Liked: 10
Hi

Here is what I have:
-Pioneer PRO-1540HD TV
-Dish network DVR
-Panasonic BR DVD player
-Bose Cinemate GS II

Here is my setup:
- Both DVD and DVR is connected directy via HDMI to the TV (Input 5 and Input 6)
- The Cinemate Bose is connected to TV via Optical audio out

The Problem:
I do not hear the audio on my Bose system with the setup I just explained above. However when I use composite AV or Component AV instead of HDMI I can get the sound in my Bose system.

I tried setting up the configuration for the HDMI input on my TV but I see that the option for "Digital Audio Out" is greyed out.

Can anyone please help guiding me on how can I get the audio on my Bose cinemate system with the setup I explained above or any other option that works.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-05-2011, 10:33 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know about your TV but many sets do not provide audio output from their HDMI inputs. The only solution, if this is the case for your set, is to connect the Bose directly to the DVR and DVD.

If it isn't 720p or 1080i/p it isn't HD. If it is 720p or 1080i/p it may not be HD content.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-06-2011, 04:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by txrose View Post

I don't know about your TV but many sets do not provide audio output from their HDMI inputs. The only solution, if this is the case for your set, is to connect the Bose directly to the DVR and DVD.

Thanks txrose. The Bose cinemate has only one optical audio input. The problem with connecting the DVR and DVD directly to it is that I have to keep switching the cable manually everytime I need to switch between DVR and DVD. Also if I add any other device in future (i may add Wii) to my TV I will have keep switching between them. Ideally I want a setup where the audio should change automatically when I change the video source on the TV.
Is AV receiver an option?
Thanks
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page