Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 1288 Old 06-12-2012, 09:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuddles View Post

Okay, can people provide some insight on exactly how bad the reflection/glare is with this set? It is basically the one and only concern of whether I go with this television or a similar LCD.
Where my television is currently located, there is a large window on the left side, and I usually have a light on during the evening on the right side (although so far to the right it would not be directly in the view of the television. While I usually watch most of my content in the late afternoon or early evening, I'm not a big fan of watching content in complete darkness.
People keep saying "reasonable light control" but I honestly don't know whether my living room even fits the bill.
I originally considered plasma because I almost always watch film and occasionally play games so it seemed to be the most ideal choice, but now all this talk about glare has me wondering if it won't work out. I cannot get this model locally so it will be a real bitch to return if it turns out being a problem.

Kuddles I have my LG 60PA6500 in my den that has over 8ft of windows on its left along with a table lamp on its left also. Due to the light not being directly in front of the TV I have experienced ZERO glare. From how you described your room with its TV to light source relation I think you will be very pleased with this Plasma being in your home.

Gerald:cool:cool.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 1288 Old 06-12-2012, 10:01 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb1213 View Post

I am sorry
but I need to say i am very very dissapointed in my new 50PA6500 (compared to my 50PK550 from 2010)mad.gif
- screen is greenish when turned off (ugly)
- blacks are way worse , grey even ! (+tuning pots was only a very little bit possible , but still worse than my tuned PK550)
- glare is worse than the PK550
- jidder is visible !
- the razor frame border is fake there is also a 1 cm black border on the tv visible , which makes it almost the same as the PK550 border
the only thing that seems better is the bleeding (no line bleeding anymore) and the colors (more vivid)
I'm glad I bought it at a good price
on the PK550 I managed to turn the xvYCC mode to off , but on this one I can't change it
I remember it changed the blacks a lot (lower)
does anyone know how to force this off (it's now on automatic and I can't change it)

Can u do compare to pk550 (side by side pictures) of black level ?
post #273 of 1288 Old 06-12-2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwalker1982 View Post

Could you tell me these settings? And is it for movies only or gaming too?

Sorry Moonwalker1982 I have not been on here for a few days now ..... To busy enjoying my TV .. smile.gif

Here are the setting that I used to get my TV to where I am very pleased with its picture. I too tried the settings posted on Amazon in one of its reviews.
The skin tones just was not working for me with those settings but these below was exactly what I wanted.

Hope This Helps!!!

Originally Posted by KAB53

After not liking the Amazon settings, I came up with some SIMPLE settings that I'm pretty happy with so far:

Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Energy Saving: Off
Picture Mode: Expert 1 or 2
Contrast: 83
Brightness:60
H. Sharp: 10
V. Sharp: 10
Color: 48
Tint: 0

Expert control

Dynamic Contrast: Off
Noise Reduction: Off
Gamma: Medium
Black Level: Low
Color Gamut: Standard
Edge Enhancement: Off
Color Temp: Medium
Method: 2 Point
Pattern: Outer
Red: 14
Green: -12
Blue: -10

NO COLOR MANAGEMENT
Everything should be "0"

Thanks for sharing. I'm digging these settings more so than those from Amazon. I did up the sharpness (both horizontal and vertical) to 22 - the default of 10 was just a little too soft for me.

Noticeable difference when doing some quick A/B comparisons with these settings on Exp 1 and Amazon's on Exp 2; skin tones esp. look more natural.

- Jim
post #274 of 1288 Old 06-12-2012, 10:38 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadajo View Post

Can u do compare to pk550 (side by side pictures) of black level ?

You will not see it on the pictures anymore (bad camera) before the tuning it was clear
but where my Tuned PK550 was almost black in a dark room (barely visible the tv was on, really !)
the PA6500 was clearly dark grey in a completely dark room.
I also tuned the PA6500 pot's but I can't get to the same dark blacks as the PA6500
I do need to say the dithering is less on the PA6500 and the shadow detail is a lot better on the PA6500
so overal the PA6500 is better (I'll tune the PA6500 a bit more in a few months when he has at least 500 H play time)

I am at half the Ramp_dn now, so a lot to turn but unfortunitely already red spekkles (only on the lower 5cm of the screen , weird)
I set (via IRE expert setting all the IRE0 values to -50 but that doesnt change anything
+ the screen doesnt get any blacker under brightness 50. (so I keep it at brightness 50)

ciao
Renzo
post #275 of 1288 Old 06-12-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghice View Post

Kuddles I have my LG 60PA6500 in my den that has over 8ft of windows on its left along with a table lamp on its left also. Due to the light not being directly in front of the TV I have experienced ZERO glare. From how you described your room with its TV to light source relation I think you will be very pleased with this Plasma being in your home.
Gerald:cool:cool.gif
Hmmm...I guess this is just worrying me because for every person who says the reflection on the PA6500 is barely noticeable, others say it is so bad it's endlessly distracting. But I guess that's the way it is all the time with opinions. I've all but assumed that I should be going for an LCD screen, although I wonder if the input lag and motion blur will bother me more.
post #276 of 1288 Old 06-12-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:

Hmmm...I guess this is just worrying me because for every person who says the reflection on the PA6500 is barely noticeable, others say it is so bad it's endlessly distracting. But I guess that's the way it is all the time with opinions. I've all but assumed that I should be going for an LCD screen, although I wonder if the input lag and motion blur will bother me more.

The reflection is very very bad (like a mirror when there is light directly onto the TV !
when there is no direct light it's still visible.
post #277 of 1288 Old 06-12-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:

Your so right on with the quote on everyone having their on opinions. But please hear me when I say that the light sources in the room my Plasma TV is in doesn't create any kind of distraction while watching TV. But lets for argument sake say it does have a little glare from the light in the room. I know for sure that the motion blur and input lag with a LCD/LED TV would bother me a lot more that a little glare would.

That is my opinion ..... smile.gif
post #278 of 1288 Old 06-13-2012, 05:32 AM

Liked: 21
I don't know what it is, but maybe after using the Toshiba LCD and going back to plasma i was expecting something impossible. What i mean is...the motion is clearly worlds apart on the LG plasma compared to the Toshiba LCD, but i still see motion blur, if that's how you call it. Let's take Uncharted 3 for example right now...if i turn the camera around slowly, it's all good, everything looks crisp and clear. But as soon as i turn the camera aruond faster i get motion blur, i see a pillar for example and if i turn the camera slowly it's fine, if i do it faster..i'm starting to see the pillar double, almost like...ghosting maybe? But then...this IS a 60 inch screen, everything that you normally wouldn't see so clear on a much smaller screen, gets clearly visible here. Unless it's the plasma itself. My friend who has a Samsung E8000 never complaints about this stuff, but maybe he just doesn't see it or isn't bothered by it. It's the same with Skyrim on 360. It probably isn't motion blur, it's just the game, and because the tv is so big, you see those things much faster. I highly doubt a E8000 or E6500 would make a huge difference.
TibFr likes this.
post #279 of 1288 Old 06-13-2012, 06:50 AM

Quote:

You will not see it on the pictures anymore (bad camera) before the tuning it was clear
but where my Tuned PK550 was almost black in a dark room (barely visible the tv was on, really !)
the PA6500 was clearly dark grey in a completely dark room.
I also tuned the PA6500 pot's but I can't get to the same dark blacks as the PA6500
I do need to say the dithering is less on the PA6500 and the shadow detail is a lot better on the PA6500
so overal the PA6500 is better (I'll tune the PA6500 a bit more in a few months when he has at least 500 H play time)
I am at half the Ramp_dn now, so a lot to turn but unfortunitely already red spekkles (only on the lower 5cm of the screen , weird)
I set (via IRE expert setting all the IRE0 values to -50 but that doesnt change anything
+ the screen doesnt get any blacker under brightness 50. (so I keep it at brightness 50)
ciao
Renzo

I had a PZ250 (2011) and could achieve darker blacks with the pots, but overall the PA6500 was much better.
Especially in shadow details and details in the dark.

The PA6500 has less margin with the pots, it seems as if they're almost spot on.
I can achieve much deeper blacks with the PA6500 by cranking the Dn full clockwise, but I get a horrible pink mist all over the screen.

I found no way to reduce those or make those disappear, not mentioning the cold start was terrible (pixel misfire, pink mist, etc..).

It's a good thing, because it means LG did a better job in the first place.

I'm stock again now on my PA6500 and it looks really good, the overall PQ is much better than my PZ250.
post #280 of 1288 Old 06-13-2012, 11:09 AM

LG plasma's are known for their impressive motion technology, right? I just want to know if its like this on a Samsung plasma as well, it could be me, but i really notice motion blur however i must call it. It's probably the game itself and a different brand tv wouldn't make a difference..but i'd like to be sure.

To be 100% sure i should probably take my console with me and try it out on a Samsung E8000 or E6500. Just to put my mind at ease. And i just don't get it that my friend with a E8000 claims that his tv has NO flaws at all, he says he sees no banding, no motion blur, no problems at all, perfection.

AH HELL NO! I can't believe this. I decided to put some break--in images on a USB stick and plug it into the LG. I put on a white background and a grey one...and i can't believe what i saw. Very visible vertical banding but also...a freaking GREEN TINGE...the white simply ain't 100% white, it has green stuff mixed through it, i guess that's the best explanation. These two things are the reason i eventually returned my VT30. Only difference was that i clearly saw the green tinge and vertical banding constantly in my gaming...and i'm happy to say i dont see the green stuff in my gaming now....and sometimes at certain parts in games i see banding.
post #281 of 1288 Old 06-13-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:

LG plasma's are known for their impressive motion technology, right? I just want to know if its like this on a Samsung plasma as well, it could be me, but i really notice motion blur however i must call it. It's probably the game itself and a different brand tv wouldn't make a difference..but i'd like to be sure.
To be 100% sure i should probably take my console with me and try it out on a Samsung E8000 or E6500. Just to put my mind at ease. And i just don't get it that my friend with a E8000 claims that his tv has NO flaws at all, he says he sees no banding, no motion blur, no problems at all, perfection.
AH HELL NO! I can't believe this. I decided to put some break--in images on a USB stick and plug it into the LG. I put on a white background and a grey one...and i can't believe what i saw. Very visible vertical banding but also...a freaking GREEN TINGE...the white simply ain't 100% white, it has green stuff mixed through it, i guess that's the best explanation. These two things are the reason i eventually returned my VT30. Only difference was that i clearly saw the green tinge and vertical banding constantly in my gaming...and i'm happy to say i dont see the green stuff in my gaming now....and sometimes at certain parts in games i see banding.

If you look at your screen frenetically looking for defects, you're going to find some.
This is plasma tech, no panel is perfect.

Play and watch movies, if nothing bothers you to a certain extend from your normal viewing distance then all is fine.
If your experience is ruined by something, then you need to either exchange it or move on to another plasma.

You also need to gauge your expectations with the price, I honestly can't complain for 800$.
From my viewing distance I'm having a good experience.

PS: i experienced the green tinge too on my PZ250, especially while running the slides, those things make the defects pop up.
It mysteriously disappeared after +100 hours, that's all I know. Give a bit of time for the screen to settle.

But honestly, if you can't notice if during normal viewing then it shouldn't be an issue.
post #282 of 1288 Old 06-14-2012, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brody76 View Post

If you look at your screen frenetically looking for defects, you're going to find some.
This is plasma tech, no panel is perfect.
Play and watch movies, if nothing bothers you to a certain extend from your normal viewing distance then all is fine.
If your experience is ruined by something, then you need to either exchange it or move on to another plasma.
You also need to gauge your expectations with the price, I honestly can't complain for 800$.
From my viewing distance I'm having a good experience.
PS: i experienced the green tinge too on my PZ250, especially while running the slides, those things make the defects pop up.
It mysteriously disappeared after +100 hours, that's all I know. Give a bit of time for the screen to settle.
But honestly, if you can't notice if during normal viewing then it shouldn't be an issue.

Trust me, i didn't go looking for defects. smile.gif. At first glance during the first few days i didn't see a thing, but i then started to play Skyrim and Tomb Raider, games that both have a very clear and bright sky, and i noticed the banding right away. Also while playing Uncharted while swimming underwater. The green tinge however, i don't notice that during my games, so that's fine. It only got worse for the VT30 though, so i guess i'm fearing that that will happen with this one too, but that doesn't have to be the case at all. Before i went to sleep, i decided to run the pioneer screenwasher(scrolling bar) from USB on the tv, and after that i fired up Skyrim again and i didn't really notice any banding anymore. I even went to sit really close to the screen to check for the banding if it was really gone. It was...so if it means i'm gonna have to run this scrolling bar once a day or so and it's fine, then i'm good. I didn't pay 800 dollars for mine, mine was around 1220 euros, still for a 60 inch screen a really nice price.
post #283 of 1288 Old 06-14-2012, 07:34 AM

Quote:

Trust me, i didn't go looking for defects. smile.gif. At first glance during the first few days i didn't see a thing, but i then started to play Skyrim and Tomb Raider, games that both have a very clear and bright sky, and i noticed the banding right away. Also while playing Uncharted while swimming underwater. The green tinge however, i don't notice that during my games, so that's fine. It only got worse for the VT30 though, so i guess i'm fearing that that will happen with this one too, but that doesn't have to be the case at all. Before i went to sleep, i decided to run the pioneer screenwasher(scrolling bar) from USB on the tv, and after that i fired up Skyrim again and i didn't really notice any banding anymore. I even went to sit really close to the screen to check for the banding if it was really gone. It was...so if it means i'm gonna have to run this scrolling bar once a day or so and it's fine, then i'm good. I didn't pay 800 dollars for mine, mine was around 1220 euros, still for a 60 inch screen a really nice price.

Can you explain what you mean when say you are seeing - BANDING - on your TV and what it looks like. I have no idea what that is.

Thanks
Gerald cool.gif
post #284 of 1288 Old 06-14-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:

Can you explain what you mean when say you are seeing - BANDING - on your TV and what it looks like. I have no idea what that is.
Thanks
Gerald cool.gif

Vertical lines basically.....it's not that they are incredibly visible but enough to annoy me. However, after i have put a Pioneer screenwasher on a USB stick and into the tv and let it run for awhile..it seems to be gone now.
post #285 of 1288 Old 06-14-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:

Vertical lines basically.....it's not that they are incredibly visible but enough to annoy me. However, after i have put a Pioneer screenwasher on a USB stick and into the tv and let it run for awhile..it seems to be gone now.

Can you provide a link to that screen washer?

Thanks...
post #286 of 1288 Old 06-14-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:

Thanks
Gerald cool.gif

As an example, this is some heavy banding :

You can see ghost lines basically.
post #287 of 1288 Old 06-14-2012, 04:25 PM

Liked: 17
Try a known good HDMI cable. Or a 1.3 (?) one., instead of a 1.2 one (in case it doesn't have gold fingers or ferrite beads on the ends).
post #288 of 1288 Old 06-14-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallijonn View Post

Try a known good HDMI cable. Or a 1.3 (?) one., instead of a 1.2 one (in case it doesn't have gold fingers or ferrite beads on the ends).

A 1.3 could make a difference over a 1.2, but the price and brand doesn't matter at all.
A 100$ HDMI cable will have the same performances as a 5$ cable.

I heard some peoples had judder with a 1.2, changed for a 1.3 and judder disappeared.
post #289 of 1288 Old 06-15-2012, 09:06 AM

Hi all,

I've been lurking and reading this thread because I was wanting to buy a large plasma. After reading your thoughts I went and bought the 60Pa6500 and I have configured it as suggested here. I can't seem to change the blacks to "low" though - the options is greyed out and set to auto. Can anyone tell me how to sort that out?

I just want to thank you all for the great info you have provided - it gave me confidence to go and buy this TV and I'm very happy with it. Can't complain about the price either!

Cheers

Mac.
post #290 of 1288 Old 06-15-2012, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mektarus View Post

Can you provide a link to that screen washer?
Thanks...

You need to put it on a USB stick and connect it to a media player though, it's an ISo file.

Here you go smile.gif

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hpwpbz

It sucks how some games like...Skyrim get real juddery or it's more like motion blurry, the game has always been like that, but on a 50 inch screen alot less noticeable, when u have 60...it's quite noticeable. I really want more 60fps games on console.
post #291 of 1288 Old 06-15-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mactagish View Post

Hi all,
I've been lurking and reading this thread because I was wanting to buy a large plasma. After reading your thoughts I went and bought the 60Pa6500 and I have configured it as suggested here. I can't seem to change the blacks to "low" though - the options is greyed out and set to auto. Can anyone tell me how to sort that out?
I just want to thank you all for the great info you have provided - it gave me confidence to go and buy this TV and I'm very happy with it. Can't complain about the price either!
Cheers
Mac.

Im not at home for a few days so I cant verify, but I believe one or a few of the picture modes grey that out, try another picture mode if you havent already.
post #292 of 1288 Old 06-15-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:

You need to put it on a USB stick and connect it to a media player though, it's an ISo file.
Here you go smile.gif
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hpwpbz

So you just copy it onto a thumb drive and the TV's media player can read it?
post #293 of 1288 Old 06-15-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travbedaman View Post

Im not at home for a few days so I cant verify, but I believe one or a few of the picture modes grey that out, try another picture mode if you havent already.

Exactly, I think you need to be on expert1 or expert2 for it to work.
post #294 of 1288 Old 06-15-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mactagish View Post

Hi all,
Cheers
Mac.

You're welcome, hope you enjoy your new TV smile.gif
post #295 of 1288 Old 06-16-2012, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mektarus View Post

So you just copy it onto a thumb drive and the TV's media player can read it?

No, that's the thing. The tv's media player can't read the ISO file. You need to either connect a laptop, pc or external media player like Western Digital or AC Ryan to it. If you are gonna connect a laptop or pc to it, i recommend downloading a image mounting program.
post #296 of 1288 Old 06-16-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpy2k7 View Post

We've got all the peripherals plugged into the receiver via HDMI and then one HDMI cable going from the receiver to the TV.

I would run my HDMI's to the TV and 1 optical audio out to receiver. I never run hdmi through receiver. I always think it could interfere with the signal or cause some other issue like snyc problems.

After much research and trying a 608740U sharp- which I had alot of issues with, I decided to get a 60pa6500. LED or LCD can't touch plasma especially as far as off angle viewing goes. I am really looking forward to picking it up after work this afternoon. I am going to try the settings I've seen on here to help break it in. I don't think you can beat this tv for the price.
I still have a 5 year old LG plasma 42" that has never given me an issue. I think it was $800.00. I don't watch it alot since it's in the bedroom. I would be curious how many hours are on it. I used to notice slight IR when just changing from the startup screen to say the dvd menu. Just brief retention. Also from Black Bars on movies. I switched the sat box to display gray bars on 4:3 broadcasts. I would run white wash occasionally and orbiter. Since my daughter started using it alot more lately, and watching full screen 95% of the time, I never see any ir anymore. I think the thing has finally broken in and settled down. It still has a great picture and I feel this newest LG should be that much better.
The thing I really like is being able to get a good size tv with a very good PQ at a great price w/o 3d and apps. Have no need for 3d and can get apps on Blu-Ray player.

I wish these companies would stop worrying about 3D and concentrate on R&D for PQ. LG is the only big player that offers one of their top tier sets w/o 3d.
post #297 of 1288 Old 06-16-2012, 01:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan47 View Post

I would run my HDMI's to the TV and 1 optical audio out to receiver. I never run hdmi through receiver. I always think it could interfere with the signal or cause some other issue like snyc problems.

Your method prevents the use of the high-resolution audio tracks on Blu-ray discs.

And depending on the TV in use, it may prevent the pass-through of any surround audio track -- even simple AC3/DD5.1. Instead forcing downmixed 2-channel audio to be passed to your receiver. (I haven't tested whether this applies to the 60PA6500.)

It also is very inconvenient if the TV is wall-mounted, with the HDMI cable(s) running through the wall.
squeakybirnbaum likes this.
post #298 of 1288 Old 06-17-2012, 05:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:

The reflection is very very bad (like a mirror when there is light directly onto the TV !
when there is no direct light it's still visible.

Quote:

Your so right on with the quote on everyone having their on opinions. But please hear me when I say that the light sources in the room my Plasma TV is in doesn't create any kind of distraction while watching TV. But lets for argument sake say it does have a little glare from the light in the room. I know for sure that the motion blur and input lag with a LCD/LED TV would bother me a lot more that a little glare would.
That is my opinion ..... smile.gif

There is definitely some glare if you have lamps, overhead light on fairly directly in front the tv. Just do what you can to eliminate those light sources. I don't think it's that big an issue with indirect ambient lighting.
The glare I can live with because this TV has an incredible picture. The Sharp led that I returned is a joke compared to this TV. I would recommend it to anyone who could give a hoot about 3d or apps. The price point is 1/3 of a 60vt50. I set mine up with the suggested settings on here and have never seen such beautiful color, detail on any TV, especially at this pricepoint. The picture is absolutely stunning. Was watching Shawshank redemption on AMC HD last night and there was a scene where Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman are sitting against a stone wall talking for a long time. The details on the wall were unbelieveable. All kinds of shades of green in the moss, broken mortar in between the stones. Their prison blue uniforms and skin tones were perfect. The blacks on this tv are great. Unless OLED is anywhere close- it's plasma for me. When the wife got home and saw it for the first time she said it was miles better than the LED-LCD which she hated. I just can't believe the picture on this thing- Gorgeous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skriefal View Post

Your method prevents the use of the high-resolution audio tracks on Blu-ray discs.
And depending on the TV in use, it may prevent the pass-through of any surround audio track -- even simple AC3/DD5.1. Instead forcing downmixed 2-channel audio to be passed to your receiver. (I haven't tested whether this applies to the 60PA6500.)
It also is very inconvenient if the TV is wall-mounted, with the HDMI cable(s) running through the wall.

I never thought about losing the high resolution audio. I have always just used dolby 5.1 or dts on my Yammy with klipsch speakers and it sounds good. I may have to do some research and rethink this audio method.
post #299 of 1288 Old 06-17-2012, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan47 View Post

Unless OLED is anywhere close- it's plasma for me.

Same thought here.
post #300 of 1288 Old 06-17-2012, 11:17 AM

Liked: 17
Well, I just couldn't pass up the deal.

I couldn't find the Panasonic 55UT50 anywhere (Fry Electronics, Best Buy, WalMart, Target, Costco and I never got to Sam's Club) and Fry Electronics is having a Father's Day sale on the LG 60PA6500 until Thursday. Price is $899. As I said, I just couldn't pass up the deal...

Costco is selling the LG 60PA6500 for $1099 with a $150 LG rebate until 7 July 2012. So their price is $950. But you have to pay the taxes on $1099. An extra $15 might not matter to you but that may translate into one or two HDMI cables.

Fry Electronics wanted $259 for a 3 year extended warranty. Costco, still adds one year to the manufacturer's warranty. The LG comes with a 1 year parts and labour and 2 years on the panel. Costco does have a "Square Trade" Service plan, which if I had bought the PA6500 at Costco would be $99.99. But even though I bought it at Fry's if I join Costco I have 60 days to apply for the Square Trade service plan. The interesting art is that I bought the TV for $899 and therefore the Square Trade service plan hopefully will be $59.99. ($29.99 for TVs under $500, $59.99 for TVs $500 - $1000, and $99.99 for TVS over $1000). $59.99+$50=109.99. So, conceivably, I can pay $150 less than going through Fry's Electronics extended warranty service plan. Fry's used to charge $399.99 for TVs 60" and over. No way I was going to pay $400 on a $900 TV. But that's what I would have paid had I bought the Panasonic 55ST50 for $1599. Now it's up to $1999. When I considered $1008.99. or $1048.99 vs $1999.99 it was a no-brainer. For that kind of money I could have bought a second 60PA6500 and put it in the master bedroom.

BIG tip on setting brightness:

If you use the Wizard II you could conceivable set it too bright. What happens is that the whole screen becomes pixel-ated. The best way to set the brightness is to put in a 2.35 BD movie on then turn up the brightness until you see the blob effect. You'll immediately know what I am talking about once you do it. Just look closely at the black bars until it "blobs" then turn down the brightness 1 click at a time until the blobs disappear. Now go through the rest of the Wizard II settings, without changing the brightness setting, and you should be close before you have to adjust colour and tint. Go into Expert Mode and turn off Eco savings.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg 60 Inch Pa6500 Plasma Hdtv , Lg 50pa6500 Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - Pa6500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page