between that in the 6500? this being neigther have a RBF
post #390 of 776 Old 08-30-2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaselo1987 View Post

Lol, harsh. I ordered it, havent received it yet. But spec sheet says 2 HDMI inputs, as well as website. So anyway, I just looked it up and found images showing the additional 2. I wonder why it doesn't just say 4 inputs then?!?

Thanks bud. =)

Haha, sorry :P

just pissed off about my TV...

all my damn HDMI ports stopped working...

anyone?!@?
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic , Samsung Ln40d550 40 Inch 1080p 60 Hz Lcd Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page