Samsung D series FBr fix discussion - Page 55 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1621 of 1626 Old 11-29-2015, 03:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-- View Post
I just ran into this problem, I cannot access the service menu with the remote emulator on 1017. I also cannot downgrade the firmware because the method mentioned uses a dns redirect but those severs seem to be long gone. Any ideas. Thx
I would like to know this as well. My software version is 001018 and if I can't downgrade to a previous firmware am I just out of luck? I bought the TV second hand and I didn't know about the brightness pops, but they are very distracting.

Does anyone know if there is a way for me to still fix these brightness pops? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 1626 Unread 12-08-2015, 11:57 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by assm0de View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by zoyd

That happened for some other users with EU firmware too. They fixed it by adjusted the ADC/WB settings. Specifically the 2nd_RGB_H values, try raising or lower all three of those together to increase peak white.

Thanks. I tried raising them but then that left me with discolouration of 100IRE which I had to reduce contrast to get rid of, and by then I was back to square 1 in terms of picture level. Also the grey ramp looked really off, there was all sorts of funky colour in there. So I ended up setting cell light and contrast to maximum, and then lowering RGB_H to produce 130cd/m2. This seems to produce a better result in terms of grey scale linearity. But, the 10 point control is now out of whack, 50 affects 60, 60 affects 70, 80 affects 90+100. It's a real mess, and basically impossible to get the calibration to sit right.

So then I tried doing the ADC auto calibration using the ANSI pattern and the one janos666 provided, but neither work (says "failed" in service menu). Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I get a little magenta square in the middle of the screen.

It seems the TV is kind of screwed up now after having loaded firmware version 1026. I wish I had seen that thread on AVforums before having installed it. Oh well, I wasn't really that happy with the TV anyway due to its problem with red saturation. Basically if I plot red saturation from 10-100IRE it is all over the place. 10IRE is severely undersaturated (half way to white) then by 50IRE its wayy oversaturated, then by 100IRE its back to normal saturation. Luminance is fine, just the saturation is f*$%@ed. I think the internal tables are screwed up. It was always like that from new, although the firmware 1025 did improve it somewhat. I don't think the higher end models have that issue with red saturation. Thinking of ditching this TV and maybe picking up a bargain bin 51D550 for pot tweaks + FBr fix?
So it did the Logic Board update yesterday with my 64D8000 Euro Model.

The fix works. I am pretty happy not seeing anymore that irritating pops.

BUT....

I have the same problem like Assm0de got. 10point WB control is offset. 5WB adjusts 40IRE, 4WB adjusts 30IRE and on. Even that i did not play with the 2nd RGB values in the service menu. Nevertheless this shift i was able to adjust my WB.

Definitely I also had a loss of Peak White right after the update, but doing a HDMI Calibration at the SM brought me back to normal cdm output.

Anyway I have also another problem I think that was created by the LB update. I think it also brings a loss in the low end luminance. Unfortunately I did not do a Luminance check before the update and it is also my first Tv I adjusted. Maybe it is normal and the Tv just has this bad low end luminance. I don't know.

But for my opinion the dark scene has a lot of missing details. Even with the TV almost perfect calibrated with brightness, contrast and gamma.

My dE average at 25% luminance sweeps is 3,5
My dE average at 50% luminance sweeps is 2,3

Does anyone has a idea or knows how to maybe adjust only the low end luminance at the SM? I am happy for any tips.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lumi Check Ted ITU.BD Calibrated to 100:75 .jpg
Views:	22
Size:	173.0 KB
ID:	1106682   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sat Check with 100 Stim Setting Ted ITU.BD Calibrated to 100:75 and 100:100 Pattern.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	180.4 KB
ID:	1106690   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sat Check with 75 Stim Setting Ted ITU.BD Calibrated to 100:100 and 100:75 Pattern.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	191.6 KB
ID:	1106698  
post #1623 of 1626 Unread 12-22-2015, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd View Post
NOTICE

It has recently been confirmed that the method described below for updating the logic board firmware using the factory remote emulator has been blocked by Samsung as of FW version 1016.2 on the D7000. If you'd like to use this method do not update to the most recent firmware for your display. Note that if you decide to downgrade it is recommended that you do so from version 1026(D8000) and 1016(D7000/6900/6500)  to avoid getting stuck on version 1010(D8000) or 1013(D7000/6900/6500). 

Update: 06/15/12
Hi Zoyd...sorry to bother you here, but I couldn't find a post from you relative to my question and couldn't PM you directly.

I wanted to ask about your WASHER file for removing IR. I downloaded it thanks to Larry...am using it now....wanted to know what was the reasoning behind it with the single white rectangle bar and how it might work differently than the Samsung 5300/8500 Scrolling Function.

Thanks....

P.S. It appears to "end" after 5 minutes....is that how long you should use it ? It doesn't appear to run on a continuous loop like the Scroll Function. Just keep doing it for hours even though it ends after 5 minutes ?
post #1624 of 1626 Unread 12-22-2015, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 1131 Post(s)
Liked: 886
post #1625 of 1626 Unread 01-25-2016, 08:11 PM
G--

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaberEdge View Post
I would like to know this as well. My software version is 001018 and if I can't downgrade to a previous firmware am I just out of luck? I bought the TV second hand and I didn't know about the brightness pops, but they are very distracting.

Does anyone know if there is a way for me to still fix these brightness pops? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Can someone please answer this question?
post #1626 of 1626 Unread 01-26-2016, 05:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 1131 Post(s)
Liked: 886
You can ask on the samygo.tv forums but I don't think there are any downgrade paths available for D series. Your only option would be to replace the mainboard and hope it has a lower firmware on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Bd D7000 3d Blu Ray Disc Player Silver , Samsung Bd D6500 Za D6500 Serivce Blue Ray Disc Player 3d Stereo
Gear in this thread