Forum Jump: 

post #151 of 160 Old 10-04-2011, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlplover View Post

If you're afraid you don't have the proper picture settings, hire a calibrator rather than asking 50 questions that make it sound like you're trolling. If you have specific questions about different settings, I'm sure some people can help although you might have luck posting on a more local board where people own the same model Pioneer you do. Most people here only have US/North American models.

What about your set makes you think you have the wrong settings? What mode are you watching in? What're the settings? Have you checked to make sure you are RGB matched with your source device, tv, and source material? If you need help with your settings you need to be more descriptive of what exactly you're not sure on, what your settings are, what you have and haven't checked etc.. etc.. or if you don't feel confident about your ability to do all the necessary tweaking, like I said hire a calibrator to do it for you. Just make sure they're someone with a solid reputation for good work. Costs a little money but will save you peace of mind and the 50 question game.

you dont believe me if i say i dont find the proper settings and i dont know how to calibrate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 160 Old 10-04-2011, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by specuvestor View Post

UMR is a well respected calibrator here. Do heed what he say.

Like I said previously, go read my first post and do your own research. If you cannot appreciate REC709 then you can't appreciate Kuro. They are like fine wine... u only appreciate them if you understand the details and know where to look.

Picture/ game/ PC usually are passed through without processing (at the right mode) ie without merit attributable to the display, except for possible scaling (which you should see the diff) and wider sRGB gamut IIRC. Plasma doesn't look as good as LCD on static because they are not as "sharp" as they are intended for motion, and the inherent dithering which is more obvious on static.

great post
post #153 of 160 Old 10-04-2011, 09:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by all clear View Post

you dont believe me if i say i dont find the proper settings and i dont know how to calibrate

Like I said, if you're not comfortable doing it yourself and you're unsure whether you're getting the most out of your display, hire a calibrator in your country with a good reputation. They use tools to either help or double check to make sure they're doing their job right.

If you want to calibrate yourself, you need to buy a decent light-meter to begin with and since this is a kuro it has to be able to go down low enough to read blacks/grayscales properly.

You could also look intro controlcal. I believe when you purchase that patch, you get some preset calibration settings that are supposed to be good for your set.

Although if you have trouble finding the settings, hiring a calibrator is probably your best bet.
post #154 of 160 Old 10-04-2011, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Like I said, if you're not comfortable doing it yourself and you're unsure whether you're getting the most out of your display, hire a calibrator in your country with a good reputation. They use tools to either help or double check to make sure they're doing their job right.

If you want to calibrate yourself, you need to buy a decent light-meter to begin with and since this is a kuro it has to be able to go down low enough to read blacks/grayscales properly.

You could also look intro controlcal. I believe when you purchase that patch, you get some preset calibration settings that are supposed to be good for your set.

thanks i appreciate your help
im thinking to buy another new kuro
kuro still avaiable in my country because people dont know how great it is
lx5090 for only 2000$
it really worths buying
p.s you may got me wrong because my language
im not american
post #155 of 160 Old 10-04-2011, 09:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

lx5090 for only 2000$
it really worths buying
im not american

You'd better get it before AcidSnow finds out what country you live in. He'll go over there with a boat and buy all the ones that're remaining .

Also, if you're more comfortable writing in your native language, we can always use google translate to figure out what you said. It's gotten quite good and that can be preferable sometimes if you're having trouble communicating in the language you're trying to write in.
post #156 of 160 Old 10-04-2011, 09:46 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:

lx5090 for only 2000$
it really worths buying
im not american

I apolgize for calling you a troll. I endorse what dlplover suggested to you which is to find a reputable calibrator. Find one with a good reputation and let them treat do their thing. After they're finished, you will not wonder whether the picture is off or if your setting is somehow wrong. It will rest your mind and you will spend more time enjoying the panel.
post #157 of 160 Old 10-04-2011, 09:54 PM - Thread Starter

thank you guys...its all good and i`m happy with the kuro but all things happened here because i want to make sure if everythings went normal in my panel...cheers from kuwait
post #158 of 160 Old 10-05-2011, 12:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

thank you guys...its all good and i`m happy with the kuro but all things happened here because i want to make sure if everythings went normal in my panel...cheers from kuwait

Not a problem. If you're looking for a calibrator, I would ask around in the calibration section http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=139

if anyone knows of a qualified ISF technician in your country. Or if there's some alternative org. that serves a similar function there.

If not, controlcal might be your best option:
http://www.controlcal.com/
http://www.controlcal.com/donate.html
http://www.controlcal.com/forum/tags.php?tag=isfccc

Controlcal won't give you as exact a result as a good calibrator would, but if you can't find a proper calibrator it's probably your best bet. Basically, you pay for the patch which unlocks ISF modes and they also give you a few profiles which should look very good on your set. It's all done online, although depending on your model you may need a serial cable and/or usb-serial adapter to connect to the tv.
post #159 of 160 Old 10-05-2011, 04:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Not a problem. If you're looking for a calibrator, I would ask around in the calibration section http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=139

if anyone knows of a qualified ISF technician in your country. Or if there's some alternative org. that serves a similar function there.

If not, controlcal might be your best option:
http://www.controlcal.com/
http://www.controlcal.com/donate.html
http://www.controlcal.com/forum/tags.php?tag=isfccc

Controlcal won't give you as exact a result as a good calibrator would, but if you can't find a proper calibrator it's probably your best bet. Basically, you pay for the patch which unlocks ISF modes and they also give you a few profiles which should look very good on your set. It's all done online, although depending on your model you may need a serial cable and/or usb-serial adapter to connect to the tv.

the question is...why should i calibrate the TV by my self ??

isn`t a good idea to stick with others settings if they have the same kuro i have ( until now i`m not sure i find the trusted one )

thank you ..your posts very helpful
post #160 of 160 Old 10-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

the question is...why should i calibrate the TV by my self ??

isn`t a good idea to stick with others settings if they have the same kuro i have ( until now i`m not sure i find the trusted one )

thank you ..your posts very helpful

dlplover has pointed you in the right direction. ControlCal will allow you to activate your 5090's ISFccc modes. The ISFccc modes are specifically designed for calibrators to use, and a professional calibration by an expert like D-Nice or UMR would result in the best possible picture.

But even without a professional calibration, you could use ControlCal yourself and input others' settings for the ISFccc modes to create a picture with more "pop" that is still very accurate. I strongly urge you to visit the ControlCal site that dlplover linked above and to start asking questions on the forums there. You will find Paul Turbe, the owner of ControlCal, to be extremely friendly and helpful.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page