Official 2011 Panasonic Settings/Issues Thread - Page 35 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1021 of 1088 Old 05-17-2012, 06:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi guys just finished 106 hours of color slides and I'm about to calibrate with d nice settings but I still don't know whether to use the non EPROM settings for my vt30 65, how do I know if mine is updated it is an August 2011 build.

I'm going to go ahead and use the non EPROM settings please tell me if this is incorrect.

Fronts: Energy Veritas V51
Front Height: Energy V-Mini
Center: Energy Veritas V52
Surround: Energy RC-R's
Sub: Energy ESW-CS8
Reciever: Onkyo TX-NR3008
TV: Panasonic TC-P65VT30

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1022 of 1088 Old 05-21-2012, 04:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
So I just plugged in my 65ST30 and setup the PHOTO setting and I am beginning the slide show. I have a Aug 2011 Build the a XX1216XXXX serial number...so YIPPEE.

HOWEVER - on the slides - well on the "green" slides...I can sort of see a "red" halo effect on the very corners of the screen. All the rest of the slides look ok...

Is this NORMAL ? Is this a defect ? Will it not be noticable in normal viewing and I am just panicking ?

I will try and take a picture...later on once my little guy goes to bed.

Thanks in advance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #1023 of 1088 Old 05-25-2012, 08:00 PM

Liked: 10
Hey Guys Looking for some help........I used the i1 Display2 and HCFR to get the following

Cont 95
Brig 52
Color 65
Tint -1

WB hi r 50
hi g 0
hi b 15
WB low 4
low g 0
low b -1

black ext 0
Gamma 2.2
Panel Mid

HDMI gaphic

So my luminance is pretty good but I am using all the high red and could use some more too. Also Contrast is a little low.

Any ideas why I am having to push the WB high Red so much?
post #1024 of 1088 Old 05-27-2012, 11:38 AM

Liked: 12
My 65 vt30 is wonderful.

Ive just noticed one thing and was wondering if anyone else has it.

When watching a movie and a scene is very bright the tv makes a lot of noise. Is this something to be used to or should it remain the same volume as when on dark scenes?
post #1025 of 1088 Old 05-27-2012, 02:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyp3 View Post

My 65 vt30 is wonderful.

Ive just noticed one thing and was wondering if anyone else has it.

When watching a movie and a scene is very bright the tv makes a lot of noise. Is this something to be used to or should it remain the same volume as when on dark scenes?

You have to be more specific. Do you mean a buzzing sound? The volume gets louder? Some other noise? Buzzing is inherent in plasma technology. Yes, it can get louder with bright scenes. However, you shouldn't normally hear it at normal viewing distances. If it's a loud buzzing, I'd exchange it for another one. I can't hear any buzzing on my 55" VT30 unless I put my ears in back of the display.
post #1026 of 1088 Old 05-27-2012, 04:45 PM

Liked: 12
Ya sorry it makes lots of buzzing when it goes to a white screen. I sit about 8 feet from screen. I dont notice the noise until it goes to a bright scene. Some movies its real bad.
post #1027 of 1088 Old 05-28-2012, 10:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyp3 View Post

Ya sorry it makes lots of buzzing when it goes to a white screen. I sit about 8 feet from screen. I dont notice the noise until it goes to a bright scene. Some movies its real bad.

Then return it; it's not normal. Mine is absolutely quiet from normal viewing distance.
post #1028 of 1088 Old 05-28-2012, 06:21 PM

I have the TCp50gt30 and have had an issue since I bought it and was wondering how common it was. When I open up viera cast, the icons will not highlight so I have no idea where I am navigating to. It only makes a beeping sound and I guess which icon I am clicking on by listening to that. Anyone else having issue?
post #1029 of 1088 Old 06-01-2012, 10:12 AM

No one has heard of this issue at all?
post #1030 of 1088 Old 06-01-2012, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZweasel View Post

No one has heard of this issue at all?

i've seen it happen when I don't have an internet connection. It appears as if the icons are downloaded each time Viera Connect is started. Hope that helps.
post #1031 of 1088 Old 06-01-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxie1617 View Post

i've seen it happen when I don't have an internet connection. It appears as if the icons are downloaded each time Viera Connect is started. Hope that helps.

Well I know I have a connection because I can click on netflix, etc. and it works correctly. However, I just don't see the icons being hi-lighted. Pretty wierd.
post #1032 of 1088 Old 06-02-2012, 11:51 AM

I'm confused a bit by the original posts way back on page 1. Post 4 shows settings for various VY30's (LH, MY, MJ). How do you tell which one you have? Then there are several following posts which I think are showing updated settings, but all the posts have the same date. Are you just supposed to used the last post for your model?
post #1033 of 1088 Old 06-02-2012, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this question already, but I'll ask it anyhoo:

With the YouTube app onthe GT30, is there any way to navigate forward and backward in videos? I have only been able to figure out three navigation commands: pause, next video and previous video/return to beginning. I'd like to be able to fast forward and rewind, or at least jump to a certain point in the video. It kinda sucks when I'm watching a lengthy clip and have to stop midway through, and can't resume from where I left off at a later time.
post #1034 of 1088 Old 06-03-2012, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilock View Post

I'm confused a bit by the original posts way back on page 1. Post 4 shows settings for various VY30's (LH, MY, MJ). How do you tell which one you have? Then there are several following posts which I think are showing updated settings, but all the posts have the same date. Are you just supposed to used the last post for your model?

I stumbled on this myself. Find your size and model then you should find one of the two letter code pairs in your serial number. I suspect these are firmware revisions or major revisions in the internals that affect these settings. Another variable may be whether, or not you have updated your EPROM (erasable programmable read only memory chip). I finally decided that really only applies if your build date was earlier than the point a certain update was put into the assembly line. Mine is an October build and did not need the chip reprogrammed. That may not apply to all models and sizes. It did mine.

I hope that helps.

BTW, I used the settings and my set really looks good.
post #1035 of 1088 Old 06-03-2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwall View Post

I stumbled on this myself. Find your size and model then you should find one of the two letter code pairs in your serial number. I suspect these are firmware revisions or major revisions in the internals that affect these settings. Another variable may be whether, or not you have updated your EPROM (erasable programmable read only memory chip). I finally decided that really only applies if your build date was earlier than the point a certain update was put into the assembly line. Mine is an October build and did not need the chip reprogrammed. That may not apply to all models and sizes. It did mine.

I hope that helps.

BTW, I used the settings and my set really looks good.

Thanks for this info. Can you clarify the other part. There are several sets of settings listed for the same "series" of the same model. Were they just updates and improvements so that the way to use these is to just use the last set of settings posted?
post #1036 of 1088 Old 06-03-2012, 09:22 AM
gce

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:

Thanks for this info. Can you clarify the other part. There are several sets of settings listed for the same "series" of the same model. Were they just updates and improvements so that the way to use these is to just use the last set of settings posted?

Each size and S/N has a Non EPROM setting and a EPROM setting. Read the top line of each setting and you'll see that!
post #1037 of 1088 Old 06-03-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gce View Post

Each size and S/N has a Non EPROM setting and a EPROM setting. Read the top line of each setting and you'll see that!

Yes, so please explain when you use ons vs the other?
post #1038 of 1088 Old 06-03-2012, 05:01 PM

Sorry, but one more question. The very first post says to use those settings while prepping the tv and has a link. But the link leads to a blank page. Where is infor on the "slides" that are supposed to be used for the prep?
post #1039 of 1088 Old 06-03-2012, 06:23 PM
gce

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwall View Post

Yes, so please explain when you use ons vs the other?

You know which one to use by the date it was manufactured.
post #1040 of 1088 Old 06-03-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:

Ok. I was in the ballpark. I guess I assumed the various 2 letter pairs were somehow sequential. So they must not be. Doesn't matter. Mine was an October build, so I use the EPROM settings (because the updated EPROM was used in its manufacture), right. If you have an earlier date (preMarch) you use the non EPROM settings, unless you have Panisonic update the EPROM? Then you use the EPROM settings.?

Thanks for your help. Like others, I find this part a bit confusing.
post #1041 of 1088 Old 06-04-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:

What manufacture date then corresponds to models that have the new EPROM and don't need to be fixed?
post #1042 of 1088 Old 06-04-2012, 12:24 PM
gce

Quote:

What manufacture date then corresponds to models that have the new EPROM and don't need to be fixed?

I have no idea.
post #1043 of 1088 Old 06-11-2012, 10:26 PM

I bought this a 65" VT50 in early December and babied it for a month - it was great, and didn't have a single issue with it, keeping it on THX mode at all times. I ordered Wrestlemania on PPV on April 1 and it had a graphic in the lower left hand corner with the WWE logo and the word "LIVE". The PPV lasted around 4 hours I believe. You probably know where this is going - on June 11th, my set still says "WWE LIVE" in the lower left hand corner. What I initially figured to be simple image retention is now looking more and more like permanent burn in, after a 4 hour viewing.
post #1044 of 1088 Old 06-12-2012, 04:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilock View Post

You need to go into the service mode and at the first screen you will find the eeprom numbers. Use the info in this post to determine what version you have.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1319498/official-panasonic-2011-tc-pxxst30-thread-no-price-talk/3750#post_20799695
post #1045 of 1088 Old 06-12-2012, 04:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilock View Post

Sorry, but one more question. The very first post says to use those settings while prepping the tv and has a link. But the link leads to a blank page. Where is infor on the "slides" that are supposed to be used for the prep?

Not sure what you're after but I think it's the slides. In the second sentence that begins with 'Recommended" Just click on the word "Evangelo's" and a download popup comes up asking if you want to download the slides.
post #1046 of 1088 Old 06-12-2012, 04:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Are the 100 hours of slides still recommended for a set that has apporox. 1000 hours of satellite and blu-ray watching already?

I don't really like talking about my flair

post #1047 of 1088 Old 06-12-2012, 04:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyp3 View Post

Had a similar issue. Grab a Phillips head screw driver and tighten all of the screws for the back cover and stand. Also, check to see if the metal around the larger holes for wall mounting is loose. I had some white screen buzz, and it went away after I tightened the screws and installed the wall mount brackets on the back. The metal around the wall mount holes was really loose when I took the plastic caps off. Installed the brackets with the washer that came with them and it tightened the entire back up. I think the normal plasma buzz was being amplified by the loose metal.

I don't really like talking about my flair

post #1048 of 1088 Old 06-12-2012, 05:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barhoram View Post

Are the 100 hours of slides still recommended for a set that has apporox. 1000 hours of satellite and blu-ray watching already?

No....

post #1049 of 1088 Old 06-13-2012, 09:20 PM
Advanced Member

So I've owned my TCP46ST30 for about 7-8 months so far. I believe I do have the brightness fluctuation issue, but not as severe as some as I don't notice it every single time, it just crops up at times, bugs me, then I forget about it.

However what has been occurring is the buzzing issue. Loud enough that I can hear it over the volume of the TV and a fan that was on in the other room. It does indeed fluctuate its noisiness depending on the brightness of the image being displayed, and if you stand right near the TV its quite evident. It doesn't happen constantly though, only every now and again does it crop up.

Question, has anyone done a swap / return with Panasonic directly? I'm obviously out of my retailers exchange period, but they did have a deal to up Panasonic's warranty to 3 years. I'm just wondering what the process is like / how much hassle I'm in for.

Thanks!

- D
post #1050 of 1088 Old 06-14-2012, 05:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphoid View Post

So I've owned my TCP46ST30 for about 7-8 months so far. I believe I do have the brightness fluctuation issue, but not as severe as some as I don't notice it every single time, it just crops up at times, bugs me, then I forget about it.
However what has been occurring is the buzzing issue. Loud enough that I can hear it over the volume of the TV and a fan that was on in the other room. It does indeed fluctuate its noisiness depending on the brightness of the image being displayed, and if you stand right near the TV its quite evident. It doesn't happen constantly though, only every now and again does it crop up.
Question, has anyone done a swap / return with Panasonic directly? I'm obviously out of my retailers exchange period, but they did have a deal to up Panasonic's warranty to 3 years. I'm just wondering what the process is like / how much hassle I'm in for.
Thanks!
- D
Can't help with your question but in one of the GT30 threads people have fixed the problem by tightening screws on the back panel.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P42st30 42 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P46st30 46 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60st30 60 Inch 1080p 600 Hz 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55st30 55 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P65st30 65 Inch 1080p 600 Hz 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P50st30 50 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60gt30 60 Inch 1080p 600 Hz 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P50gt30 50 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55gt30 55 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P65gt30 65 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt30 65 Inch 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt30 55 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page