Samsung D series FBr fix discussion - Page 32 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #931 of 1617 Old 04-04-2012, 03:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So safe to say nothing can be done without an engineer.

Assuming they replace the logic board, then I'll be back to square one, but I'll suffer the pops rather than avoid another occurrence.

Thanks for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd View Post

magenta on white background means green misfires.

It's not the voltage levels if you have a 51" because those can't be changed in firmware, only via analog adjustments on the boards for this size display. If you notice that's it's worse when the set is first turned on relative to a good warming up period then it is definitely related to the timing signals though. The only way to correct that is to replace the logic board to restore original timing signals or open up the back and adjust the reset level timing (not for novices).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #932 of 1617 Old 04-04-2012, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCoops View Post

So safe to say nothing can be done without an engineer.

Assuming they replace the logic board, then I'll be back to square one, but I'll suffer the pops rather than avoid another occurrence.

Thanks for your help.

I would not tell them that you applied the logic board update since they could claim that was unauthorized for your display. Without that information they are more likely to replace the entire panel.

-----

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #933 of 1617 Old 04-04-2012, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Before calling Samsung try a simple reset -- holding down the power button on the TV until it reboots. If that doesn't work, try a factory reset from the service menu.

I had a similar problem not long after I got my 54D7000 last May long before I applied the logic update and a reset solved it.

Larry
post #934 of 1617 Old 04-04-2012, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks for that tip Larry - I hope it's that simple. In the meantime I've added a cautionary note to the first post.

-----

post #935 of 1617 Old 04-04-2012, 04:35 PM

Larry, which reset worked for you?

Power button reset, no success.

Will attempt Service Menu reset tomorrow. I'm assuming I use the emulator again?

Sorry for being the exception here folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryInRI View Post

Before calling Samsung try a simple reset -- holding down the power button on the TV until it reboots. If that doesn't work, try a factory reset from the service menu.

I had a similar problem not long after I got my 54D7000 last May long before I applied the logic update and a reset solved it.

Larry

post #936 of 1617 Old 04-04-2012, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

You don't need the emulator to perform a service menu factory reset. For your UK model: Pwr off > Info > Menu > Mute > Pwr on.

The factory reset is the first item under Option.

Be aware that all your user menu items will be reset also. Make sure you note them beforehand.

Larry
post #937 of 1617 Old 04-04-2012, 05:09 PM

No success with the factory reset.

Quite possible there was an underlying issue with the unit. Ah well. As stated earlier the electronics retailer have their own aftercare service so Samsung won't factor into the equation. TV is being picked up Monday. Support centre logged the fault as potential panel failure due to the sudden appearance of 'clusters of red dots'

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryInRI View Post

You don't need the emulator to perform a service menu factory reset. For your UK model: Pwr off > Info > Menu > Mute > Pwr on.

The factory reset is the first item under Option.

Be aware that all your user menu items will be reset also. Make sure you note them beforehand.

Larry

post #938 of 1617 Old 04-04-2012, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCoops View Post

No success with the factory reset.

Quite possible there was an underlying issue with the unit. Ah well. As stated earlier the electronics retailer have their own aftercare service so Samsung won't factor into the equation. TV is being picked up Monday. Support centre logged the fault as potential panel failure due to the sudden appearance of 'clusters of red dots'

sounds good, let us know how it goes. I had the same thought regarding the possibility that the set was near the edge of some engineering tolerance.

-----

post #939 of 1617 Old 04-04-2012, 11:31 PM

Liked: 11
Sounds like Yrr pot too far clockwise. If some pots, or only the yrr, where adjusted wrong from the start it is possible that the new logicboard fw makes it necessary to readjust Yrr or other pots.
You can try this if service can't fix it, or won't do it.
post #940 of 1617 Old 04-05-2012, 09:19 AM

Hi there, I hope someone can help me with this.
I have a PN59D6500 canadian and I'm wondering if the procedure is going to work.
Any help will be much appreciated.
Thank you.
post #941 of 1617 Old 04-05-2012, 11:43 AM

Hi gents,

I have a 64D7000 being delivered on Tuesday, just ordered through amazon last week and coming from Pauls TV FYI. Im ajust wondering is my TV automatically going to have this problem and should I just plan on doing the fix right away, or is there a chance it might be ok? I would rather do it during the set up for sake of ease if needs to be done, but Im a little nervous messing with a brand new TV. Any thoughts? This is my first plasma. Thanks so much for the help everyone.
post #942 of 1617 Old 04-05-2012, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubitocan View Post

Hi there, I hope someone can help me with this.
I have a PN59D6500 canadian and I'm wondering if the procedure is going to work.
Any help will be much appreciated.
Thank you.

yes, it will work on your TV.

@192darkhorse - I would say that if you don't notice a problem leave it alone. If you decide to update later it won't change any of your settings.

-----

post #943 of 1617 Old 04-05-2012, 01:27 PM

Hi Zoyd, thanks for replying.
I'll try tonight and see how it goes.
One question, when you say Activating the service menu will reset the USER menu settings so write those down) where's the user menu info? Sorry I'm new on this and still learning hehe. Thank you again.
post #944 of 1617 Old 04-05-2012, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

That's contrast/brightness etc. when you hit "menu" on the remote. If you have those set to your liking you'll want to write them down so you can re-enter them later.

-----

post #945 of 1617 Old 04-05-2012, 03:26 PM

ok I'm there I have the menu on tv, panel ds sw version 11-05-06 also it says logic connect off should it be on?
post #946 of 1617 Old 04-05-2012, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

ok I'm there I have the menu on tv, panel ds sw version 11-05-06 also it says logic connect off should it be on?

no, you can leave that field alone, just do the usb upload.

-----

post #947 of 1617 Old 04-05-2012, 04:24 PM

Done! upgraded all good. Any link for recommended calibration settings? Thanks a lot.
post #948 of 1617 Old 04-05-2012, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Try one of LarryInRI's settings from D7000/8000 settings thread, it might look good on the 6500. Otherwise check out this thread.

-----

post #949 of 1617 Old 04-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Has the " fix. " worked on the D units?

Panny 55St60
Panny 55St50(gaming)
Sony 55 NX720
Samsung 42 Hpt(Plasma)
Panny 32Viera LCD (TX)
Klipsch surround
Denon HDMI Receiver
Bose Solo
Playstation4(BF4,Madden,Ghosts,NFS,KZ,FIFA)
XBox360
Ipad 1 & 2
Iphone 5S
post #950 of 1617 Old 04-05-2012, 06:03 PM

Hi there I just did it for my PN59D6500 and it worked
post #951 of 1617 Old 04-06-2012, 10:14 AM

hi guys, I was wondering where can I find info for connecting my tv to a yamaha receiver, I can't get audio through the hdmi wire, should I use the optical as well? I thought this one was able to pass audio to the receiver. thanks in advance.
post #952 of 1617 Old 04-06-2012, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:

hi guys, I was wondering where can I find info for connecting my tv to a yamaha receiver, I can't get audio through the hdmi wire, should I use the optical as well? I thought this one was able to pass audio to the receiver. thanks in advance.

I'm assuming you're trying to pass audio from the display to the receiver through HDMI via ARC. You need to be sure you have ARC enabled on both devices, and you need to select the correct source at the receiver.

FYI: This is a thread about FBr on Samsung D series displays. It's really not the place for setup questions. You can find much more help by posting in a thread related to your issue or making a new one.

I'm not into "thumbs upping" or "liking". Don't take it personally. Just assume that I found your post helpful. Unless it wasn't.
post #953 of 1617 Old 04-06-2012, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicFlair View Post

Has the " fix. " worked on the D units?

Ric! Did you check the thread title or read the first post? C'mon man!
post #954 of 1617 Old 04-08-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd View Post

sounds good, let us know how it goes. I had the same thought regarding the possibility that the set was near the edge of some engineering tolerance.

So the TV is getting picked up tomorrow, but bizarrely the issue has improved. The magenta dots are still visible but not as excessive as previously noted. Nothing shows up at all in 3D.

Will still have it looked over but hopefully it's just a minor adjustment required and all will be well.
post #955 of 1617 Old 04-14-2012, 07:33 AM

I finally figured out why I was still seeing flickers, nasty ones, after applying the FBr fix. I do like 90% of my viewing through my HTPC, and it turns out by default, it enables "Dynamic Contrast" and a bunch of other crap on my Radeon graphics card. Once I disabled that, my flickers went away. I had a feeling it might of been something like that, because I didn't remember seeing many flickers elsewhere, after I applied the FBr fix.
post #956 of 1617 Old 04-14-2012, 02:24 PM

I did the logic upgrade showed upgrading then success then rebooted. now my tv turns on with No video only audio.
my tv is the pn59d6500 had firmware 1015
can anyone help me bring it back to life or is it brick?
post #957 of 1617 Old 04-14-2012, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
Well, that's a first. Not sure what else you can do now with no picture, maybe a reset (with TV on) by holding Exit for 15 seconds, followed by left arrow and enter. If all else fails, I would file a service request with Samsung and not mention the logic upgrade, if your conscience allows.
post #958 of 1617 Old 04-14-2012, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member

As Hiker said, this is a first.

How about a bit more information? What type video input are you using? Is your audio separated from your video? In other words, are you feeding the audio to an amplifier and the video directly to the TV? What are your sources? Does it happen with all sources? Have you tried connecting the video to another input?

Any detail that you can add would be of help to us.

Larry
post #959 of 1617 Old 04-14-2012, 10:21 PM

HDMI 1 is my HD Cable box Audio only NO video
HDMI 2 is my Blueray
HDMI3 is my WD MEDIA
HDMI4 is my Laptop
All input are blacked out No video.
Tried ALL inputs same respond.
tv powers up but NO video can't see anything tried the "holding exit button on remote for 15 seconds followed by left arrow and enter" NO SUCCESS
Does this mean I need to call for service can anyone help thanks in advance
post #960 of 1617 Old 04-15-2012, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

themagic,

If you live in the U.S. and if the TV still is under warranty, simply contact Samsung and tell them that you have no video on all inputs and that the audio is fine.

Use the Samsung web site and fill out a service request on the Support page. It's faster and more efficient than talking to a representative. A service technician will call within 24 hours to schedule an appointment.

Larry
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Bd D7000 3d Blu Ray Disc Player Silver , Samsung Bd D6500 Za D6500 Serivce Blue Ray Disc Player 3d Stereo
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page