Pioneer 9G KURO 4:4:4 chroma upsampling? (Test!) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-23-2011, 04:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I am sorry for selfishly starting a new topic though this issue has been probably discussed somewhere before... My search didn't yield any results and my asking about this in a nearby KURO 9G owners thread didn't get enough attention for me to be able to make up my mind. Prime reason for me doing this research is because I want to get rid of my Panasonic GT20 because I use it as a computer monitor and 4:4:4 chroma upsampling is bugged there thus I can't get pixel-perfect image in some situations (example). You?
I wouldn't want to discuss technical side of the issue here because I believe that neither users here are ignorant to this problem nor it is my goal to dwell in theory. I simply want to know whether KURO 9G panels are susceptible to the problem. So, please, happy 9G KURO owners, help.
First, load this picture and note two things: are there any shadows cast around the objects on the blue background? And are "Red" and "Magenta" words clear or blurry?
Second, load this one and this one simultaneously in separate tabs. Don't forget to magnify to 100%! See if both horizontal and vertical lines are equally saturated and sharp.
These must be viewed in native 1080p resolution!

Please, state your results and TV model. You are the only ones who can help.

Edit: Also, it must be noted that DVI-HDMI connection is a more reliable way of knowing for sure whether TV supports 4:4:4 CU or not.