White turn into red on PN58C8000 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 07-07-2011, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I had my PN58C8000 for few months now, two or three months ago I noticed whenever I have an all-white screen a small area goes red. This area has expanded to cover the top right corner of the TV (appears only when the screen is all white). Can anyone explain or guess what the problem is? I would have taken it to the dealer but I shipped it from abroad and I'm sure the service center in here would not accept the guarantee!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-08-2011, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone!!
post #3 of 7 Old 07-08-2011, 02:04 PM

sparkling?

This could be as simple as power supply or Y and/or X sustain out of alignment, to a panel failing.

Call Samsung and see if the warranty is avail.

Good luck,
Jim
post #4 of 7 Old 06-16-2012, 04:49 PM

I actually just started to have this happen to my tv...

what did you end up doing?
post #5 of 7 Old 06-18-2012, 07:52 AM

Liked: 12
This seems to be a very common problem on all 2010 C series Samsung plasmas. Check the owner threads for the C8000 and C6500, C7000. The end of the threads are almost exclusively about this problem.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1251005/the-official-samsung-pnxxc8000-owners-discussion-thread
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1240821/the-official-samsung-pnxxc6500-pnxxc7000-and-pnxxc8000-owners-discussion-thread

The only fix is a new panel which Samsung has replaced out of warranty for many owners. My 8 month out of warranty 58C6500 has the problem and Samsung attempted to repair it twice without replacing the panel with no luck. I am now waiting for a pro-rated refund, of course Samsung is taking their sweet time with the refund process. I was offered an exchange or refund when the local repair center missed three appointments without even calling.

I give Samsung credit for taking care of TVs out of warranty but it seems most of their 2010 Plasmas are lemons. I'm done with Samsung, especially their plasmas. I would definitely call 1-800-SAMSUNG and report the problem, even if you are out of warranty.
post #6 of 7 Old 06-18-2012, 04:30 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 26
Samsung sells more TVs then anyone.

They will have more people with broken sets on the internet then anyone because of it.

My C7000 is stil chugging along fine.

Good luck getting anyone else to do out of warranty fixes like Samsung does. Anyone with a Pansonic with Green blobs would love to have that kind of customer service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Void View Post

This seems to be a very common problem on all 2010 C series Samsung plasmas. Check the owner threads for the C8000 and C6500, C7000. The end of the threads are almost exclusively about this problem.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1251005/the-official-samsung-pnxxc8000-owners-discussion-thread
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1240821/the-official-samsung-pnxxc6500-pnxxc7000-and-pnxxc8000-owners-discussion-thread
The only fix is a new panel which Samsung has replaced out of warranty for many owners. My 8 month out of warranty 58C6500 has the problem and Samsung attempted to repair it twice without replacing the panel with no luck. I am now waiting for a pro-rated refund, of course Samsung is taking their sweet time with the refund process. I was offered an exchange or refund when the local repair center missed three appointments without even calling.
I give Samsung credit for taking care of TVs out of warranty but it seems most of their 2010 Plasmas are lemons. I'm done with Samsung, especially their plasmas. I would definitely call 1-800-SAMSUNG and report the problem, even if you are out of warranty.

buytme
post #7 of 7 Old 06-19-2012, 12:07 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_B View Post

Samsung sells more TVs then anyone.
They will have more people with broken sets on the internet then anyone because of it.
My C7000 is stil chugging along fine.
Good luck getting anyone else to do out of warranty fixes like Samsung does. Anyone with a Pansonic with Green blobs would love to have that kind of customer service.
I agree. I'm glad your C7000 is still working fine, wish I could say the same about my C6500. I have no idea how widespread the problem is but it is out there, just like the Panasonic green blobs. I have to give Samsung lots of credit for fixing, exchanging and refunding broken TVs out of warranty, I know most others would not do the same. Samsung's customer service has been great so far, but the local Samsung authorized repair center has to be the worst business I have ever dealt with for anything.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn58c8000 58 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv Black , Plasma Hdtv , Displays , Samsung Pn58c6500 58 Inch 1080p Plasma Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page