Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 94 Old 03-19-2012, 12:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratpacker View Post

Yeah- for a buck-fiddy more, you'd had a bigger screen and 1080p.

Hehhh?

I thought you said you picked up the sammy for 400.00 / 43@720p...

But yeah, I did pay fi fiddy for fiddy@1080... And the HK 2600 upscales everything very nicely on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 94 Old 03-27-2012, 10:51 AM

I just picked up the Z50PV220 from a local Sears. Aside from my Macs, I can't remember being as pleased with a tech purchase so quickly.

In a week, I've noticed that blacks have darkened, I've learned that some modes, like the APS mode will adjust to ambient light and sometimes appear to flicker. Image retention is visible once or twice a week on certain backgrounds, but never lasts more than half-a-minute. Color appears better out-of-the-box than with my calibrated 34" Sony 34XBR970.

I've also learned that most stores' HD demos look like low-rez YouTube videos. This actually put me off buying a big TV sooner. With this set, at this price, I took a chance. PS3 gaming (component input even!) and 1080 content is just superb! SD content isn't half bad, either, and better than I expected. The remote is simple and has good feedback. I'm just giddy with the picture I get out of this thing!

Clearly, coming from the Sony CRT (arguably the last great CRT available), I have certain tolerances and preconceptions: glossy screen, geometry imperfections, super-good SD processing, power guzzling, massive weight, great color and white and black levels, component and HDMI inputs. The Z50PV220 bests ALL OF THEM.

Now, WTH am I going to do with my 34XBR970?
post #93 of 94 Old 03-27-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccelerate View Post

I just picked up the Z50PV220 from a local Sears. Aside from my Macs, I can't remember being as pleased with a tech purchase so quickly.

In a week, I've noticed that blacks have darkened, I've learned that some modes, like the APS mode will adjust to ambient light and sometimes appear to flicker. Image retention is visible once or twice a week on certain backgrounds, but never lasts more than half-a-minute. Color appears better out-of-the-box than with my calibrated 34" Sony 34XBR970.

I've also learned that most stores' HD demos look like low-rez YouTube videos. This actually put me off buying a big TV sooner. With this set, at this price, I took a chance. PS3 gaming (component input even!) and 1080 content is just superb! SD content isn't half bad, either, and better than I expected. The remote is simple and has good feedback. I'm just giddy with the picture I get out of this thing!

Clearly, coming from the Sony CRT (arguably the last great CRT available), I have certain tolerances and preconceptions: glossy screen, geometry imperfections, super-good SD processing, power guzzling, massive weight, great color and white and black levels, component and HDMI inputs. The Z50PV220 bests ALL OF THEM.

Now, WTH am I going to do with my 34XBR970?

If you haven't input Blacknoir's calibration settings on Expert 1, you should. You can find them on p. 3 of the 2011 LG 50PV400 forum reposted by looservatore. Those settings with a few tweaks produced a fantastic picture on my Zenith 50PV220. Here's the link: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1346417&page=3
post #94 of 94 Old 06-10-2013, 11:23 AM

Hi All,

Sorry for bringing up an old thread.

I'm looking to see if someone has a TV stand bracket that they're not using.

I'm in process of moving and it turned out that I can't mount my tv at my new apt.
Does anyone have the bracket that attaches the TV to the TV stand that they are not using?

I'll paypal you $20 for the part.

Zenith TV stand.jpg 13k .jpg file

Please pm

Thanks, John
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays