post #601 of 1617 Old 02-18-2012, 11:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerz298 View Post

Yes, it worked great for me.

Did you guys check to make sure the logic board firmware is now the updated one?

I got my USB today and tried to install it and got "file not available,try again",whats that all about???? Checked my software version and it is 11-06-07 and tried the "file" link in previous post by Zoyd and i\\I couldnt get it to download,any ideas??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 1617 Old 02-18-2012, 12:05 PM

Liked: 10
Just wanted to say thanks again to zoyd and those he gave credit to for this fix.

I have a pn51d6900 (Canadian) and only did step 2, the logic board update method. After a week of viewing I have not seen a single brightness pop. Very happy.

I hope Samsung comes out with an automatic update for those who do not use this forum. (Hopefully such an update wont screw up our fix in some way).
post #603 of 1617 Old 02-18-2012, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by jroptop View Post

I got my USB today and tried to install it and got "file not available,try again",whats that all about???? Checked my software version and it is 11-06-07 and tried the "file" link in previous post by Zoyd and i\\I couldnt get it to download,any ideas??

The three file downloads in zoyd's first post all work as of this post.

Eve: I thought I was through getting involved with men who were trouble. Falling in love on a look. I can't look at you.

Mickey: You have perfection about you. Your eyes have music. Your heart's the best part of your body. And when you move, every man, woman and child is forced to watch.
post #604 of 1617 Old 02-18-2012, 01:47 PM

Thank you for posting this. I had a D550 which died after 3 weeks and I exchanged that for a D7000 which will be in next week. Glad to see the fixes are dong the job, so I will be able to enjoy the new TV .. which I hope lasts longer than 3 weeks this time
post #605 of 1617 Old 02-18-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjames View Post

The three file downloads in zoyd's first post all work as of this post.

As you can tell im not to computer smart,when I click on the "file" on zoyds first post,to download,it asks what i want to do with the TCON.zip? Im needing help with this,who ever has patience please respond
post #606 of 1617 Old 02-18-2012, 02:38 PM

Quote:

As you can tell im not to computer smart,when I click on the "file" on zoyds first post,to download,it asks what i want to do with the TCON.zip? Im needing help with this,who ever has patience please respond

You need to save it and then open the file with an application that can open ZIP archives (most operating systems have that built in nowadays so you can simly try and double click on the file). When you have opened the file you will see that it contains a number of other files (a ZIP archive is a method to store files and folders compressed inside a single file for easy transfer):

51DF_DeepBlack.bin
51DS_DeepBlack.bin
59DS_ITO_DeepBlack.bin
59DS_ITOless_DeepBlack.bin
64DS_ITO_Deepblack.bin
64DS_ITOless_DeepBlack.bin

Choose the one that fits your model according to the first post in this thread. Insert a USB memory stick into your computer. On it create a folder named "PDP_LOGIC", copy the file you have choosen from the ZIP archive into that folder and rename the file "LOGIC.bin". That's it.
post #607 of 1617 Old 02-18-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachB10 View Post

Thank you for posting this. I had a D550 which died after 3 weeks and I exchanged that for a D7000 which will be in next week. Glad to see the fixes are dong the job, so I will be able to enjoy the new TV .. which I hope lasts longer than 3 weeks this time

Ok,wait,I think I got it,but when I click to open the correct file for my tv 64DS_ITODeepblackbin it says it not a supported file type because the file has been damaged.....what does this mean?
post #608 of 1617 Old 02-18-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.Ultra View Post

You need to save it and then open the file with an application that can open ZIP archives (most operating systems have that built in nowadays so you can simly try and double click on the file). When you have opened the file you will see that it contains a number of other files (a ZIP archive is a method to store files and folders compressed inside a single file for easy transfer):

51DF_DeepBlack.bin
51DS_DeepBlack.bin
59DS_ITO_DeepBlack.bin
64DS_ITO_Deepblack.bin

Choose the one that fits your model according to the first post in this thread. Insert a USB memory stick into your computer. On it create a folder named "PDP_LOGIC", copy the file you have choosen from the ZIP archive into that folder and rename the file "LOGIC.bin". That's it.

Ok,I got as far as seeing the list,I doubled clicked on the file I need and it says windows cannot open this file,I highlighted use the web service to find the correct program and thats where im having issues.......
post #609 of 1617 Old 02-18-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:

Ok,I got as far as seeing the list,I doubled clicked on the file I need and it says windows cannot open this file,I highlighted use the web service to find the correct program and thats where im having issues.......

just downloaded winzip,lets see if this works.......
post #610 of 1617 Old 02-18-2012, 03:22 PM

It saved to my downloads,I have the TCON folder showing,this is where im confused,Im reeeaal sorry for being a pain with this,need help from here
post #611 of 1617 Old 02-18-2012, 03:36 PM
LSx

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerz298 View Post

Did you guys check to make sure the logic board firmware is now the updated one?

The logic board update had to be done manually on my set after the firmware update didn't do it. I did confirm that the proper version is in there.
post #612 of 1617 Old 02-18-2012, 03:55 PM

only 1mb of data on the flash drive,it showed the zip file,inserted it in the tv,followd the steps,right arrow on zip menu and got FAIL message,i give up!
post #613 of 1617 Old 02-18-2012, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 35
You may have added an unnecessary file extension (the dot bin part is called an extension, and your OS may have them "hidden"). Erase the file you named LOGIC.bin. Go back to the original file from the ZIP and instead of renaming it "LOGIC.bin", simply use "LOGIC". This will preserve the .bin file extension.

This assumes the original file has the same extension. If not, you must enable file extensions on your OS so you can edit it.

ALSO, I thought there were 2 possible files. So, if the first doesn't work, you have to try the second. Did you do that?
post #614 of 1617 Old 02-18-2012, 05:56 PM

I just got the delivery of a PN64D8000. It's a December 2011 build. The regular firmware update did not update the logic board. So I tried the alternate method. It totally worked. The logic board version is now 11-11-04. One important point is it accepted the ITO version instead of ITOLess. Isn't anything build after July supposed to be ITO less? By the way is one better than the other one?

Thanks,
Yenal
post #615 of 1617 Old 02-18-2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvidHiker View Post

You may have added an unnecessary file extension (the dot bin part is called an extension, and your OS may have them "hidden"). Erase the file you named LOGIC.bin. Go back to the original file from the ZIP and instead of renaming it "LOGIC.bin", simply use "LOGIC". This will preserve the .bin file extension.

This assumes the original file has the same extension. If not, you must enable file extensions on your OS so you can edit it.

ALSO, I thought there were 2 possible files. So, if the first doesn't work, you have to try the second. Did you do that?

The files showed up in the USB stick,the IToand ITOLESS,but when I tried to manually upgrade it from the menual,it immediately says "fail"
post #616 of 1617 Old 02-18-2012, 07:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:

The files showed up in the USB stick,the IToand ITOLESS,but when I tried to manually upgrade it from the menual,it immediately says "fail"

Quote:

2. Extract file for your model from list below and rename it to LOGIC.bin- Note: If you have "show extensions" turned off in windows rename the file LOGIC
3. Place on stick in folder PDP_LOGIC

Instead of giving us a running commentary, why don't you read the first post. But first please tell us what you are trying to do. What model TV do you have? What is the current software version installed in the TV?

Larry
post #617 of 1617 Old 02-18-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.Ultra View Post

51DF_DeepBlack.bin
51DS_DeepBlack.bin
59DS_ITO_DeepBlack.bin
64DS_ITO_Deepblack.bin

Thank you veery much sir,I believe I figured it out as I have the file on my USB with 199kb of data,but I tried to install it manually and immediately get the "fail" instead of uploading,not sure what thats all about,maybe pertaining to the other issues the tv has,who knows!
post #618 of 1617 Old 02-19-2012, 04:01 AM

Quote:

If you see the list then you shouldn't double click (double clicking was for seeing the list) instead simply click on the file from the list that matches your model and drag it onto your usb-stick (into a folder named PDP_LOGIC). Once you have dragged the file there (copied it) then rename it as LOGIC.bin (if the filename you see don't already have a.bin part then simply rename it to LOGIC) because your tv will look for a file with that name.
post #619 of 1617 Old 02-19-2012, 04:02 AM

Quote:

Thank you veery much sir,I believe I figured it out as I have the file on my USB with 199kb of data,but I tried to install it manually and immediately get the "fail" instead of uploading,not sure what thats all about,maybe pertaining to the other issues the tv has,who knows!

Well each tv has two different files so if the first fails try the other one.
post #620 of 1617 Old 02-19-2012, 05:36 AM

I will try it again,for some reason it wont allow me to drag it to the PDP-logic,thats the part that im hung up on,I apologize if you guys are losing your patience with me
post #621 of 1617 Old 02-19-2012, 06:43 AM

Tv is a PN64D8000 and version 11-06-07 I have the file on the USB,tried both files and I get the "fail" message,probably an issue with the TV.
post #622 of 1617 Old 02-19-2012, 06:46 AM

Just upgraded my Logic Board with success, but when doing that I noticed two interesting items in the special service menu: "APC Speed" and "Real 100Hz Support" which where set to SLOW and OFF.

Anyone with a clue on what these might enable/alter :-)
post #623 of 1617 Old 02-19-2012, 06:55 AM

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOT IT!!! Damn faulty USB was the issue.Tried a new USB,dowloaded the file again,plugged it in to the TV,and WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Rechecked the software version and its 11-11-04 0x3796!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks everyone for their patience and help,beers are on me!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #624 of 1617 Old 02-19-2012, 07:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnewey6 View Post

Just upgraded my Logic Board with success, but when doing that I noticed two interesting items in the special service menu: "APC Speed" and "Real 100Hz Support" which where set to SLOW and OFF.

Anyone with a clue on what these might enable/alter :-)

APC is the brightness limiter (Automatic Power Control) and fast/slow determines the speed at which it steps the brightness down as power increases. I've tried both settings and couldn't detect any effect. 100Hz support does nothing on NTSC displays, I don't know if does anything on PAL/50Hz displays.

-----

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #625 of 1617 Old 02-19-2012, 07:35 AM

I can't get My 550 to read the USB drive at all. Is there a certain format that it should be in? It doesn't even seem to be reading it whatsoever...
post #626 of 1617 Old 02-19-2012, 07:45 AM

I can confirm now that on my PN64D550 after applying the manual logic board fix to 11-11-04 that I am not seeing Brightness Pops - the effect of Gamma being up'd a tick or whatever.

WHAT I AM SEEING - is occassionally fluctuating black bars on 2.35:1 movie content and sometimes in the very dark areas of the screen. Replaying them I do not see an overall brightness change - it is limited to the very dark areas ONLY - i.e. Black bars.

So, not a 100% fix but much improved no doubt. I have the HDMI Level set to LOW. Anyone else use this setting and notice that there blacks are still fluctuating a "tad"? I could set to NORMAL and then lower brightness, but...

Just wondering what thoughts on this there might be. And, it might just be that this is as good as it gets.
post #627 of 1617 Old 02-19-2012, 08:09 AM

PN51d8000- Used the files provided in the original link. Updated board and optimized! (you may want to mention that the .zip file needs to be unzipped before updating)

I want to thank this great community (especially zoyd for starting this thread) for offering me better support than Samsung ever gave me. I called 4 times and thought I had the update in the mail, only to find out they scheduled me a tech to come to my house and then cancelled my ticket. I called a total of 4 time, and every time I got a different answer.

Now time to crack open my back panel and do the voltage tweak in zoyd's other post.... Can't wait.

TV: Samsung PN51D8000

Sound: Denon 1910, Polk Monitor 70 Fronts, CS20 Center, Monitor 40 Rears, PSW505 sub

post #628 of 1617 Old 02-19-2012, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Depends on your input range, if you use RGB limited then HDMI low is correct. If you use RGB full or YCbCr then you should set to normal to get the proper alignment of input levels to display levels.

-----

post #629 of 1617 Old 02-19-2012, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alangston View Post

I can't get My 550 to read the USB drive at all. Is there a certain format that it should be in? It doesn't even seem to be reading it whatsoever...

FAT32 is fine, some people have had to try another USB stick to get it to work. check it's in USB 1 slot as well, that seems to work better if you have a large capacity USB drive.

-----

post #630 of 1617 Old 02-19-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alangston View Post

Did you unzip it? I did mine with FAT and worked fine

TV: Samsung PN51D8000

Sound: Denon 1910, Polk Monitor 70 Fronts, CS20 Center, Monitor 40 Rears, PSW505 sub

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Bd D7000 3d Blu Ray Disc Player Silver , Samsung Bd D6500 Za D6500 Serivce Blue Ray Disc Player 3d Stereo
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page