Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 969 Old 01-17-2012, 07:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

I don't have to prove a damn thing to you.

It is simply factual that the strip is highly reflective and room lights will generate hot spots off of it. If you actually read the post where I use the word problem, the post speaks for itself and doesn't require you to have a problem. I suggest you take a look at that post more closely.

BTW, Mfrey, the silver part one would cover isn't glass, but it's shiny and slick, so I don't know how well tape would adhere either. There is probably a good tape out there which would work and also be removable, but you're right that over time it might not come off very well.

I contemplated paint as well, but it would be more reassuring if you could remove the bezel first, which seems impractical.

Simply factual? Proof?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 969 Old 01-17-2012, 07:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIG1001 View Post

I myself will be getting a 65VT50 just so i can calibrate it with my eye1 and spectracal software. Should look spectacular .
Depending on the prices i might just jump into a GT50 if D-nice post some service menu offsets and calibration settings. Is the spectralcal compatible with samsung models also? It will be interesting to see how the ST, GT50 series compare to the 2012 samsung models. I am pretty sure the VT50 will get TV of the year again

CalMan DDC/Autocal only works with the VT series and Sharp Elites as of right now. (plus some projectors/video processors/ect)

Tyler Pruitt - Pro Calibrator - BionicAV
Technical Support - SpectraCal

THX Certified - Video Calibration

post #723 of 969 Old 01-17-2012, 08:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 449
Well the 2011 model are drying up fast !! New models better come out quick or there is going to be huge dry spells........ 55VT30 are just about gone forever ! More are there.
post #724 of 969 Old 01-17-2012, 08:51 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Well the 2011 model are drying up fast !! New models better come out quick or there is going to be huge dry spells........ 55VT30 are just about gone forever ! More are there.

When do you think new ones are coming out ? I may be ordering from your place .
post #725 of 969 Old 01-17-2012, 09:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:

I think the reason why independents are seeing inventory dry up sooner is that Magnolia placed a huge PO right at the end of December that was fulfilled the first week of January. They seem to have over 100 in each DDC.
post #726 of 969 Old 01-17-2012, 10:08 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 23
Quote:

55" is too small.. Good for a bedroom , though
post #727 of 969 Old 01-17-2012, 10:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by csig1001 View Post

+1
post #728 of 969 Old 01-18-2012, 12:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowellG View Post

"Harmed", somehow videophiles have been "harmed" by the design of a TV. Why move on when this is more enlightening. I didn't realize how much damage could happen to me from a TV design.

Your reading skills need work. My phrase was "harmed the experience". No humans (or animals) were actually harmed -- nor did I state they were.
Quote:

Again I will ask, what's your company and all the "videophiles" in here. It looks like you all have a corner on the market for a successful company. There are so many experts and so much wasted talent. How has Sony, Panasonic, Samsung, Mitsubishi, LG, Sharp....... all survived without consulting all the "videophiles" in this thread.

The market doesn't cater to videophiles, as we are constantly reminded. What's odd is that a model like the VT50 is targeted at videophiles and you have the product designer yammering about how the metal strip is necessary to attract attention and yet virtually unnoticeable. This is a voice of the company speaking (not officially, but still).
Quote:

Do any of you actually enjoy what you have, or do you just set there all ADD and OCD over your products flaws?

Again, I have no clue why you are on this forum. This forum is all about obsessing over what we have and what we're going to buy.
Quote:

I too come here to learn, but talk about blowing things out of proportion. It's a shiny bezel, not the end of the earth.

I must have missed the posts that conflate the bezel with Armageddon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOctober205 View Post

Simply factual? Proof?

I don't have to prove basic facts of physics any more than I have to prove gravity. I suggest you place me on your ignore list; I've already stated that it's reflective. It is, in fact, reflective.

In the next thread, we can debate the existence of gravity.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working.
post #729 of 969 Old 01-18-2012, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:

The market doesn't cater to videophiles, as we are constantly reminded. What's odd is that a model like the VT50 is targeted at videophiles and you have the product designer yammering about how the metal strip is necessary to attract attention and yet virtually unnoticeable. This is a voice of the company speaking (not officially, but still).

Ouch.

I really do not want to beat this issue any more.
You can tell me it is good for sales. Well, that's your job so I will not argue that.

Boy, that CNet video is pretty telling. I find it hard to believe the thing shining at me does not shine.

There is clearly pushback. Perhaps hope for the future lies in Sharp 4K LCDs. I worry about the accuracy and angle viewing issues.

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Oppo PM-1 | Parasound A51 | Revel Salon, Voice, Studio | Velodyne HGS-15
post #730 of 969 Old 01-18-2012, 07:24 AM

Liked: 11
Here's a nice video and they have fixed the launch date for the VT50 line up !

God Is With You !
post #731 of 969 Old 01-18-2012, 09:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I don't have to prove basic facts of physics any more than I have to prove gravity. I suggest you place me on your ignore list; I've already stated that it's reflective. It is, in fact, reflective.

In the next thread, we can debate the existence of gravity.

Very smart comment. I totally agree. A reflective metal strip is not required to attract attention in a product where the attention is already attracted due to the high end qualities of the set. And if it is unnoticeable it is not required.
post #732 of 969 Old 01-18-2012, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertw11 View Post

This thread is almost as entertaining as the oled thread lol.

Give me the link i need to see this.
post #733 of 969 Old 01-18-2012, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris achar View Post

Here's a nice video and they have fixed the launch date for the VT50 line up !

The 65VT50 will be out when they announce the 2013 models lol
post #734 of 969 Old 01-18-2012, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by eonibm View Post

Very smart comment. I totally agree. A reflective metal strip is not required to attract attention in a product where the attention is already attracted due to the high end qualities of the set. And if it is unnoticeable it is not required.

the world is built for your average person.

it's to bad that most people are stupid.
post #735 of 969 Old 01-18-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eonibm View Post

Exactly... from looking at the website pictures it looks like the designers were trying to make into the pages of "Modern Luxury" more than anything else.
post #736 of 969 Old 01-18-2012, 02:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post

Ouch.

I really do not want to beat this issue any more.
You can tell me it is good for sales. Well, that's your job so I will not argue that.

Hey, I'm just the messenger.
Quote:

Boy, that CNet video is pretty telling. I find it hard to believe the thing shining at me does not shine.

Yeah, clearly we are wrong. It's obvious some camera glitch causing it to shine precisely where the strip is located!
Quote:

There is clearly pushback. Perhaps hope for the future lies in Sharp 4K LCDs. I worry about the accuracy and angle viewing issues.

Sharp will get it right eventually, but I doubt they'll ever have great viewing angles because I don't see them going to IPS anytime soon. The 4K stuff should buff picture quality nicely, assuming that real-world material benefits half as much as their demo material did.

With regard to release dates, the guy in the video knows next to nothing (I talked to him and a lot of the blue shirts there). The 2011 VT series has already ceased production. The 2012 VT series will be entering production soon (following the ST and GT, which will enter production even sooner). If any model in the line slips past May, it's a disaster for Panasonic since the channel will be empty of product, and it's quite possible that even the 65VT50 will in fact ship by April as the interviewer suggested.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working.
post #737 of 969 Old 01-18-2012, 06:48 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 24
the vids did not endear the questionable bezel to me.
It really stands out.
post #738 of 969 Old 01-18-2012, 09:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

If any model in the line slips past May, it's a disaster for Panasonic since the channel will be empty of product, and it's quite possible that even the 65VT50 will in fact ship by April as the interviewer suggested.

Better be out sooner than that, the 55VT30 are just about gone The rest of the Panasonic line is fading fast too.
post #739 of 969 Old 01-18-2012, 10:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Better be out sooner than that, the 55VT30 are just about gone The rest of the Panasonic line is fading fast too.

You are echoing my point. They can't afford to delay product intros and lose 2-3 months of sales. They are already hurting enough financially. That said, there is reason to believe the 65VT50 will be the last model to ship across the whole line,.

post #740 of 969 Old 01-18-2012, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIG1001 View Post

A 55 VT is much better than a 60 ST though...much better
post #741 of 969 Old 01-19-2012, 04:11 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 26
Hmm, so how many people have a million foot convetion center with thousands of lights ant light producing displays in your tv room raise your hand. Anyone?

Yeah, saying anything silver placed in a vegas convention center will look as reflective in your home is a bit like comparing a 747 to an 6 inch RC plane.

And what makes sharp any different from saying things will be "fixed" then not really being "fixed", the same way panasonic and samsung have(n't) done in the past? I would guess nothing.

Quote:

Hey, I'm just the messenger.

Yeah, clearly we are wrong. It's obvious some camera glitch causing it to shine precisely where the strip is located!

Sharp will get it right eventually, but I doubt they'll ever have great viewing angles because I don't see them going to IPS anytime soon. The 4K stuff should buff picture quality nicely, assuming that real-world material benefits half as much as their demo material did.

With regard to release dates, the guy in the video knows next to nothing (I talked to him and a lot of the blue shirts there). The 2011 VT series has already ceased production. The 2012 VT series will be entering production soon (following the ST and GT, which will enter production even sooner). If any model in the line slips past May, it's a disaster for Panasonic since the channel will be empty of product, and it's quite possible that even the 65VT50 will in fact ship by April as the interviewer suggested.

buytme
post #742 of 969 Old 01-19-2012, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_B View Post

Hmm, so how many people have a million foot convetion center with thousands of lights ant light producing displays in your tv room raise your hand. Anyone?

Yeah, saying anything silver placed in a vegas convention center will look as reflective in your home is a bit like comparing a 747 to an 6 inch RC plane.

And what makes sharp any different from saying things will be "fixed" then not really being "fixed", the same way panasonic and samsung have(n't) done in the past? I would guess nothing.

David this guy is just wayyyyy to obsessed with the silver accent. Bad enough he has dominated the last 15 pages of this thread with his constant harping on it and stating his OPINION as FACT that he has now started to do it at HDJ in the insiders thread.

I guess some people just think that they know better than professional design engineers who have done focus group studies. Its not like Panasonic took some guy in off the street, sat him at a desk with a computer, and said "I want you to design our 2012 line of TV's"
post #743 of 969 Old 01-19-2012, 06:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Realistically i don't see the bezel being as reflective in someones home, given the fact that CES has insane lighting, I am having doubts anyones home has lighting similar to what is at the expo lol. Anyways is this the "VT release thread", or the "VT reflective bezel thread"?

Any updates on when we can expect to see some of panny's lineup hitting showroom floors?

Pioneer Elite 111FD
Pioneer 4280HD
Pioneer VSX-1021K
PS3 Slim

My setup
post #744 of 969 Old 01-19-2012, 06:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlong View Post

A 55 VT is much better than a 60 ST though...much better

I wouldn't say "much" better after having both of them.

post #745 of 969 Old 01-19-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:

Any updates on when we can expect to see some of panny's lineup hitting showroom floors?

VE had a link at hometheatershack with their first allocation dates (didn't see it on his website though might have missed it) and CP has a preorder list with prices but no dates on his website.
post #746 of 969 Old 01-19-2012, 09:39 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPtimes2 View Post

VE had a link at hometheatershack with their first allocation dates (didn't see it on his website though might have missed it) and CP has a preorder list with prices but no dates on his website.

I'll have a look, I probably missed it sifting through all that reflective bezel rhetoric.

Pioneer Elite 111FD
Pioneer 4280HD
Pioneer VSX-1021K
PS3 Slim

My setup
post #747 of 969 Old 01-19-2012, 09:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWldLif View Post

the vids did not endear the questionable bezel to me.
It really stands out.

Even after seeing that video and how bad the reflections actually were I still don't believe it. The camera had to play a part in that. I mean the reflections couldn't look that bad in person, could they? What concerns me most about the reflections is that they appear to be the worst in a dimly lit room with very few lights on.

The 101 is soooo very nice!!!
post #748 of 969 Old 01-19-2012, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin35 View Post

Even after seeing that video and how bad the reflections actually were I still don't believe it. The camera had to play a part in that. I mean the reflections couldn't look that bad in person, could they? What concerns me most about the reflections is that they appear to be the worst in a dimly lit room with very few lights on.

Well, several people who actually saw them have said, in fact, yes, they do.

But clearly they have an axe to grind, and hate Panasonic TVs. I base this statement on the attacker's stances.
post #749 of 969 Old 01-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin35 View Post

They are not. But invest in some electrical tape if it really is an issue, or buy the pro panel.
post #750 of 969 Old 01-19-2012, 11:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page