How Important is Plasma Break-in? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-09-2011, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hey guys- I have maybe 15-20 hours so far on my panasonic tc-p60s30. I was just curious as to how important running a break in disc really is? So far I have just made sure to only view full screen blu-rays without any static images on the screen. Im keeping the standard settings at this point to keep the brightness at 50 or below. Once I get a solid 100-200 hours in on the TV I will plug in some of the recommended settings found in the plasma forums. I have no intention of going into the service menu and doing an all out calibration. So what do you guys think? Am I going to be at heavy risk of burn in without running the break in or will I be just fine? What benefit am I losing without breaking in?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-09-2011, 10:26 PM

Watching tv and or bluray is not the proper way to break in your plasma set.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-09-2011, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morzy41 View Post

hey guys- I have maybe 15-20 hours so far on my panasonic tc-p60s30. I was just curious as to how important running a break in disc really is? So far I have just made sure to only view full screen blu-rays without any static images on the screen. Im keeping the standard settings at this point to keep the brightness at 50 or below. Once I get a solid 100-200 hours in on the TV I will plug in some of the recommended settings found in the plasma forums. I have no intention of going into the service menu and doing an all out calibration. So what do you guys think? Am I going to be at heavy risk of burn in without running the break in or will I be just fine? What benefit am I losing without breaking in?

Use this link below ONLY for reference so you can get an idea of what a proper break in entails and then what should be done to bring your set as close to a professional reference level as possible (after a break in is completed) In the end if you want a set to look it's best you will have to take the plunge and calibrate the grey scale In the sets service menu. If not then just be happy with what you have now and look no further.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1128487
post #4 of 4 Old 09-10-2011, 06:25 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 73
There's a whole sticky thread at top about break in and IR. Please use it. Thanks.

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
Closed Thread Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page