P50GT25 vs. P55ST30 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-17-2012, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here's the deal. I had a P50S30 that I had to get replaced due to a power issue, and instead of Panasonic replacing the TV with the same model, they shipped me a P50GT25 instead. I called to complain (hoping to get something extra since they gave me the wrong TV), but they gave me the option to either keep the GT25 or get a full refund.

I was thinking about applying the money towards a P55ST30, but I've read a lot of threads talking about how the GT25 was actually a really solid TV.

So the dilemma, do I keep the P50GT25 or pay about $250 more for a larger, newer TV that may or may not be same or better quality than the GT25?

Or do I even go up to the P60S30?

PS - I don't care about 3D, but I do enjoy a great picture with nice blacks. I value picture quality over screen size.

(I know the 2012s are coming out soon, but they'll be too pricey for a while)

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-17-2012, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaustino View Post

Here's the deal. I had a P50S30 that I had to get replaced due to a power issue, and instead of Panasonic replacing the TV with the same model, they shipped me a P50GT25 instead. I called to complain (hoping to get something extra since they gave me the wrong TV), but they gave me the option to either keep the GT25 or get a full refund.

I was thinking about applying the money towards a P55ST30, but I've read a lot of threads talking about how the GT25 was actually a really solid TV.

So the dilemma, do I keep the P50GT25 or pay about $250 more for a larger, newer TV that may or may not be same or better quality than the GT25?

Or do I even go up to the P60S30?

PS - I don't care about 3D, but I do enjoy a great picture with nice blacks. I value picture quality over screen size.

(I know the 2012s are coming out soon, but they'll be too pricey for a while)

Thanks!

The GT25 is a really good set, don't think you would be disappointed with it. Having said that if you can upgrade to a larger set I think the ST30 is excellent too. Everything I have read indicates the ST30 is a lot better performer than the S30.

65VT60
55ST60
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
post #3 of 3 Old 01-17-2012, 08:58 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
those 5 extra inches might be nicw
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays