Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 42 Old 01-02-2012, 05:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

The bezel popping out like that is a dead give away that something isn't right with the tv.

Maybe his kids did that when he wasnt looking since you were so quick to blame his kids earlier
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 Old 01-02-2012, 06:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
So when do they come? Or are they only asking for pictures?
post #33 of 42 Old 01-02-2012, 07:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikoo View Post

The ultra-slim design apparently is not very forgiving.
If there was even a particle of dust trapped between the inside and the outside panel (sandwiched) and as soon as the internal plasma panel heats up...voila.....crack.

Quote:

I highly doubt that.

me too...but think about it....how are they getting them "ultra slim"...???
the best place to reduce is air gap.
post #34 of 42 Old 01-02-2012, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Quote:

So when do they come? Or are they only asking for pictures?

I contacted support on Friday evening and they said I had 48 hours to submit the pics and information. I did that Sunday morning.

I'm figuring they were closed Sat/Sun and probably today for New Years. Hopefully I hear something tomorrow.
post #35 of 42 Old 01-02-2012, 08:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaidin33 View Post

I contacted support on Friday evening and they said I had 48 hours to submit the pics and information. I did that Sunday morning.

I'm figuring they were closed Sat/Sun and probably today for New Years. Hopefully I hear something tomorrow.

I don't like that they seem to want pics before they show. Something tells me they don't want to come.
post #36 of 42 Old 01-03-2012, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

And the TV is dead...won't turn on anymore and no word yet from Samsung. Guess I'll have to get on the phone with them tomorrow and see what's going on.
post #37 of 42 Old 01-08-2012, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

The TV is in the shop and I thought it only fair to update this thread and give Samsung some props.

After learning on Wednesday that the review department had deemed it physical damage and would not fix it, I got a hold of my local tech shop. They recommended I call back and ask for ECR (Executive Customer Relations). I did this, and got a gal named Evette. She was maybe the best customer service agent I've ever dealt with. She was extremely patient, listened to what had happened and actually listened. She was quiet while I explained the situation and other issues around the damaged area and why I was concerned that a faulty panel could have easily created a situation where the screen was ready to crack. When I was done with my lengthy explanation she responded to my concerns with details, proving that she had actually listened to what I said.

She then informed me that the review department was a 3rd party group and their say was final, but after hearing my side of the issue she would be willing to authorize payment for parts if I would be willing to cover labor. Deal!!

I was ready to go all the way to small claims with this. My next step was a letter to the Office of the President. I felt that worse case it wouldn't be worth the hassle for them to fight it and best case I could convince a Judge I had preponderance of the evidence in a civil small claims scenario. That would have taken months.

This was a fair solution and I commend Evette and the ECR group for having the empowerment to solve an issue like this.
post #38 of 42 Old 01-08-2012, 12:50 PM

Thats great news!!!!! Now if you can get the shop to give you free labor (since they did work on it and it could possibly be their fault) you'd have a perfect situation. Props to Samsung for straightening this out for you.

PS Now go apologize to your kids for thinking they did it LOL
post #39 of 42 Old 01-08-2012, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The TV is in the shop and I thought it only fair to update this thread and give Samsung some props.

After learning on Wednesday that the review department had deemed it physical damage and would not fix it, I got a hold of my local tech shop. They recommended I call back and ask for ECR (Executive Customer Relations). I did this, and got a gal named Evette. She was maybe the best customer service agent I've ever dealt with. She was extremely patient, listened to what had happened and actually listened. She was quiet while I explained the situation and other issues around the damaged area and why I was concerned that a faulty panel could have easily created a situation where the screen was ready to crack. When I was done with my lengthy explanation she responded to my concerns with details, proving that she had actually listened to what I said.

She then informed me that the review department was a 3rd party group and their say was final, but after hearing my side of the issue she would be willing to authorize payment for parts if I would be willing to cover labor. Deal!!

I was ready to go all the way to small claims with this. My next step was a letter to the Office of the President. I felt that worse case it wouldn't be worth the hassle for them to fight it and best case I could convince a Judge I had preponderance of the evidence in a civil small claims scenario. That would have taken months.

This was a fair solution and I commend Evette and the ECR group for having the empowerment to solve an issue like this.

Figures they'd blame you. But at least they did what they did with the deal. Sucks you have to pay anything for there mistake. But in this case. Something was better then nothing.
post #40 of 42 Old 01-08-2012, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:

Just too much to be coincidence in my book. Hope samsung sees it that way as well. And who knows, all or some of these symptoms might tell them exactly what happened.

If it's a tech issue then Samsung wouldn't be responsible it would be the company that the tech works for. I would contact them and get a hold of a manager and start a complaint on the issue. Samsung might be able to help facilitate a replacement though so definitely keep them in the loop. Good lcuk and keep us posted.

Seems a partial solve of the problem has been taken care of with free parts replacement, but I would definitely push the repair facility to cover the labor.
post #41 of 42 Old 01-27-2012, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter

Thought I'd update folks on this. The TV was at the shop since Jan. 5th. They went through two replacement panels that were both DOA. After the second bad one Samsung refused to send another and decided to replace the TV. I still paid labor, $195, and am now waiting for the new one. Just got off the phone with Tricia, who was very nice, and she is requesting a rush on the order to try and get it here by next Friday for the Superbowl. Crossing my fingers on that one.
post #42 of 42 Old 01-27-2012, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Kudos to Samsung on this one, and you for keeping our cool.

Good things happen to patient folks.

But I would still do one of two things:

1. show the techs that they did not put the TV back correctly and let them own up the labor cost.

2. contact BBB about their faulty service.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page