Official Panasonic 2012 Lineup and Information Thread [No Price Talk] - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #361 of 1640 Old 03-06-2012, 02:50 AM
Advanced Member
 
realzven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 519
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

This year is going to be different. More than likely I will either have a set of setting for right out of the box and after X amount of hours of panel aging (there will be new panel aging slides this year too)... or...eliminate the panel aging procedure all together.

thanks for your great work as usual D-Nice, you are THE MAN
realzven is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #362 of 1640 Old 03-06-2012, 03:09 AM
Advanced Member
 
realzven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 519
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Chad will be doing our's TC-P55ST50 up. We waited, as we wanted something from another manufacturer's 2012 line up to compare it to That will be a surprise Happening later this week .......

Chris, something from another manufacturer's 2012 line up is a Samsung 2012 plasma or LG 2012 plasma ?
thanks
realzven is offline  
post #363 of 1640 Old 03-06-2012, 04:23 AM
Advanced Member
 
mfrey0118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 692
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERNOLE View Post

Panasonic's noted problems viewing hockey games is a "giant right wing conspiracy" against Canadians.


60" 1080p 3D Plasma Panel
3D 1080p Blu-Ray player
4K 7.2 Channel AVR

mfrey0118 is offline  
post #364 of 1640 Old 03-06-2012, 10:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 12,160
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by realzven View Post

Chris, something from another manufacturer's 2012 line up is a Samsung 2012 plasma or LG 2012 plasma ?
thanks

why yes, you have narrowed it down ( Ya I am being a wise guy... )

Forum Sponsor // \\
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1-866-651-0049 // \\
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cleveland Plasma is online now  
post #365 of 1640 Old 03-06-2012, 10:54 AM
 
RedOctober205's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 436
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

Review unit will be in my hands tomorrow.... technically not in my hands as I will not be home when it arrives (90 miles away on business). I may have to drive home tomorrow night for a few hours of testing. Settings will be available sometime next week on HDJ. AVS availability is TBD.

VERY interesting.
RedOctober205 is offline  
post #366 of 1640 Old 03-06-2012, 11:04 AM
Member
 
johnblowcls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Does the ST50 uses the 30 bit colour processing like GT/VT50 does?
johnblowcls is offline  
post #367 of 1640 Old 03-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Advanced Member
 
DoctorM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 989
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Where will D-Nice be posting his review?

@johnblowcls - According to what we've seen by way of specs the GT and VT will have 24,576 Shades of Gradation as opposed to the ST's 12,286 equivalent. The UT halves that again.

The GT/VT will also have the THX3D certification which might mean a more accurate profile out of the box.

So yeah, the GT/VT reviews should be even better than the ST. The VT also adds 96hz at 24p playback.

--
(this space for rent)
DoctorM is offline  
post #368 of 1640 Old 03-06-2012, 11:43 AM
Member
 
samsungLE40B650's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorM View Post

Where will D-Nice be posting his review?

@johnblowcls - According to what we've seen by way of specs the GT and VT will have 24,576 Shades of Gradation as opposed to the ST's 12,286 equivalent. The UT halves that again.

The GT/VT will also have the THX3D certification which might mean a more accurate profile out of the box.

So yeah, the GT/VT reviews should be even better than the ST. The VT also adds 96hz at 24p playback.

What's the GT30 figures.

P *a *n *a *s *o *n *i *c ** S *T *W *5 *0
samsungLE40B650 is offline  
post #369 of 1640 Old 03-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Advanced Member
 
DoctorM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 989
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsungle40b650 View Post

what's the gt30 figures.

6,144

--
(this space for rent)
DoctorM is offline  
post #370 of 1640 Old 03-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Member
 
johnblowcls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
My question was referring at the fact that if the st50 doesn't specify pure mode etc... this mean it not uses the same rendering colour processing ?it still uses the old 20 bit ?....
johnblowcls is offline  
post #371 of 1640 Old 03-06-2012, 12:33 PM
Senior Member
 
MrVizio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 342
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorM View Post

6,144

Man, they had to go and do that, didn't they. If those numbers translate well, then my regret will begin to settle in, my jealousy will soar... I just had to grab a gt30 now, didn't I, lol!
MrVizio is offline  
post #372 of 1640 Old 03-06-2012, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sage11x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brighton, MI
Posts: 2,468
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVizio View Post


Man, they had to go and do that, didn't they. If those numbers translate well, then my regret will begin to settle in, my jealousy will soar... I just had to grab a gt30 now, didn't I, lol!

At the rate with which Panasonic has been cheapening their sets the last few years I would wait until some users have some time on the new panels before you regret your decision to buy the gt30... Here's hoping they're solid but I'll most likely be keeping my 2011 just in case they aren't.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
sage11x is online now  
post #373 of 1640 Old 03-06-2012, 01:18 PM
Advanced Member
 
DoctorM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 989
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Also MrVizio, you probably paid $500-800 less getting the 2011 one if you bought it recently.

--
(this space for rent)
DoctorM is offline  
post #374 of 1640 Old 03-06-2012, 01:56 PM
Member
 
BBC60's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 100
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVizio View Post

Man, they had to go and do that, didn't they. If those numbers translate well, then my regret will begin to settle in, my jealousy will soar... I just had to grab a gt30 now, didn't I, lol!

I just got a 60ST30 (what a good price) and if I was going to get a ST50 it would be about this time next year when the price would be low again. I wanted a new set this year and not next year. I have no regrets, so far so good. Enjoy what you have
BBC60 is offline  
post #375 of 1640 Old 03-06-2012, 04:49 PM
Advanced Member
 
mfrey0118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 692
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC60 View Post

I just got a 60ST30 (what a good price) and if I was going to get a ST50 it would be about this time next year when the price would be low again. I wanted a new set this year and not next year. I have no regrets, so far so good. Enjoy what you have

Panasonic is lowering production by a lot and avj has warned that sets may be scarce and without the drastic price decreases of previous model years. So it's possible these deeply discounted 2011's are probably the best deal we'll ever get on Panny plasmas...

60" 1080p 3D Plasma Panel
3D 1080p Blu-Ray player
4K 7.2 Channel AVR

mfrey0118 is offline  
post #376 of 1640 Old 03-06-2012, 05:21 PM
Member
 
gosugadget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
omg. the VT50 is definitely top 5 in design for 2012
gosugadget is offline  
post #377 of 1640 Old 03-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Senior Member
 
MrVizio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 342
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You're all correct. I was just joking... mostly. I love my set. And I did get a great deal on it.

It has less to do with me being unsatisfied and more to do with my obsession/unquenchable curiosity when it comes to TVs.

If I was rich, my place would look like one of those people on Hoarders, except it would be nothing but TVs
MrVizio is offline  
post #378 of 1640 Old 03-07-2012, 02:18 AM
Advanced Member
 
realzven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 519
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleveland plasma View Post

why yes, you have narrowed it down :d ( ya i am being a wise guy... )

i can't wait the Chad B review
realzven is offline  
post #379 of 1640 Old 03-07-2012, 03:17 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Faceless Rebel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,421
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Panasonic has fallen behind Samsung in several categories in 2011: color accuracy, image retention, and amount of visible dithering. I hope they will improve these things in 2012.

If Panasonic can improve these things and also not have that characteristic Samsung buzzing noise, then I will probably buy one in 2012.
Faceless Rebel is offline  
post #380 of 1640 Old 03-07-2012, 03:52 AM
Member
 
johnblowcls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Let's say that VT50 could match the Kuro blacks,combined with no floating blacks/brightness,excelent color accuracy,very good motion with no artifacts,a bright image and many other aspects of the picture at a excellent level.But even achieving this level could compete with Samsung or Lg OLED?
johnblowcls is offline  
post #381 of 1640 Old 03-07-2012, 04:42 AM
Advanced Member
 
greenjp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 877
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnblowcls View Post

....But even achieving this level could compete with Samsung or Lg OLED?

At this point it doesn't matter - they're not competing products. Optimistically those OLED sets might be available by the end of this year, only in 55", at a minimum price of $8,000. It's entirely possible we won't see them this year in any real numbers and that the price will be even higher. The 55" ST50 is already available at street prices under $1,500. Dunno about the VT but figure it can't possibly be more than $2,500.

jeff
greenjp is offline  
post #382 of 1640 Old 03-07-2012, 05:39 AM
Member
 
karlmalone1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjp View Post

At this point it doesn't matter - they're not competing products. Optimistically those OLED sets might be available by the end of this year, only in 55", at a minimum price of $8,000. It's entirely possible we won't see them this year in any real numbers and that the price will be even higher. The 55" ST50 is already available at street prices under $1,500. Dunno about the VT but figure it can't possibly be more than $2,500.

jeff

Exactly, well said.
karlmalone1 is offline  
post #383 of 1640 Old 03-07-2012, 07:57 AM
Senior Member
 
CatBrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Posts: 301
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Here's a link to a pdf file containing some interesting info on the new Panasonic tv's.

http://*********************/images/...0Smart%206.pdf

I guess I don't know the rules for posting a link here. Replace the asterisks with value electronics (eliminating the space) dot com.
CatBrat is offline  
post #384 of 1640 Old 03-07-2012, 08:55 AM
Senior Member
 
MrVizio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 342
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatBrat View Post

Here's a link to a pdf file containing some interesting info on the new Panasonic tv's.

http://*********************/images/...0Smart%206.pdf

I guess I don't know the rules for posting a link here. Replace the asterisks with value electronics (eliminating the space) dot com.

Tried it. Didn't work.
MrVizio is offline  
post #385 of 1640 Old 03-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Senior Member
 
CatBrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Posts: 301
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
[url="http://*********************/images/pdf/VIERA%20Smart%206.pdf"]

Replace the *********** with value electronics (remove the space) dot com.

Sheesh. There has got to be a better way to post a link.

I see in the lower left corner of each page it says my html code is off.
CatBrat is offline  
post #386 of 1640 Old 03-07-2012, 10:12 AM
Member
 
BlindGoldfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 81
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I think all of the info found in that .pdf is on Panasonic's product page...
BlindGoldfish is offline  
post #387 of 1640 Old 03-07-2012, 10:35 AM
Senior Member
 
MrVizio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 342
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatBrat View Post

[url="http://*********************/images/pdf/VIERA%20Smart%206.pdf"]

Replace the *********** with value electronics (remove the space) dot com.

Sheesh. There has got to be a better way to post a link
.

I see in the lower left corner of each page it says my html code is off.

I did. It said it was temp down. Works now.

How DARE you question AVS protocol
MrVizio is offline  
post #388 of 1640 Old 03-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Senior Member
 
MrVizio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 342
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindGoldfish View Post

I think all of the info found in that .pdf is on Panasonic's product page...

Pretty much. But it's still a nice link for someone to get a summary of what's in store. At least what Panny says is in store
MrVizio is offline  
post #389 of 1640 Old 03-07-2012, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member
 
subavision212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,441
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnblowcls View Post

Let's say that VT50 could match the Kuro blacks,combined with no floating blacks/brightness,excelent color accuracy,very good motion with no artifacts,a bright image and many other aspects of the picture at a excellent level.But even achieving this level could compete with Samsung or Lg OLED?

OLED sure sounds promising but still has drawbacks. One of the biggest drawbacks currently is the lifespan of the product. According to one estimate, the product will last only 5 years. OLED screens can be difficult to view in bright light and has a problem with the reproducing the color blue from what I've read: "The OLED material used to produce blue light degrades significantly more rapidly than the materials that produce other colors, which means that blue light output will decrease relative to the other colors of light. This variation in the differential color output will change the color balance of the display and is much more noticeable than a decrease in overall luminance." That being said, the VT50 design sure looks quite stunning compared to the 2011 models. May have to take a long, hard look at it.

subavision212 is offline  
post #390 of 1640 Old 03-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Senior Member
 
MrVizio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 342
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by subavision212 View Post

OLED sure sounds promising but still has drawbacks. One of the biggest drawbacks currently is the lifespan of the product. According to one estimate, the product will last only 5 years. OLED screens can be difficult to view in bright light and has a problem with the reproducing the color blue from what I've read: "The OLED material used to produce blue light degrades significantly more rapidly than the materials that produce other colors, which means that blue light output will decrease relative to the other colors of light. This variation in the differential color output will change the color balance of the display and is much more noticeable than a decrease in overall luminance." That being said, the VT50 design sure looks quite stunning compared to the 2011 models. May have to take a long, hard look at it.

Interesting.

Sure does.
MrVizio is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65st50 Plasma Tv , Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P65gt50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Panasonic Viera Tc P60ut50 Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off