very happy too say i was able to calibarate my st30 custom mode for console gameing - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-27-2011, 07:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
so after playing around with my tvs custom settings, hdmi range i am happy too say i found the best gameing settings that works best for me and boy does it look amazing, i customized my custom settings, and changed the hdmi range from auto too nonestandard,and left the content type too auto, i also learn the xbox 360s best when left on standard- color space auto, when changed too extendend it cause the colors too look washed out, when on expended its too dark, jaggy.. heres a picture of marcus gears of war 3 i took after the settings
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-27-2011, 08:35 AM

I want a plasma or LED but I can't make up my mind. I currently have a Panny 53" 480p/1080i RPTV and it's a great tv but it doesn't have HDMI and I like the brightness of the newer TVs, as mine is like 7-8 years old. Which TV do you exactly have? How did you calibrate it? I've looked at the plasmas in BB and some of them don't have quite as good of a picture as I would expect but that may be because the signal that is being put to the TVs is split so many times, I don't know. I really don't need/want 3D but I want a high res and a high response time with very little lag.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-27-2011, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99monguse View Post

I want a plasma or LED but I can't make up my mind. I currently have a Panny 53" 480p/1080i RPTV and it's a great tv but it doesn't have HDMI and I like the brightness of the newer TVs, as mine is like 7-8 years old. Which TV do you exactly have? How did you calibrate it? I've looked at the plasmas in BB and some of them don't have quite as good of a picture as I would expect but that may be because the signal that is being put to the TVs is split so many times, I don't know. I really don't need/want 3D but I want a high res and a high response time with very little lag.

well i have the panny st30 50 inch tv 2011 3d i used gears of war a uncharted drake on the ps3 to calibarte the settings by looking at the detail, of the colors i also looked at the fact that some settings cause jaggies and just calibarated my settings too make the picture look more smoother realistic, most games hers a picture of uncharted i just took ,most plasma tv have less lags then lcd tvs i love my st30 panny but i would suggest you view different tvs and go from their also you need hdmi for a better picture, also take a look in the picture with drake you can see the steam behind them im in the boiler room.
LL
LL
post #4 of 4 Old 09-27-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99monguse View Post

All the good tvs are 3d now.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page