If you already have a GT25, then waiting makes sense.
If you have nothing, like me, waiting makes no sense. Sure, I could wait another 6 months for the 2012 VT50 at MSRP, or another year for the 2012 VT50 at settled prices, but if I wait a full year, I'll be thinking the same thing a year from now - lather, rinse, repeat.
Life is getting shorter for all of us. If we were talking a HUGE breakthough (like OLED) then of course I would wait, but next years TVs will be better, but only incrementally so. Even the new Elite is only incrementally better, not revolutionary.
Why waste 6 months to a year for only a slightly incrementally better TV?