Help with Big Gaming TVs - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-19-2011, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Guys,

First of all if there is a thread like this already somewhere else, sorry for my ignorance.

I am looking into getting a new TV for gaming... I play in a large room and sit about 12'-13' feet away from the screen. So far I have determined that I need a TV that is at least 48" and I definitely want a Plasma screen. Also, I have had several people tell me that a high refresh rate is important for gaming... and input lag but I know about all that. The game I will be playing most runs at 60fps.... I guess overall I am just asking, is there a TV that is bigger than 48", that has a high refresh rate and very low input lag?? I mean is that even possible??

I have had people recommend the Panasonic Viera TC-P50GT25 50-inch and the Samsung UN46C8000 46-inch... Are either of those any good? I really don't know much about TVs.

Thanks, any help is appreciated greatly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-19-2011, 06:40 PM

Liked: 11
The gt25 is last years model which has been replaced by the gt30 and for numerous reasons is a good upgrade. The samsung you mentioned is an led tv and has a good amount of lag. If you want plasma I would look at the pannys the st30, gt30, or vt30. And at your distance go at least 60 inch.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-20-2011, 08:44 AM

Liked: 10
Yeah, I'm looking for a good gaming tv with low lag and it sounds like Panasonic GT's & ST's are some of the best in that department (around 30ms of lag). Read some bad things about the picture quality though:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...postcount=3186

Sharps are supposed to have very low input lag too (25-30ms). I'm replacing a broken 60" 810UN though, so I really don't want to go back to Sharp.

I'm still doing my homework on the Samsung D7000's & D6500's but Sammy plasmas typically have higher input lag than Panasonic's.

BTW, the tv's refresh rate has nothing to do with input lag, so don't pay much attention to it.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page