Problem with ARC with GT30 and Yamaha Receiver - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 07-25-2011, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Yamaha v867 receiver connected to a Panasonic GT30 tv via HDMI connected to the appropriate HDMI ports that can handle Audio Return Channel (ARC) functionality. I have HDMI contol set to "on" in the tv and ARC set to "on" in the v867.

When I start using the tv's vieracast apps, the receiver switches to AV4 (which is the input that I have assigned for the tv audio in the v867's ARC setup menu), but no sound comes out of the receiver. Each time I have to pull up the ARC setup menu in the v867 and switch ARC to "off" and then back to "on" in order to hear sound.

Any advice on how to correct this issue, particularly given that the v867 is clearly noticing audio return as evidenced by the switching to the AV4 input? It is just not automatically outputting the audio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-06-2011, 07:56 PM

Hi Buddha,

I am currently experiencing an identical problem with a Yamaha RX-3000 and a Panasonic GT30 and it is quite annoying!

Did you find a solution? Does anyone else know a way to get around this?
post #3 of 9 Old 01-26-2012, 11:14 AM

HI

I got panasonic 42gt30 and yamaha rx-v671 no joy with ARC.

HDMI control its fine, tv on/off and amp switching to right input but no sound.

Brand new hdmi qed v1.4 still no sound.

TV and amp software updated to latest and still the same.
post #4 of 9 Old 01-26-2012, 01:17 PM

I have the same model and have it working, I had to enable something via the onscreen receiver settings. Let me get home and I would be glad to look at it.
post #5 of 9 Old 01-28-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankbait View Post

I have the same model and have it working, I had to enable something via the onscreen receiver settings. Let me get home and I would be glad to look at it.

I would love to know what you did. I have a new 55GT30 and RX 671 that I can't figure out.
post #6 of 9 Old 01-29-2012, 06:58 AM

Liked: 14
I've got the RXV671 and just got the 55GT30 last week. I've been stuggling for 4 days trying to resolve the "audio pass thru" issue which the 671 does have. This GT30 replaces a 2009 Sony Z Series which had zero audio issues especially with audio from the AT&T Uverse box and the Xbox.

With both I could get sound from the TV speakers without the 671 being on. Now I can't unless I power up in order AT&T>RXV671>TV. But I have to keep the the 671 on. If I turn it off no matter how I power up anything no sound period from the TV.

I've doubled and tripled check the connecitons and settings in the main menus in setup with "HDMI Control and ARC...ON". I'm using the "HDMI 1 ARC" port on the TV. I made no changes what-so-ever when I changed the TV's around. I've done several power downs. dissconnects and re-connects of cables and made sure I have the latest firmware. I'm almost sure it's in the TV since everything was fine with the Sony talking to the Yamaha 671. It's got to be in ARC somehow with the Panasonic.
post #7 of 9 Old 02-13-2012, 02:31 PM

Im working in panasonic dealer shop so i tried another model of 42gt30 and its the same. Funny is that all working at first time when i switch tv on but after power off its faulty again. I took also small panasonic 26" model and its working fine with ARC. Last thing is to try another 671 from shop. I let you know after few days of test.
post #8 of 9 Old 02-13-2012, 04:20 PM

Liked: 11
I had the same issue with my Panny 65vt30 before I went to a Samsung PN64D8000.If I remember correctly,you have to go in the Viera tools and manually use theatre for speaker sound via rx-v671.At times I would have to turn the receiver off too in order for it to work.With my Samsung,I have no issues!ARC works,pass through works,everything works!
post #9 of 9 Old 02-15-2012, 02:37 PM

Spoke with yamaha tech UK and they saying its not the problem with amp.
So far Gt30 and some Vt30 got problems with ARC.

I found that problem with arc its only when you got amp allready on and switch to built in tuner. If you switch amp first for exaple net radio input then switch tv on, amp will auto swich to tv input and you will get sound from built in tuner with no problems. Its only when you watch sat box or ps3 and switch to tv while amp its allready on there will be no sound on arc.

thanks.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page