The Official Panasonic GT30 Settings Thread - Page 29 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #841 of 1311 Old 04-17-2012, 06:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone use a HTPC with theirs? I have the display settings correct on my computer but there's still about 1 1/2" of black around the screen.

Was there anything you had to do to the tv? Is there something wrong with my video card?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 1311 Old 04-18-2012, 12:00 AM

Liked: 13
Haven't posted here in almost 7 years . . . time goes by quickly when you're having fun . . . I guess.

Anyway nice to see all participants in the forum. I sold my Pio 50" plasma a few weeks ago and bought my first Panny, TC-P55GT30. Never have played with one so I figured it's about time. Ever since it arrived, I've been 'tweaking' it with some success.

Did the 100+hr pixel break-in procedure (worthwhile in my estimation) and since then have come up with two (2) settings, for "THX" and "Custom".

Last night (and a good part of today), I read the entire thread . . . it's very LONG but well done with lots of good info esp the V2.1 FW update. This afternoon, I installed the update and the panel has been exorcised!

I agree with the comments about the change in picture quality as mine did the same thing. It's interesting that Panny calls it "luminance" fix but I see it as a "color balance" update; the red-blue (magenta) push from the stock panel is horrid! It takes tons of Grn drv to balance it out. That's why most everybody has had problems getting "realistic" face tones.

With V2.1 installed you can see that the RGB is much more balanced . . however, there seems to be a bit of 'green-push'. However, we all know that GREEN is needed to produce a balanced hi-quality HD picture.

I've posted settings for TC-P55GT30 "THX" and "CUSTOM" modes here

In post #3, there's a treatise on "How-to-make-SM-changes". It's not hard to do and the procedure guides you through it.

If you have any questions, please ask. . .

Regards . . . Jim

------------------------------------------------------

GT30 "Custom" Settings: 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GT30 "THX" Settings:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GT30 "Vivid" Settings:

post #843 of 1311 Old 04-19-2012, 12:06 AM

I didn't realize that you 'calibrate' the TV and that's what generates your recommended settings. Of course, that's the ONLY way to do right!

Tried the 12/2011 "Custom" settings designed for use with the V2.1 patch. I can say I actually like the Warm2 settings. As you may have read, I (like some others in the forum) do not like the Warm1 or Warm2 "brown" caste to the video. Yes, I know that it's "closest to perfection" but that doesn't cut it for me.

However, yours are very nice . . . only nit-pick is that there's too much color and it's seems to be advanced in most of the settings I see generated in others as well. It's as if it's for "Vivid" color. IMO, I like to back off and make "faces" appear as faces without a suntan.

Anyway, those settings are superb! Tnx for your efforts.

Regards . . . Jim

GT30 "Custom" Settings: 

GT30 "THX" Settings:

GT30 "Vivid" Settings:

post #844 of 1311 Old 04-19-2012, 07:13 AM
C63

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JForge View Post

I didn't realize that you 'calibrate' the TV and that's what generates your recommended settings. Of course, that's the ONLY way to do right!

Tried the 12/2011 "Custom" settings designed for use with the V2.1 patch. I can say I actually like the Warm2 settings. As you may have read, I (like some others in the forum) do not like the Warm1 or Warm2 "brown" caste to the video. Yes, I know that it's "closest to perfection" but that doesn't cut it for me.

However, yours are very nice . . . only nit-pick is that there's too much color and it's seems to be advanced in most of the settings I see generated in others as well. It's as if it's for "Vivid" color. IMO, I like to back off and make "faces" appear as faces without a suntan.

Anyway, those settings are superb! Tnx for your efforts.

I agree. After doing the 2.1 patch and 2.2 update (no calibration, just eyeball and trying various forum settings especially Dave O's mid-panel-brightness settings) I finally have a good compromise between brightness/pop and decent color and gamma. I also think most of the published settings for color (between 47 and 50) are a bit too saturated for my taste and I drop color down to about 42 to 45 depending on source and material. Only other comment I would make is that now THX and Custom appear to have very similar color balance but for some crazy reason Custom seems to have a sharper picture (with all available settings identical in both modes). I was planning on using THX for Blu-ray and Custom for HD Cable but now I just leave it in Custom for both sources. For anyone who hasn't done the 2.1 patch I highly recommend it whether you plan to calibrate or not.
post #845 of 1311 Old 04-19-2012, 07:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 22
@c63

When did you finally cave and updated to 2.1?...I thought you were holding out.

I do admit I have gotten use to it,as at first I was so use to the oversaturated colors.

Samsung 60F8500
Panasonic 55GT30
Panasonic BDT310
PS3 (PS4 coming soon)
Sony STR-DG1000 AVR
Mirage Omnisat V2 7.1 set up with Energy S10 Sub
post #846 of 1311 Old 04-19-2012, 09:45 AM
C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterLewis View Post

@c63

When did you finally cave and updated to 2.1?...I thought you were holding out.

I do admit I have gotten use to it,as at first I was so use to the oversaturated colors.

Just did it two days ago and been experimenting with settings and comparisons before posting my opinion. Didn't think it would end up better than THX with no calibration, but now I think it is. Might possibly have even made THX better.
post #847 of 1311 Old 04-19-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C63 View Post

I agree. I also think most of the published settings for color (between 47 and 50) are a bit too saturated for my taste and I drop color down to about 42 to 45 depending on source and material.

Exactly . . dropped the color from 49 to 36 for real-face-look.

Quote:

Only other comment I would make is that now THX and Custom appear to have very similar color balance but for some crazy reason Custom seems to have a sharper picture (with all available settings identical in both modes).

Ditto . . .

Quote:

I was planning on using THX for Blu-ray and Custom for HD Cable but now I just leave it in Custom for both sources. For anyone who hasn't done the 2.1 patch I highly recommend it whether you plan to calibrate or not.

Ditto . . . . use Custom for all . . .

Regards . . . Jim

GT30 "Custom" Settings: 

GT30 "THX" Settings:

GT30 "Vivid" Settings:

post #848 of 1311 Old 04-19-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_O View Post

Here are the best settings I have come up with yet. There seems to be a lot of variation in the response of these sets to published settings. Checking some settings and measurements that have been posted gave results that were very much worse that were obtained on the other persons set.

There were no adjustments to the Service Menu, and the set has the original A-Board.

Thanks to zoyd for pointing me in the right direction and donnymac for basics on gamma and RGB !!!

Picture Mode Custom
Temperature Warm2
Panel Brightness Low
Contrast 75
Brightness 50
Sharpness 50
Color 49
Tint 0
Gamma 2.2
Black extension 0
Color management Off
Video NR Off
Contour emphasis Off
CATS Off
AGC 0
Block NR Off
Mosquito NR Off
Motion smoother Off
Black Level Light

Grayscale
High R 2
High G 0
High B 10

Low R 8
Low G 11
Low B -1

I followed D-nice's "100 hour break in" procedure and use his thx settings when watching blu-ray's.

I use Dave_O's settings above for Fios HD and have 2.2 firmware installed.

Based on the latest posts, it seems that the 2.1 patch will make the picture even better. Is it too late for me to apply the 2.1 patch? Thanks.
post #849 of 1311 Old 04-19-2012, 10:55 AM
C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Gene View Post

I followed D-nice's "100 hour break in" procedure and use his thx settings when watching blu-ray's.

Based on the latest posts, it seems that the 2.1 patch will make the picture even better. Is it too late for me to apply the 2.1 patch? Thanks.

Nope, its never too late, just do the 2.1 patch via SD card and then reinstall the 2.2 firmware via TV Wifi internet connection.
post #850 of 1311 Old 04-19-2012, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

if you use the 2.1 patch you will mess up D-Nice's settings. It's fine with Dave_O's and Dave_O even has post 2.1, 2.2 settings.
post #851 of 1311 Old 04-19-2012, 01:56 PM
C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxie1617 View Post

if you use the 2.1 patch you will mess up D-Nice's settings. It's fine with Dave_O's and Dave_O even has post 2.1, 2.2 settings.

Sorry, I missed the part where he said he uses D-Nice's THX settings. I only saw the part about DaveO's settings. That makes the decision a little more complicated but I still think post 2.1/2.2 Custom mode beats THX (without calibration).
post #852 of 1311 Old 04-19-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:

. . . it seems that the 2.1 patch will make the picture even better. Is it too late for me to apply the 2.1 patch? Thanks.

As you read, it's not too late. When done, the direct link to Dave_O's settings w/ the V2.1 patch is here

Print the PDF . . on the second sheet is the recommended settings . . saved for posterity!

Regards . . . Jim

GT30 "Custom" Settings: 

GT30 "THX" Settings:

GT30 "Vivid" Settings:

post #853 of 1311 Old 04-19-2012, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

As you read, it's not too late. When done, the direct link to Dave_O's settings w/ the V2.1 patch is here

Print the PDF . . on the second sheet is the recommended settings . . saved for posterity!

again, if you don't want to screw up D-Nice's settings DO NOT APPLY THE 2.1 PATCH. JForge, your giving bad advice!
post #854 of 1311 Old 04-19-2012, 04:10 PM

Not sure what the problem is . . . you made that quite clear in post #850 . . ". .if you use the 2.1 patch, you will mess up D-Nice's settings . . ." Then this was further clarified by C63 in the next (#851) post.

My post is concerned with getting the correct settings info for Mean Gene . . IF . . he makes the change. Sorry if you didn't understand that.

BTW, do you have a xxGT30 that you use at home?

Regards . . . Jim

GT30 "Custom" Settings: 

GT30 "THX" Settings:

GT30 "Vivid" Settings:

post #855 of 1311 Old 04-19-2012, 04:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Not sure what the problem is . . . you made that quite clear in post #850 . . ". .if you use the 2.1 patch, you will mess up D-Nice's settings . . ." Then this was further clarified by C63 in the next (#851) post.

My post is concerned with getting the correct settings info for Mean Gene . . IF . . he makes the change. Sorry if you didn't understand that.

BTW, do you have a xxGT30 that you use at home?

Yes, I have the 50GT30 and am using DAVE_O's settings with the 2.1 patch and the 2.2 firmware.
post #856 of 1311 Old 04-19-2012, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxie1617 View Post

Yes, I have the 50GT30 and am using DAVE_O's settings with the 2.1 patch and the 2.2 firmware.

I guess it must be universal acceptance of the V2.1 patch w/ Dave-O's 'custom' settings. However, if you're not happy with it AFTER it is installed, there's not much you can do about it! Fortunately, I don't anybody who isn't pleased with the V2.1 patch.

BTW, in the email notification, there was an extra sentence (that you must have edited in the reply immediately after you posted it) . . . It said "Your post didn't quote Mean Gene so I thought you were adressing the most recent post".

But my original post (#852) did quote Mean Gene . . . so your first post was made in haste.

Regards . . . Jim

GT30 "Custom" Settings: 

GT30 "THX" Settings:

GT30 "Vivid" Settings:

post #857 of 1311 Old 04-20-2012, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I guess it must be universal acceptance of the V2.1 patch w/ Dave-O's 'custom' settings. However, if you're not happy with it AFTER it is installed, there's not much you can do about it! Fortunately, I don't anybody who isn't pleased with the V2.1 patch.

BTW, in the email notification, there was an extra sentence (that you must have edited in the reply immediately after you posted it) . . . It said "Your post didn't quote Mean Gene so I thought you were adressing the most recent post".

But my original post (#852) did quote Mean Gene . . . so your first post was made in haste.

It was.
post #858 of 1311 Old 04-20-2012, 09:36 AM

Whoa! Sorry to start any trouble everyone! I applied the 2.1 patch, updated back to 2.2 and applied Dave_O's settings to both blu-ray and fios inputs. Picture looks great to me so far, thanks for everyone's help!
post #859 of 1311 Old 04-20-2012, 10:53 AM

Mean Gene . . . there's no trouble . . moxie1617 is obviously a gentleman as am I so all was resolved to satisfy both of us.

Glad you like the V2.1 patch.

Regards . . . Jim

GT30 "Custom" Settings: 

GT30 "THX" Settings:

GT30 "Vivid" Settings:

post #860 of 1311 Old 04-20-2012, 11:12 AM
C63

Quote:

Whoa! Sorry to start any trouble everyone! I applied the 2.1 patch, updated back to 2.2 and applied Dave_O's settings to both blu-ray and fios inputs. Picture looks great to me so far, thanks for everyone's help!

Glad you are happy with results. For me the 2.1 patch followed by 2.2 update pretty much ends my experimentation with settings/updates and I will likely quit fiddling with stuff now and just watch some movies and enjoy. Many thanks to all the folks on this forum who offered their settings, advice, and opinions. This should hold me over now until that Panasonic 4K resolution 75 inch OLED comes along for $2K around Christmas 2015. Cheers !!!
post #861 of 1311 Old 04-20-2012, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

No trouble started and, glad you like the Dave_O settings.
post #862 of 1311 Old 04-20-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:

Glad you are happy with results. For me the 2.1 patch followed by 2.2 update pretty much ends my experimentation with settings/updates and I will likely quit fiddling with stuff now and just watch some movies and enjoy. Many thanks to all the folks on this forum who offered their settings, advice, and opinions. This should hold me over now until that Panasonic 4K resolution 75 inch OLED comes along for $2K around Christmas 2015. Cheers !!!

Same here, I have read so many threads and have seen so many different recommended settings. I just want to be done with it so i can enjoy the tv! I think these settings may be the final ones and will not press the menu button again.

Thanks again everyone for the help provided, I appreciate it!
post #863 of 1311 Old 04-24-2012, 12:04 AM

I recall seeing some comments in this thread re the use of "Vivid" mode and if I remember correctly, most were uncomplimentary. However, there are some interesting aspects associated with that mode that maybe have been overlooked.

I am not fully satisfied with the "Custom" mode (w/ V2.1 patch and Dave_O's settings). Yes, it's the best of settings generated (IMO) so far but seems to produce lack-luster screen images. Coming from a Pioneer HDTV, the "mid" panel brightness is what Pio calls "low" so those of you that have (or had) a Pio, know what I'm saying. I hadn't LOOKED at the other modes so maybe there's a Pio mode in there someplace.

Well, there is and it's called "Vivid". Most are put-off by this when tried b/c the COLOR is jacked up as well as the CONTRAST and the default color temp is "Cool2". But there's something that happens when the Vivid mode is used; the PANEL goes into what appears to be "HIGH" brightness mode similar to a Pioneer.

Try it for yourself, cycle between "custom" and "vivid" while watching the screen; the contrast goes to another level showing more luminance IMO. Make sure to turn down the CONTRAST, BRIGHTNESS and COLOR to reasonable settings.

After tweaking it, I've come up with some settings.

[Updated - jrf: 6/4/12]
--- The panel is much brighter after 450hrs, so I've turned down the settings! ---

--Picture menu
Picture mode: Vivid
Contrast: +81 <-- 5/18/12 update
Brightness: +55 <-- 6/4/12 update
Color: +31
Tint: 0
Sharpness: +50
Color temp: Warm1
Color Mgmt: Off
C.A.T.S.: Off
Video NR: Off

You will need to access the SM to make the following changes. I recommend that you RECORD the selected
value for your TV BEFORE changing it! The procedure for doing this is at the bottom of the post.

SM Offsets: for "Warm" ------------ Org Value ----- New Value
R-DRV: Vol - (minus) 4 times ---------- FF ------------ FB
G-DRV: Vol + (plus) 5 times ----------- E6 ------------ EB <-- 5/23/12 update
B-DRV: Vol - (minus) 5 times --------- 65 ------------ 60 <-- 5/5/12 update
R-CUT: no change ------------------- 80 ------------ 80
G-CUT: no change ------------------- 80 ------------ 80
B-CUT: Vol - (minus) 6 times --------- 80 ------------ 7A

-- Aspect adjustments submenu
Screen format: Full
HD size: Size 1
H size: Size 1
Zoom adjustments: [grayed out]

-- HDMI settings: [no change from default]
HDMI content: OFF

--Advanced picture submenu
3D Y/C filter: Off [grayed out]
Color matrix: HD
Block NR: Off
Mosquito NR: On
Motion smoother: Off
Black level: Light
3:2 Pulldown: On
24p Direct in: 60Hz [grayed out]

*** How to access the xxGT30 Service Mode ***

1) Turn on the TV. Warm it up ½ hour or so before making any adjustments.
2) While holding down the Vol - (minus) on the back, right side of the display, press the "Info" button on the remote 3 times. The SM will appear after a few seconds.
3) Press 1 on the remote once to get to the "Adjust" screen.
4) Press 9 on the remote to cycle to the desired mode. Choices are "Vivid", "Standard", "Cinema" and "Custom". Select the "Vivid" mode.
5) Press 1 on the remote once to get to the "WB-Adjust" screen.
6) Press 7 on the remote until the color temperature is selected; choices are "Normal", "Warm" and "Cool". Select "Warm".
7) Press 3 on the remote to cycle through R-DRV, G-DRV, B-DRV, R-CUT, G-CUT and B-CUT and enter the offset values desired. [Do not change the "ALL-DRV" and "ALL-CUT" values.]
8) Enter values for the desired parameters; the value for each are saved as you cycle through each DRV and CUT parameter.
9) To exit the SM, press the "Power" button on the remote to save values and turn off the TV.

This procedure lets you "see" the screen while you make DRV and CUT adjustments. Step (3) and Step (4) facilitate this and eliminate the need to make changes "blindly"; ie make a change, exit the SM and view the results. If no-good, then back to SM to make further changes.

As of now, the Panny looks COMPLETELY different and has luminance (contrast and brightness) that emulate my old Pio 50". The video is superb!

Give it a try and let me know . . .

Regards . . . Jim

GT30 "Custom" Settings: 

GT30 "THX" Settings:

GT30 "Vivid" Settings:

post #864 of 1311 Old 04-30-2012, 08:00 AM

JForge,

I am really interested in trying your adjustments for the Vivid mode.

Question I have though, is if I make the adjustments in the service menu for Warm:

G-DRV: Vol + (plus) 9 times ----------- E6 ------------ EF
B-DRV: Vol - (plus) 4 times ----------- 65 ------------ 61

will that affect Dave O's adjustments for Custom and THX since he uses "Warm" in them as well?

I am very happy with Dave O's Custom and THX picture but would like to also try a more vivid third setting.
post #865 of 1311 Old 04-30-2012, 09:40 AM

Ed2 . . .

There's a matrix of settings for each screen mode so writing new entries for the "Vivid" mode will not effect Dave_O's W/B changes for "THX" and "Custom" even though he uses "Warm".

In other words, all can live w/o interference to each other. Please remember to record your values.

I'm anxious to see what you think . .

Regards . . . Jim

GT30 "Custom" Settings: 

GT30 "THX" Settings:

GT30 "Vivid" Settings:

post #866 of 1311 Old 05-01-2012, 09:04 AM

Quote:

Ed2 . . .

There's a matrix of settings for each screen mode so writing new entries for the "Vivid" mode will not effect Dave_O's W/B changes for "THX" and "Custom" even though he uses "Warm".

In other words, all can live w/o interference to each other. Please remember to record your values.

I'm anxious to see what you think . .

JForge, I went into the service menu and changed the values. I thought I was changing them for the custom mode but it said vivid at the top of the service menu.

Unless I use vivid as my picture settings, I will not see these service menu changes correct? I use custom with Dave_O's settings.
post #867 of 1311 Old 05-01-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:

I went into the service menu and changed the values. I thought I was changing them for the custom mode but it said vivid at the top of the service menu.

Not sure why you would change the W/B settings for Dave_O's "Custom"?? His recommended W/B settings are done in the "Pro Settings" menu; ie, there's no need to go into the SM.

Quote:

Unless I use vivid as my picture settings, I will not see these service menu changes correct? I use custom with Dave_O's settings.

I take it that you are trying the "Vivid" settings I posted in post#863. If so, please PRINT the procedure on "How to access the GT30 Service Mode" and follow the steps to make the W/B changes. The W/B changes are made in the "Vivid" mode under "warm" color temp.

Also please make sure you write down the ORIGINAL settings (before you change them) so you can go back if you want to.

Does that answer your question??

Regards . . . Jim

GT30 "Custom" Settings: 

GT30 "THX" Settings:

GT30 "Vivid" Settings:

post #868 of 1311 Old 05-01-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:

I recall seeing some comments in this thread re the use of "Vivid" mode and if I remember correctly, most were uncomplimentary. However, there are some interesting aspects associated with that mode that maybe have been overlooked.

I am not fully satisfied with the "Custom" mode (w/ V2.1 patch and Dave_O's settings). Yes, it's the best of settings generated (IMO) so far but seems to produce lack-luster screen images. Coming from a Pioneer HDTV, the "mid" panel brightness is what Pio calls "low" so those of you that have (or had) a Pio, know what I'm saying. I hadn't LOOKED at the other modes so maybe there's a Pio mode in there someplace.

Well, there is and it's called "Vivid". Most are put-off by this when tried b/c the COLOR is jacked up as well as the CONTRAST and the default color temp is "Cool2". But there's something that happens when the Vivid mode is used; the PANEL goes into what appears to be "HIGH" brightness mode similar to a Pioneer.

Try it for yourself, cycle between "custom" and "vivid" while watching the screen; the contrast goes to another level showing more luminance IMO. Make sure to turn down the CONTRAST, BRIGHTNESS and COLOR to reasonable settings.

After tweaking it, I've come up with some settings.

--Picture menu
Picture mode: Vivid
Contrast: +91
Brightness: +60
Color: +31
Tint: 0
Sharpness: +50
Color temp: Warm1

You will need to access the SM to make the following changes. I recommend that you RECORD the selected
value for your TV BEFORE changing it! The procedure for doing this is at the bottom of the post.

G-DRV: Vol + (plus) 9 times ----------- E6 ------------ EF
B-DRV: Vol - (plus) 4 times ----------- 65 ------------ 61

-- Aspect adjustments submenu
Screen format: Full
HD size: Size 1
H size: Size 1
Zoom adjustments: [grayed out]

-- HDMI settings: [no change from default]

--Advanced picture submenu
3D Y/C filter: Off [grayed out]
Color matrix: HD
Block NR: Off
Mosquito NR: On
Motion smoother: Off
Black level: Light
3:2 Pulldown: On
24p Direct in: 60Hz [grayed out]

*** How to access the xxGT30 Service Mode ***

1) Turn on the TV. Warm it up ½ hour or so before making any adjustments.
2) While holding down the Vol - (minus) on the back, right side of the display, press the "Info" button on the remote 3 times. The SM will appear after a few seconds.
3) Press 1 on the remote once to get to the "Adjust" screen.
4) Press 9 on the remote to cycle to the desired mode. Choices are "Vivid", "Standard", "Cinema" and "Custom". Select the "Vivid" mode.
5) Press 1 on the remote once to get to the "WB-Adjust" screen.
6) Press 7 on the remote until the color temperature is selected; choices are "Normal", "Warm" and "Cool". Select "Warm".
7) Press 3 on the remote to cycle through R-DRV, G-DRV, B-DRV, R-CUT, G-CUT and B-CUT and enter the offset values desired. [Do not change the "ALL-DRV" and "ALL-CUT" values.]
8) Enter values for the desired parameters; the value for each are saved as you cycle through each DRV and CUT parameter.
9) To exit the SM, press the "Power" button on the remote to save values and turn off the TV.

This procedure lets you "see" the screen while you make DRV and CUT adjustments. Step (3) and Step (4) facilitate this and eliminate the need to make changes "blindly"; ie make a change, exit the SM and view the results. If no-good, then back to SM to make further changes.

As of now, the Panny looks COMPLETELY different and has luminance (contrast and brightness) that emulate my old Pio 50". The video is superb!

Give it a try and let me know . . .

IMO Vivid Mode offers the best picture on this set. I tried your setting and they look great as well but I have finally found the perfect setting in this mode again IMO.

Vivid mode
Contrast 96
Color 40
Brightness 50
Color temp: Cool1
Motion Smoother Strong
Panel Brightness light
Sharpness 72
No 2.1 Patch

Sit back and enjoy the sharpest, clearest, brightest color picture this thing will produce.

Cheers,
OB
post #869 of 1311 Old 05-01-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:

Not sure why you would change the W/B settings for Dave_O's "Custom"?? His recommended W/B settings are done in the "Pro Settings" menu; ie, there's no need to go into the SM.

I take it that you are trying the "Vivid" settings I posted in post#863. If so, please PRINT the procedure on "How to access the GT30 Service Mode" and follow the steps to make the W/B changes. The W/B changes are made in the "Vivid" mode under "warm" color temp.

Also please make sure you write down the ORIGINAL settings (before you change them) so you can go back if you want to.

Does that answer your question??

JForge, sorry I should have explained better. I did the service menu adjustments when I was using D-Nice's THX settings. After I posted earlier today I saw in the thread that you have to press 9 to switch from vivid, etc. So it looks like i adjusted the service menu settings for vivid which I do not use. Thanks and sorry for the wasted posts.
post #870 of 1311 Old 05-01-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:

JForge, sorry I should have explained better. I did the service menu adjustments when I was using D-Nice's THX settings. After I posted earlier today I saw in the thread that you have to press 9 to switch from vivid, etc. So it looks like i adjusted the service menu settings for vivid which I do not use. Thanks and sorry for the wasted posts.

Yes, for Dave_O's "THX" settings, you MUST change the W/B settings (under WARM) in the SM. For his "Custom", you can make the W/B changes in the "Pro Setting" menu.

If you saved the original values, you can go back and restore them to original settings.

Regards . . . Jim

GT30 "Custom" Settings: 

GT30 "THX" Settings:

GT30 "Vivid" Settings:

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P60gt30 60 Inch 1080p 600 Hz 3d Plasma Hdtv , Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - P60gt30 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page