GT30 - Gaming and Lag? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 12-12-2011, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Guys,

I am getting a new Panny GT30 55" for an all-around TV. I play about 2-3 hours of PS3 a night so this plasma will be used for lots of gaming AND movie / TV watching.

I was reading this review:
http://www.avforums.com/review/Panas...TV-Review.html

Quote from article "The P50GT30B has a measured input lag of 30ms in Game mode which is slightly slower than some of Panasonic other plasmas"

Can someone please comment on the lag time and if its a concern on this TV? I know IR is a thing of the past but I'm trying to verify that this set is indeed a good gaming TV as well. Any help much appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-05-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejewels View Post

Hey Guys,

I am getting a new Panny GT30 55" for an all-around TV. I play about 2-3 hours of PS3 a night so this plasma will be used for lots of gaming AND movie / TV watching.

I was reading this review:
http://www.avforums.com/review/Panas...TV-Review.html

Quote from article "The P50GT30B has a measured input lag of 30ms in Game mode which is slightly slower than some of Panasonic other plasmas"

Can someone please comment on the lag time and if its a concern on this TV? I know IR is a thing of the past but I'm trying to verify that this set is indeed a good gaming TV as well. Any help much appreciated!

I would like to know about this as well...
post #3 of 6 Old 03-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
It should be a little lower than that, around 25ms or so.

Let's put it this way - you cannot currently buy a faster TV to game on (all the 2011 Panasonic plasmas seem to have the same lag). If 25ms is too much for you, then your options are awfully limited.

I had a GT30 and the lag was pretty fantastic. If you need better, you might have to hunt down an older Sharp LCD with Vyper Drive. They reach 16ms, but the new ones suck badly.

=Tommy v2=
post #4 of 6 Old 03-05-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyv2 View Post

Let's put it this way - you cannot currently buy a faster TV to game on (all the 2011 Panasonic plasmas seem to have the same lag). If 25ms is too much for you, then your options are awfully limited.

I had a GT30 and the lag was pretty fantastic. If you need better, you might have to hunt down an older Sharp LCD with Vyper Drive. They reach 16ms, but the new ones suck badly.

Definitely interested in the GT30.... I have a PN59D6500 right now and it's measuring up in the 40ms range, which isn't that great. I moved from LED to plasma partially for the input lag and it's only a 10% change for the better from the LED...

Peak whites are pretty good on the 6500, but I might have to get used to a darker picture to get the fast lag time of the GT30.
post #5 of 6 Old 03-05-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyv2 View Post

Actually, according to reviews like this, the 2011 Panasonic ST30 (including some lower end models) have input lag as low as 16ms. The Samsung D7000 has a input lag of 16ms as well (when HDMI 1 is renamed to PC).
post #6 of 6 Old 03-05-2012, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveZ06 View Post

Actually, according to reviews like this, the 2011 Panasonic ST30 (including some lower end models) have input lag as low as 16ms. The Samsung D7000 has a input lag of 16ms as well (when HDMI 1 is renamed to PC).

The problem is the method of testing. I responded to a similar question and posted some thoughts on this in the input lag thread.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page