Buzzing panasonic st30 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 12-27-2011, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi

Please can someone advise me. Just bought a 50" st30 yesterday and had to return because the buzzing was driving me mad. I sit about 10 foot away and had turn the vol up to 20% plus before the buzzing was in audible. In terms of positioning, it is about half a foot from the wall. I can hear the fan but as its a constant it is not so annoying but the buzzing was crazy up an down depending on the contrast.

I have ordered another (got it a little cheaper too) hoping it is just a clanger. Can someone tell me is this going to be a problem that will not go away and should I just sack off Panny's altogether. I currently have a37" px70 and the buzzing is so slight I have never noticed it

Please can someone advise me

Thanks in advance
Rich
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-27-2011, 03:35 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 52
Other than on a couple of solid-color slides - with no other background noise - buzzing has NOT been audible on our 60" ST30 at normal viewing distance of about 9 feet.

Wish I could say the same for the Visibility of the Green Blob & Pink Tint this set suffers from - and for which it will doubtless be returned.

Green IS getting better - but Pink is most certainly getting worse...
post #3 of 7 Old 12-27-2011, 06:48 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohenrs View Post

HiPlease can someone advise me. Just bought a 50" st30 yesterday and had to return because the buzzing was driving me mad. I sit about 10 foot away and had turn the vol up to 20% plus before the buzzing was in audible. In terms of positioning, it is about half a foot from the wall. I can hear the fan but as its a constant it is not so annoying but the buzzing was crazy up an down depending on the contrast.

I have ordered another (got it a little cheaper too) hoping it is just a clanger. Can someone tell me is this going to be a problem that will not go away and should I just sack off Panny's altogether. I currently have a37" px70 and the buzzing is so slight I have never noticed it

That TV was defective. It's not normal to be able to hear it at 5 feet away much less 10 feet. I recently set up a friend's 60ST30 and it's virtually silent at 3 feet away which is as it should be and we can't hear it at all at 8 feet even while watching the slides. I know two other people with ST30s and they report no problems and no buzzing. Your replacement will probably be fine.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #4 of 7 Old 12-28-2011, 12:04 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback
Rich
post #5 of 7 Old 01-09-2012, 12:23 PM

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

That TV was defective. It's not normal to be able to hear it at 5 feet away much less 10 feet. I recently set up a friend's 60ST30 and it's virtually silent at 3 feet away which is as it should be and we can't hear it at all at 8 feet even while watching the slides. I know two other people with ST30s and they report no problems and no buzzing. Your replacement will probably be fine.

I have buzzing but you have to put your ear up to the back of the tv. Plus i am currently driving the panel at 100 contrast doing the burn in procedure might make it louder. When you are in front of the tv you cant really hear anything. I dont think panasonic makes a tv that doesnt buzz. Although my 50GT25 was alot quieter . To hear a buzz at 8-10 feet would be pretty bad. Is that actually possible lol
post #6 of 7 Old 01-17-2013, 04:30 PM

Liked: 11
Just wanted to let you know that my buzzing issue was fixed (and paid by Panasonic, under warranty). A technician first tried to change some screws, but that didn't work, so a new power board was brought in and that did the trick!
post #7 of 7 Old 01-17-2013, 05:13 PM

yeah.A technician first tried to change some screws, but that didn't work, so a new power board was brought in and that did the trick! 1.gif
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page