LG Plasma Panel tweaks for better blacks. - Page 50 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 15Likes

Old 10-06-2016, 05:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 491 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Is there some way to "adjust the pots" to improve image retention issues? I have a Vizio VP322 which uses an LG panel with horrendous temporary image retention.

Thanks.

Panasonic AX-200u / Optoma Graywolf 92" / Draper Luma 92"
Samsung 51F8500 Plasma / Panasonic P50ST60 Plasma / Sony 50W700B LCD / Vizio VP322 Plasma
Sony S790 BD / Panasonic BDT-220 / Roku 2 XS & Roku 2 (Ver. 3)
Panasonic S97 / Panasonic RP-91
Aiwa MX100 Multi-region VCR / JVC S7600 S-VHS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Thumbs up

Six or so year old 60PK950 had the HDMI connections go out, so while I had the back off fixing that, I ran this black level tweak.

It's an amazing improvement and will tide me over until I feel its time to go OLED.
I only adjusted Set_UP and Set_DN. Sort of followed the logic of the last instructions in the first post. So it wound up I put Set_UP fully clockwise and starting Set_DN at fully clockwise, I turned Set_DN Counter Clockwise until the noise/misfires subsided.
I used color bars, 100% white, and other test patterns to verify it didn't mess anything up, but full black was the best pattern for setting Set_DN.

In case you're interested I fixed the HDMI issue by using a heat gun WITHOUT removing the board from the TV. I heated just the HDMI chip to 250-300 degrees for 2 minutes.

Happy Camper! Thanks all for the valuable info!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement