Official Panasonic 2012 Lineup and Information Thread [No Price Talk] - Page 55 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1621 of 1640 Old 01-02-2013, 04:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
umm...seems strange... the number four guy in I am number Four survived against all odds... tongue.gif

jokes apart I am really looking at having a good 3d experience...will the VT series have any benefits over the GT series?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 1640 Old 01-02-2013, 05:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinit Ja View Post

umm...seems strange... the number four guy in I am number Four survived against all odds... tongue.gif
jokes apart I am really looking at having a good 3d experience...will the VT series have any benefits over the GT series?

No

post #1623 of 1640 Old 01-20-2013, 05:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 33
So is 3d performance the same across st/gt/vt
post #1624 of 1640 Old 01-20-2013, 07:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by billmich View Post

So is 3d performance the same across st/gt/vt

The performance is essentially the same I believe the GT and VT have a THX 3d setting but once calibrated there should be no difference.

65VT60
55ST60
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
post #1625 of 1640 Old 02-24-2013, 07:51 PM

Liked: 25
Thinking about a new 65 inch TV for the living room - mostly for 3D and because current Panasonic plasmas will be compatible with 3D glasses that I have for my projector.

Having a hard time choosing between GT and VT - at this point and given the scarce availability of 65 inch VT50, the price difference between the two is almost $1000 (this is what I can get for either model from store(s) that I consider reliable.

$1000 is a LOT of money. I would pay this difference, but only if I was sure that I am getting something markedly superior...
post #1626 of 1640 Old 02-24-2013, 08:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by durack View Post

Thinking about a new 65 inch TV for the living room - mostly for 3D and because current Panasonic plasmas will be compatible with 3D glasses that I have for my projector.

Having a hard time choosing between GT and VT - at this point and given the scarce availability of 65 inch VT50, the price difference between the two is almost $1000 (this is what I can get for either model from store(s) that I consider reliable.

$1000 is a LOT of money. I would pay this difference, but only if I was sure that I am getting something markedly superior...

I've had them both- 55VT50 and the 60GT50. The difference isn't worth $1000. IMO, the GT looked better out of the box and even after applying Cnet's settings. The VT was slightly darker and not just the blacks, I believe it was due to the filter difference. Game of Thrones and John Carter looked better on the GT. Also, the weaknesses in the GT are present in the VT as well. I returned the 55VT50 to get the 60GT50 back. If you decide to go with the VT plan on getting a professional calibration to get the best out of it.

If you've got a few grand to spend then wait for the VT60. wink.gif

post #1627 of 1640 Old 02-25-2013, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic View Post

I've had them both- 55VT50 and the 60GT50. The difference isn't worth $1000. IMO, the GT looked better out of the box and even after applying Cnet's settings. The VT was slightly darker and not just the blacks, I believe it was due to the filter difference. Game of Thrones and John Carter looked better on the GT. Also, the weaknesses in the GT are present in the VT as well. I returned the 55VT50 to get the 60GT50 back. If you decide to go with the VT plan on getting a professional calibration to get the best out of it.

If you've got a few grand to spend then wait for the VT60. wink.gif

Thanks for the reply! I think I will go with the GT then, since this will be the living room TV which is used mostly by the family, anyway and my wife records all her shows in SD. smile.gif
post #1628 of 1640 Old 02-25-2013, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for the reply! I think I will go with the GT then, since this will be the living room TV which is used mostly by the family, anyway and my wife records all her shows in SD. smile.gif

SD isn't going to look very good. Does she do this to save space? What do you use for recording?

post #1629 of 1640 Old 02-25-2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:

SD isn't going to look very good. Does she do this to save space? What do you use for recording?

SD already looks hideous on 60 inch Sony LCD TV we have now. smile.gif

We have a FIOS DVR, the reason she does it because when you open the guide, the box defaults to single digit numbers which is where SD channels are. Recording HD channels will involve more clicking.

When Game of Thrones comes back on HBO, it will be recorded in HD since I will be watching it. smile.gif
post #1630 of 1640 Old 02-25-2013, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

SD already looks hideous on 60 inch Sony LCD TV we have now. smile.gif

We have a FIOS DVR, the reason she does it because when you open the guide, the box defaults to single digit numbers which is where SD channels are. Recording HD channels will involve more clicking.

When Game of Thrones comes back on HBO, it will be recorded in HD since I will be watching it. smile.gif

I hear ya! biggrin.gif

One more thing about buying the GT, you'll be getting the last since they're no longer offering that model in the US anymore.

post #1631 of 1640 Old 02-25-2013, 11:54 AM

Quote:

I hear ya! biggrin.gif

One more thing about buying the GT, you'll be getting the last since they're no longer offering that model in the US anymore.

Oh, so it will be only the cheap ST and the expensive VT? Hmm, even more reason to hurry up with midrange.
post #1632 of 1640 Old 02-25-2013, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Oh, so it will be only the cheap ST and the expensive VT? Hmm, even more reason to hurry up with midrange.

wink.gif
And IMO, the GT is a better tv than the ST, especially if you don't have complete light control and want more viewing mode options that are equally as good.

post #1633 of 1640 Old 02-26-2013, 06:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 33
New lineup is ST,VT,ZT
post #1634 of 1640 Old 02-26-2013, 07:18 AM - Thread Starter
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by billmich View Post

New lineup is ST,VT,ZT

2013 Lineup:

X60
S60
ST60
VT60
ZT60

GT series is dropped in North America frown.gif

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1451436/official-panasonic-2013-lineup-and-information-thread
sheshechic likes this.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gallery -
post #1635 of 1640 Old 02-26-2013, 10:27 PM
AVS Special Member

I seems that there's another benefit of the GT over the ST and that's the dual core processor which may be relevant to future updates (per avj at hdj). biggrin.gif

post #1636 of 1640 Old 02-27-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:

wink.gif
And IMO, the GT is a better tv than the ST, especially if you don't have complete light control and want more viewing mode options that are equally as good.

OK, ordered one. Prices are good and with 2013 models just announced I doubt the GTs will be around much longer.

Hopefully Pilot will not smash it to pieces during delivery. smile.gif
post #1637 of 1640 Old 02-27-2013, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Yay! I doubt that they'll smash up your tv. They should let you turn it on. When they brought mine I bribed them to set it up- put stand on and set it on the stand. Hubby is never here for that kind of stuff and I just can't wait. wink.gif

post #1638 of 1640 Old 03-01-2013, 11:47 AM

Got mine already, delivered without problems. So far everything is great. Amazing how (relatively) light these things are these days.

One problem though - this is a "family TV" and any kind of special watching to burn it in is out of the question, I guess I will hope the pixel orbiter does the job. smile.gif
post #1639 of 1640 Old 03-01-2013, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Got mine already, delivered without problems. So far everything is great. Amazing how (relatively) light these things are these days.

One problem though - this is a "family TV" and any kind of special watching to burn it in is out of the question, I guess I will hope the pixel orbiter does the job. smile.gif

Wow! That was fast!

IMO, the more you surf the better because every station these days seems to have a "bug," ticker, logo or emblem (especially kid's channels). What I did is let it play, for about 24 hours (turning it off at night just in case), on one of the premium hd channels that doesn't constantly show a logo. After doing this I saw improvements in the picture after 24 hours and again after a week too.

post #1640 of 1640 Old 03-16-2013, 10:17 PM

A few things:

Overall a good TV. Amazing how thin and light the plasmas have become.

Plasma dithering is noticeable when you walk up to the TV and stare at the screen. Not noticeable with normal viewing distances but it bugs me knowing it is there smile.gif However, to me it beats non-uniform backlighting/clouding which plagues even the most expensive LCD sets. Family will not notice either way. smile.gif

3D is good - using cheapo $20 Samsung glasses.

No analog audio out which is a minus give that I have a set of old computer speakers + sub which is small and hidden behind the TV which worked great for me with the previous TV, however built in speakers in the Panny are a bit better than the ones on the Sony it replaces and no one complained about the built in speakers (they did about the Sony ones) so I think I will just leave it at that.

60 inch Sony LCD TV went into the basement to serve as a gaming monitor which was the ulterior motive all along. cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

One of these days will try to properly calibrate it...not in a hurry because most of my personal watching is done on the projector.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65st50 Plasma Tv , Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P65gt50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Panasonic Viera Tc P60ut50 Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page