Official Pioneer Kuro Reddish Tint Problem Thread - Page 98 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

View Poll Results: Does your Kuro have a reddish tint to the blacks?
KRP-500M/KRP-600M - NO 17 14.17%
5020FD/6020FD - NO 5 4.17%
111FD/151FD - NO 18 15.00%
101FD/141FD - NO 11 9.17%
Other/Older Model (please post) - NO 8 6.67%
KRP-500M/KRP-600M - YES 27 22.50%
5020FD/6020FD - YES 14 11.67%
111FD/151FD - YES 11 9.17%
101FD/141FD - YES 7 5.83%
Other/Older Model (please post) - YES 5 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
 16Likes

post #2911 of 2917 Old 01-13-2016, 07:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblakeney View Post
Happy to say that the red tint is 100% gone!

Bringing vol rstp down to 0 helped remove the vleed that went towards the center of the screen but not the top and bottom edges. It was the worst there after all.

Bringing SAD down to 108 took it down a whole bunch more. Butnin order to completely eliminate it I have to take SAD down to the lower 90s.

I haven't had enough time to test the impact of this yet. I did read that the 50 inchers are more resilient to lower settings than the larger brothers.

Only other thing I noticed is that when I turn off the TV, I can see some light IR if there was a bright static image. I have to be stupidly close to the screen to see it. Could have been there all along and I just didn't notice.

Eddie or anyone else still reading this thread, what's your opinion of goimg below recommended SAD to get rid of the tint? Has anyone seen any catastrophic issues? Would rather lower just these instead of a full reset if it can be avoided.

I don't have oled blacks right now, bit I've got untinted blacks which is all I was after anyways!
If you set RSTP to 0, then it will revert back to default upon the next power up. The lowest possible setting is 1.

You probably had to go to 98 on SAD because RSTP reverted back to default. Try RSTP at 1 and SAD at 108.

Going below defaults won't make the TV explode, but you may see some image retention when going to black and some black lag.

You should not pursue OLED blacks. None of the models in the Kuro spectrum were designed to achieve OLED blacks. You can certainly get crazy low blacks on the 101 and 500M, but at the expense of terrible IR, black lag and dirty low APL.

Reset should be the last resort. If lowering voltages hid the red tint, then stick with that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2912 of 2917 Old 01-13-2016, 08:01 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveddie81 View Post
If you set RSTP to 0, then it will revert back to default upon the next power up. The lowest possible setting is 1.

You probably had to go to 98 on SAD because RSTP reverted back to default. Try RSTP at 1 and SAD at 108.

Going below defaults won't make the TV explode, but you may see some image retention when going to black and some black lag.

You should not pursue OLED blacks. None of the models in the Kuro spectrum were designed to achieve OLED blacks. You can certainly get crazy low blacks on the 101 and 500M, but at the expense of terrible IR, black lag and dirty low APL.

Reset should be the last resort. If lowering voltages hid the red tint, then stick with that.
Vol rstp at 0 was a typo. It was at 1. Still needed to take SAD to 95 to get rid of the red completely. Significantly reduced at 108 to the point that it's not invading the picture anymore, but I was just fiddling to see what it took to eliminate completely.

The only IR I noticed was when I shut off the TV. But I set everything back to defaults and shut if off and noticed the same thing, just not quite as bad. It fades away by itself though after a bit.
post #2913 of 2917 Old 01-13-2016, 09:07 PM

Tired white patterns and could see the aforementioned cyan and magenta misfires. Raising SAD back up gets rid of those at the expense of black level rising and soem low red tint.

Seems that I have limited range to lower SAD on this set until those misfires start up. They are only visible from way up close. Cant see a thing from normal viewing distance.

Have you found a happy medium where no artifacts are present and tint is gone? Or do you deal small misfires? I'd like to know your opinion. In the meantime I set SAD back to 128 and am just running with the lowered rstp.
post #2914 of 2917 Old 01-13-2016, 11:55 PM

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 52
0 iis not a valid value, what you did will help nothing, first time you turn off completely the tv it will go back to default.
1 is the lowest allowed value.
post #2915 of 2917 Old 01-14-2016, 12:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Tired white patterns and could see the aforementioned cyan and magenta misfires. Raising SAD back up gets rid of those at the expense of black level rising and soem low red tint.

Seems that I have limited range to lower SAD on this set until those misfires start up. They are only visible from way up close. Cant see a thing from normal viewing distance.

Have you found a happy medium where no artifacts are present and tint is gone? Or do you deal small misfires? I'd like to know your opinion. In the meantime I set SAD back to 128 and am just running with the lowered rstp.
Its all about finding a happy medium really. I would leave rstp at 1 and set sad to the middle of the range (118).
post #2916 of 2917 Old 01-19-2016, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveddie81 View Post
Its all about finding a happy medium really. I would leave rstp at 1 and set sad to the middle of the range (118).
My set seems to run happily with RSTP at 1 and SAD at or near 118 without and misfires or lazy pixels

Question...do the misfire/lazy pixels cause any real problems? Cause I can get rid of the tint 100% by bringing SAD close to 105 and can't see the sparkles from regular viewing distance. If damage can occur, this is a no-go, but wanted to know what you guys think!
post #2917 of 2917 Old 01-19-2016, 06:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
My set seems to run happily with RSTP at 1 and SAD at or near 118 without and misfires or lazy pixels

Question...do the misfire/lazy pixels cause any real problems? Cause I can get rid of the tint 100% by bringing SAD close to 105 and can't see the sparkles from regular viewing distance. If damage can occur, this is a no-go, but wanted to know what you guys think!
In my experience it doesn't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Pioneer , Pioneer Pdp 6020fd 60 Inch Class Kuro Plasma Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv , Pioneer Pdp 5020fd 50 Inch 1080p Kuro Plasma Hdtv , Playstation 3 160gb System
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page