As a follow-up to an earlier post:
At first all I had adjusted were the set-up and set-down. After, I adjusted all the other pots (VS, VA, VSX, -VY, VZB adjustments), I went back to set-up and set-down and was able to adjust them even further clockwise for a better MLL. It is really amazing how much better this tv is now! I am considering getting the X-rite i1Display Pro and CalMAN to professionally calibrate the tv now that I know its full potential.
So for anyone doing the tweaks, you should have at least a multimeter to get the best results. Any multimeter should work (saw some people who were having trouble), just make sure it is on DC and is switched to a mode that can read voltages greater than 120V. Adjust all these pots (VS, VA, VSX, -VY, VZB adjustments), double check them all and make necessary adjustments. Then turn set-up as far as it will go without misfires, then the same with set-down. And finally check all the other pots adjustments one last time.