I was finally able to get my Eye One LT to produce a useable and sustainable reading on a 0 IRE test pattern using Color HCFR. Honestly, I'm not sure what I was doing wrong before (I've never had issues like the in the past), but now I never get the "No data from sensor message" at all.
Well, the results are quite impressive. I measured my 50PK550 yesterday a few times over the course of the day. The 0 IRE read a consistent .005 MLL. I'm amazed at how low that is. Overall effective contrast has almost quadrupled, going from 1900:1 pre-tweak to a little over 7000:1 post tweak.
I initially thought that maybe I could get it a little lower with a bit more tweaking, but I decided to not attempt it as my OCD personality would never let it rest (which is why I kept at it with my Eye One LT). .005 is very, very good if you ask me. I was actually impressed with the way my greyscale and primaries/secondaries have held up. It's been about a year since I did my last calibration, and I've decided to hold off on the calibration until my TV replaces my old projector in my theater room. But it looks like I'll just need to do a few things to get it back into spec. My gamma is still spot on at 2.20.
PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.