Samsung PN63C8000 Issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 09-16-2011, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any current owners or anyone who's viewed/read about Samsung having a Purple banding issue with the series Samsung listed above. Mine has started to exhibit this Purple band when the picture transitions to a white or very very light grey colour, almost like old TV black/white noise we see when a channel is not tuned in. I changed out the cables, tried all different sources I have and have narrowed it down to the "dynamic contrast" feature set to low or medium......which I never use I just has it on low for some strange reason, can't figure out why I had done that as I always have it set to off. I'm curious if this is a hardware issue that needs addressing before it bleeds into all other settings on the TV and has a dump inside itself. I am going to call Samsung Monday for a service call as My Warranty is up in a few weeks....figures the timing eh.

Spend Spend Spend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2011, 06:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sounds like a hardware problem. Take a picture/video of the problem so that you have it for the tech that comes out, and if possible post it online so we can see it.

It'll help you out a ton, especially if it does not act up when the tech comes out you don't have to worry too much about trying to start a new work order once the warranty is out.

Smile. :)
Old 09-17-2011, 06:50 AM - Thread Starter

Ignore the moron in the pic
LL

Spend Spend Spend
Old 09-17-2011, 02:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
VS adjustment on the power supply might fix that... or you might need a new panel. The tech that comes out will probably try adjusting it first, or he might just go ahead and order the panel.

Smile. :)
Old 09-26-2011, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Technician came out, replaced part that Samaung provided, ended up actually making the issue twice as bad. He was here almost 2.5 hours messing around testing with the back panel off. Good fella. Now we wait for Samsung to make a decision on either more parts or just entire replacement. Doesn't comfort me knowing the new part actually made it worse, I'd rather them just replace the entire unit and be done with it.

Spend Spend Spend
Old 10-05-2012, 01:55 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I am having this same issue, but my warranty is up. Any idea is Samaung will fix free of charge since it is a known issue?
Old 10-06-2012, 07:20 AM
EG3

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by FadedMaster View Post

VS adjustment on the power supply might fix that... or you might need a new panel. The tech that comes out will probably try adjusting it first, or he might just go ahead and order the panel.
+1 Exactly

Tags
Samsung Pn63c8000 63 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread