The Official Panasonic GT30 Settings Thread - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #631 of 1311 Old 03-04-2012, 07:50 AM
Advanced Member
 
PeterLewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 643
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Well my take regarding 2.1 patch...I noticed prior to the patch that other colors were more robust like the (green,blues,red and yellow,etc).But skin tones were a bit bronzy.

After 2.1...I noticed skin tones were more natural and blacks deeper "BUT" I feel that the other colors green,blues...etc look a bit washed out and muted.They did not have that vibrancy like prior 2.1.

For instance I watch espn alot and with pre 2.1 the colors used to jump out at me but the host were a bit orangy.After the patch I can tell the colors felt muted and the colors were not popping as prior to the patch but the host looked to have a natural skin color.

I wish this patch gave me both of both worlds, great skin tones with the robust of colors.

Samsung 60F8500
Panasonic 55GT30
Panasonic BDT310
PS3 (PS4 coming soon)
Sony STR-DG1000 AVR
Mirage Omnisat V2 7.1 set up with Energy S10 Sub
PeterLewis is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #632 of 1311 Old 03-04-2012, 07:55 AM
Senior Member
 
MrVizio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 342
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.DTS View Post

And just to add to Moxie's statement, just be sure you're aware that once you apply the 2.1 Patch, D-Nice's settings are pretty much ...null & void. So with that much time invested you might want to live with it for a few days, try some different programing or tweak a few settings just to be sure.

I agree. Watch for a few days. You'll know. With me the picture seemed to dim. And custom didn't behave to my liking. But it varies from person to person, set to set, environment to environment.

If you find yourself not satisfied after watching for a while, you can venture into the territory of the 2.1 patch.
MrVizio is offline  
post #633 of 1311 Old 03-04-2012, 08:01 AM
Senior Member
 
MrVizio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 342
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterLewis View Post

Well my take regarding 2.1 patch...I noticed prior to the patch that other colors were more robust like the (green,blues,red and yellow,etc).But skin tones were a bit bronzy.

After 2.1...I noticed skin tones were more natural and blacks deeper "BUT" I feel that the other colors green,blues...etc look a bit washed out and muted.They did not have that vibrancy like prior 2.1.

For instance I watch espn alot and with pre 2.1 the colors used to jump out at me but the host were a bit orangy.After the patch I can tell the colors felt muted and the colors were not popping as prior to the patch but the host looked to have a natural skin color.

I wish this patch gave me both of both worlds, great skin tones with the robust of colors.

I plan on getting my set pro calibrated, so hopefully I'll be able to have the best of both worlds. I'm pretty happy with the colors now, but I get what you're saying.

This sounds similar to the other two members that preferred their sets pre-patch. I remember one of them talking about how rich the colors were in animated material.

I don't always watch in a darkened room, so for me, the 2.1 patch was a must. It really helped.
MrVizio is offline  
post #634 of 1311 Old 03-04-2012, 08:21 AM
Member
 
Shocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Metro Atlanta
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVizio View Post

Sounds like dithering. Sometimes lowering the brightness can help. I usually put up a 2:35:1 movie in a dark room and check the black bars on the top and bottom. If I see any dithering in them, I lower the Brightness until it's gone.

Keep in mind, however, this is part of how plasma produces their image (No dithering in LCD for example), and as long as it's not distracting from your viewing distance I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

It's definitely very distracting, seems to vary by content but there are some scenes I see it almost everywhere. Somehow not something I noticed on any of the plasma displays in the stores. Could be also that I'm coming off 4-5 years of watching everything on an LCD and just need to get used to it. I'll try adjusting the brightness.

Otherwise it looks pretty good. Maybe looks a little warm.

EDIT: Actually, it looks a bit undersaturated as well. Hard to say how much without something next to it to compare it to but colors definitely don't stand out as much as they used to. This is without the 2.1 patch.
Shocked is offline  
post #635 of 1311 Old 03-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Senior Member
 
NY613's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 427
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not sure if this issue... But at friends house watching tv, on 60" gt30, the picture seems to switch from dark to bright... Is there a issue? Or is it something in settings?

Pioneer Plasma 151fd
Oppo BDP-93
NY613 is offline  
post #636 of 1311 Old 03-04-2012, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
moxie1617's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Chicago Metro
Posts: 2,431
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY613 View Post

Not sure if this issue... But at friends house watching tv, on 60" gt30, the picture seems to switch from dark to bright... Is there a issue? Or is it something in settings?

ensure CATS is turned off.
moxie1617 is offline  
post #637 of 1311 Old 03-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Senior Member
 
MrVizio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 342
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxie1617 View Post

ensure CATS is turned off.

Also check if AGC, in Custom, is on anything other than "0". I've experienced similar effects with it even at +1.

I believe that AGC is also on in Standard mode, and I'm suspicious of Game mode as well. I pretty much stick to THX and Custom.
MrVizio is offline  
post #638 of 1311 Old 03-05-2012, 08:26 AM
Senior Member
 
Symtex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 345
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I don't doubt that some of the settings specify in this thread are great but I prefer THX mode - Warm1 color mode. The white are whiter and the color are still vibrant.
Symtex is offline  
post #639 of 1311 Old 03-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Senior Member
 
MrVizio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 342
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symtex View Post

I don't doubt that some of the settings specify in this thread are great but I prefer THX mode - Warm1 color mode. The white are whiter and the color are still vibrant.

After 2.1 patch I am quite pleased with THX mode with a few tweaks.
MrVizio is offline  
post #640 of 1311 Old 03-05-2012, 09:07 AM
Member
 
B0N3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVizio View Post

After 2.1 patch I am quite pleased with THX mode with a few tweaks.


I will second that. I am using THX for everything now. Turning up the contrast just slightly really made things pop.
B0N3 is offline  
post #641 of 1311 Old 03-05-2012, 09:28 AM
Senior Member
 
MrVizio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 342
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0N3 View Post

I will second that. I am using THX for everything now. Turning up the contrast just slightly really made things pop.

Me too. THX really grew on me. Rich colors, yet natural. You can really crank contrast to your liking now -- such as a bright environment -- and still get a very nice image.
MrVizio is offline  
post #642 of 1311 Old 03-05-2012, 09:59 AM
Senior Member
 
Symtex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 345
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I am glad I am not crazy. Thanks for the validation.
Symtex is offline  
post #643 of 1311 Old 03-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Senior Member
 
MrVizio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 342
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symtex View Post

I am glad I am not crazy. Thanks for the validation.

You're as sane as they come, my friend.
MrVizio is offline  
post #644 of 1311 Old 03-05-2012, 02:19 PM
Member
 
Shocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Metro Atlanta
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Still using d-nice's settings, without the 2.1 patch, been playing a bit with the color, brightness and contrast settings but definitely think the picture looks a bit undersaturated or something.

It looks a bit like an (apparently defective) VT30 I saw on display sitting next to two Samsung plasmas (PN D8000 and a D7000). The color on the Samsungs popped out a lot more. I'm not sure if it was technically a more natural look but it was more pleasing to the eye. Is this something inherent to these displays or a setting?
Shocked is offline  
post #645 of 1311 Old 03-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Newbie
 
1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
what did 2.1 change in thx? i've been using this mode but i'm apprehensive about doing the 2.1 patch...
1970 is offline  
post #646 of 1311 Old 03-05-2012, 07:38 PM
Senior Member
 
MrVizio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 342
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocked View Post

Still using d-nice's settings, without the 2.1 patch, been playing a bit with the color, brightness and contrast settings but definitely think the picture looks a bit undersaturated or something.

It looks a bit like an (apparently defective) VT30 I saw on display sitting next to two Samsung plasmas (PN D8000 and a D7000). The color on the Samsungs popped out a lot more. I'm not sure if it was technically a more natural look but it was more pleasing to the eye. Is this something inherent to these displays or a setting?

Well, since I can't compare your TV directly to mine... It's possible you could have a defective set. Do you still have time to exchange it?

Personally, if I was feeling unsure about it, and I was still within the return window, I'd apply the 2.1 patch and see if it helps things out. If I still was not happy, I'd try another set.

That was my only real regret in getting the Panny over the Sammy; the Sammy was brighter. And seemed to have more pop. However, after installing the patch I feel that the gap between the two was greatly narrowed.

I'm very happy now.
MrVizio is offline  
post #647 of 1311 Old 03-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Senior Member
 
MrVizio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 342
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970 View Post

what did 2.1 change in thx? i've been using this mode but i'm apprehensive about doing the 2.1 patch...

For me, and many others, it seemed to "brighten" up things. Mainly because I can run THX with the contrast as high as 86 and it looks really good. Also, I can use Mid or High panel brightness in Custom mode now and it looks good.

Just make sure to switch HDMI to "Graphics".

If you watch in an all dark environment then you may be satisfied with a low panel brightness. I'm not able to do that at this current time, so the extra brightness is welcome.

Plus, I kind of like a little pop in my PQ even if it's not exactly a "reference" image.
MrVizio is offline  
post #648 of 1311 Old 03-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Member
 
Shocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Metro Atlanta
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVizio View Post

Well, since I can't compare your TV directly to mine... It's possible you could have a defective set. Do you still have time to exchange it?

Personally, if I was feeling unsure about it, and I was still within the return window, I'd apply the 2.1 patch and see if it helps things out. If I still was not happy, I'd try another set.

That was my only real regret in getting the Panny over the Sammy; the Sammy was brighter. And seemed to have more pop. However, after installing the patch I feel that the gap between the two was greatly narrowed.

I'm very happy now.

Thanks for the info. Think I'll try the 2.1 patch.

Still have plenty of time to exchange or return it, but I may not be able to get another GT30. If that's the case I'd probably have to go order an ST50 from Amazon, or spend more than I was really planning to on a PN59D7000 instead.

Experiencing a plasma in your own home theater seems like a massive difference vs checking out the displays in stores. A bit underwhelmed so far so I'll play around with it. Think I'll stick with plasma anyway simply because I can't stand LCD clouding issues (of which my old set has terribly).
Shocked is offline  
post #649 of 1311 Old 03-06-2012, 05:37 AM
Member
 
Noonin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishBlue View Post

Has anyone got some decent audio settings I can try out?

The only presets on there are Music and Speech and they're both rubbish!

I'm not using any presets, just played around with the settings. I think the problem is with the design of the TV, and most thin TVs now. There just isn't room in the "cabinet" for decent acoustics like in the old CRT TVs. Thin is in...another example of Form over Function. I use my HT setup for anything where I care about the sound, but wish the set sounded a little better so I don't feel like I have to switch on my stereo just to watch the news.
Noonin is offline  
post #650 of 1311 Old 03-06-2012, 05:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
cpcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Vidalia, GA
Posts: 6,471
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
A solution would be to offer a small subwoofer
with the TV.
cpcat is offline  
post #651 of 1311 Old 03-06-2012, 07:56 AM
C63
Member
 
C63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVizio View Post

Me too. THX really grew on me. Rich colors, yet natural. You can really crank contrast to your liking now -- such as a bright environment -- and still get a very nice image.

Another vote for THX mode from me. After trying a bunch of the online settings I settled for THX with contrast bumped to 80, no 2.1 patch but 2.2 FW update. Not in a totally dark room, but not a lot of light either. Seems to work well on both Blu-rays and decent HD Cable broadcasts (which are few and far between). One thing I've noticed more with this TV than any other I've owned is how critical the input quality is. If you have any doubts about how strong the picture quality can be just try Hugo or Puss in Boots on Blu-ray. On great source material it's hard to believe there is much better PQ to be had out there for anything approaching the GT30's price (slightly over $2K for me, last month). Then after watching that, go back to your very best HD cable/satellite channel. There is truly no comparison, and when making comments about the picture quality of the set you better be sure that you are feeding it a pristine signal, cause it does no favors to crappy source PQ. Anyway, at this point I am quite happy with the picture in THX mode and will probably just leave it and forget it. I also love the build quality and materials used, no plastic in sight. Not sure what the bezel is made from but it sure doesn't look like cheap plastic like much of the competition, and to be honest I like the look of the GT better than the VT, which when on and the "one-sheet-of-glass" illlusion disappears actually appears to have a larger bezel than the GT. All things considered I am really happy with the set. Thanks for all the advice from you guys. Cheers.
C63 is offline  
post #652 of 1311 Old 03-06-2012, 08:14 AM
Advanced Member
 
PeterLewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 643
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 24
@ C63

So you decided against installing the 2.1 patch.I liked the colors better pre patch,other than better skin tones.If you decide to install the patch I would like to hear your before and after impressions...Thx.

Also to get your cable hd signal to look good, make sure you have v.noise reduction on with mothion smoother on.It cleans up the hd signal from your cable provider.Now for Blu-ray you want those features off..

Samsung 60F8500
Panasonic 55GT30
Panasonic BDT310
PS3 (PS4 coming soon)
Sony STR-DG1000 AVR
Mirage Omnisat V2 7.1 set up with Energy S10 Sub
PeterLewis is offline  
post #653 of 1311 Old 03-06-2012, 09:53 AM
Senior Member
 
MrVizio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 342
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by C63 View Post

Another vote for THX mode from me. After trying a bunch of the online settings I settled for THX with contrast bumped to 80, no 2.1 patch but 2.2 FW update. Not in a totally dark room, but not a lot of light either. Seems to work well on both Blu-rays and decent HD Cable broadcasts (which are few and far between). One thing I've noticed more with this TV than any other I've owned is how critical the input quality is. If you have any doubts about how strong the picture quality can be just try Hugo or Puss in Boots on Blu-ray. On great source material it's hard to believe there is much better PQ to be had out there for anything approaching the GT30's price (slightly over $2K for me, last month). Then after watching that, go back to your very best HD cable/satellite channel. There is truly no comparison, and when making comments about the picture quality of the set you better be sure that you are feeding it a pristine signal, cause it does no favors to crappy source PQ. Anyway, at this point I am quite happy with the picture in THX mode and will probably just leave it and forget it. I also love the build quality and materials used, no plastic in sight. Not sure what the bezel is made from but it sure doesn't look like cheap plastic like much of the competition, and to be honest I like the look of the GT better than the VT, which when on and the "one-sheet-of-glass" illlusion disappears actually appears to have a larger bezel than the GT. All things considered I am really happy with the set. Thanks for all the advice from you guys. Cheers.

Glad to hear.

Yeah, when I first got the set and tried THX, it felt a little dull, but now I love it. I honestly think that as the display "breaks in" that the image improves. I've experienced this on every plasma I've owned. Never on LCD.

Just shows that when given the chance, THX (closest mode to reference) actually is very pleasing to the human eye

True, this set is a magnifying glass for crap. What can you do...

I've heard nothing but good about Hugo BD. Should have it here soon. Can't wait to test it out. Curious, whether you watched it in 2D or 3D.

Another film that looks great is "Mary and Max".
MrVizio is offline  
post #654 of 1311 Old 03-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Senior Member
 
MrVizio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 342
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterLewis View Post

@ C63

So you decided against installing the 2.1 patch.I liked the colors better pre patch,other than better skin tones.If you decide to install the patch I would like to hear your before and after impressions...Thx.

Also to get your cable hd signal to look good, make sure you have v.noise reduction on with mothion smoother on.It cleans up the hd signal from your cable provider.Now for Blu-ray you want those features off..

I still prefer post 2.1, but I know where you're coming from. Hopefully, as I said, after a pro calibration I can have the best of both worlds.

I use both those settings for HD broadcast. When it comes to making HD TV look good all bets are off and I do whatever is necessary.

I actually like motion smoother on this set. I generally don't prefer it for film, but HDTV, Sports, and Pixar films it works great. It does a good job and isn't nearly as obnoxious as the SOE I've experienced on LCDs.

Just wish it could be turned on in THX.

I asked a pro calibrator if it was possible to turn it on via the service menu.

He said...

he's not sure.
MrVizio is offline  
post #655 of 1311 Old 03-06-2012, 01:01 PM
C63
Member
 
C63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterLewis View Post

@ C63

So you decided against installing the 2.1 patch.I liked the colors better pre patch,other than better skin tones.If you decide to install the patch I would like to hear your before and after impressions...Thx.

Also to get your cable hd signal to look good, make sure you have v.noise reduction on with mothion smoother on.It cleans up the hd signal from your cable provider.Now for Blu-ray you want those features off..

yeah, I probably won't do the 2.1 patch. Not a fan of any "adjustment" that is irreversable, and I'm pretty happy with THX as is. Will try your suggestions for the HD cable. Thanks.
C63 is offline  
post #656 of 1311 Old 03-06-2012, 01:06 PM
C63
Member
 
C63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVizio View Post

Glad to hear.

Yeah, when I first got the set and tried THX, it felt a little dull, but now I love it. I honestly think that as the display "breaks in" that the image improves. I've experienced this on every plasma I've owned. Never on LCD.

Just shows that when given the chance, THX (closest mode to reference) actually is very pleasing to the human eye

True, this set is a magnifying glass for crap. What can you do...

I've heard nothing but good about Hugo BD. Should have it here soon. Can't wait to test it out. Curious, whether you watched it in 2D or 3D.

Another film that looks great is "Mary and Max".

Watched in 2D, not a big fan of 3D as I don't like wearing the goofy glasses for a whole movie. Also seems to dull the color. Hugo is hands down the most realistic looking BD I have ever seen. The richness of the colors and the depth of focus are just amazing. The 2D almost looks like its 3D. I know it's mostly CGI with live actors but the way they blend the two together is just amazing. Add in the fact that it's a truly wonderful movie (unlike the vast majority of reference PQ material) and I can't imagine there will be a better BD release this year.
C63 is offline  
post #657 of 1311 Old 03-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Member
 
jlb32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by C63 View Post

yeah, I probably won't do the 2.1 patch. Not a fan of any "adjustment" that is irreversable, and I'm pretty happy with THX as is. Will try your suggestions for the HD cable. Thanks.

Yeah, I don't think I am going to do the 2.1 patch either. I am pretty happy with the THX mode now that I have run it for a few 100 hours and have the contrast adjusted to my liking.
jlb32 is offline  
post #658 of 1311 Old 03-07-2012, 02:14 AM
Member
 
Shocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Metro Atlanta
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, I installed the 2.1 patch and tried some of dave-o's settings. I think it might look a little better.

I think it's probably not so much a defective unit so much as not what I was expecting based on what I remember from previewing displays in store. The colors are less vibrant overall; the best example is probably the Tivo Premiere menu background, it's much closer to blueish-grey than actual blue.

Is there anything still to be done?
Shocked is offline  
post #659 of 1311 Old 03-07-2012, 03:47 AM
Senior Member
 
MrVizio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 342
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocked View Post

Well, I installed the 2.1 patch and tried some of dave-o's settings. I think it might look a little better.

I think it's probably not so much a defective unit so much as not what I was expecting based on what I remember from previewing displays in store. The colors are less vibrant overall; the best example is probably the Tivo Premiere menu background, it's much closer to blueish-grey than actual blue.

Is there anything still to be done?

The Samsung's are known for their colors. That's their strong point. Cnet now says the D8000 will be their reference set for color.

The one thing I like after the 2.1 is the ability to raise the contrast without killing the image. I'm also using warm 1 now.

If you turn AGC on in Custom you'll see a pretty big difference in color saturation (though it does vary from scene to scene), but that setting is a big no, no as it also raises and lowers black levels as well.

Can you remind me again why you think your set is possibly defective. I can't remember.
MrVizio is offline  
post #660 of 1311 Old 03-07-2012, 03:50 AM
Newbie
 
cn8263's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a quick question regarding my 65GT30 plasma. A had to get my A-Board replaced due to the FBr peoblem. I did backup my "Settings" to a SD card as described in the "Service Manual" when swapping out a A-Board.
Looking at the service menu after the change, the drives/cuts are different for warm, normal and cool. However evrything looks great.
Should I transfer the saved SD card data to the new A Board or just leave it alone??
(Or :: I did also write down only the normal, cool and warm settings from the service menu prior to doing the save fronm TV to SD and just put only them (drv's ,etc) in by hand to the new A-board)


I did have 2.1 then 2.2 with the old A-Board,etc.
The bottom line is in regards to the new A-board:
1. Leave all alone
2 Do the SD to TV data restore or just change my drives and cuts from the data I wrote down ( 24 HD and 24 SD from cool,normal and warm)



THANKS!!!
cn8263 is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P60gt30 60 Inch 1080p 600 Hz 3d Plasma Hdtv , Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - P60gt30 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off