AVS Forum banner

Panasonic TC-P4232C vs. Samsung PN43D450

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ddl25 
#1 ·
I'm trying to learn about the Panasonic TC-P4232C , but I can't find any info or reviews on AVS, or anywhere. I'm conflicted between that and the Samsung PN43D450 , which has gotten a lot of praise here. They're the same price online, but I can get a great deal locally on the Panny, so I'm curious.

Does anyone know about this set? I'm afraid it might be a cheapo model with considerably worse PQ than the Samsung.

What do you think? Any info at all would help

See less See more
#2 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddl25 /forum/post/20570393

I'm trying to learn about the Panasonic TC-P4232C , but I can't find any info or reviews on AVS, or anywhere. I'm conflicted between that and the Samsung PN43D450 , which has gotten a lot of praise here. They're the same price online, but I can get a great deal locally on the Panny, so I'm curious.

Does anyone know about this set? I'm afraid it might be a cheapo model with considerably worse PQ than the Samsung. What do you think? Any info at all would help

This TV is apparently the Target version of the lowest-end TC-P42X3. They both have the exact same specs and dimensions, and Panasonic only makes one "720p" plasma TV. Costco also sells a version of this TV called the X34. Read up on the X3 and it should tell you everything you need to know about the 4232C.

The general consensus here though is that the Samsung D450 is a better value and better TV than the X3, and i would agree. Me no likey the X3

#3 ·
Helpful post, thanks for taking the time. I hoped it was something simple as a re-issue of an existing model. I guess I don't understand why Target needs their own model for the TV..

Now I just need to decide whether the D450 is worth $135 more

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.