Buyers Remorse Panasonic 65st30 - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 71 Old 02-17-2012, 07:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
^^^^ As a matter of fact the ST30 IS NOT A POS as you like to refer to it. Many people say that the ST is an even better deal than the GT as it will yield just about the same PQ. And why are you posting this anyway? Did you just want to start something? If you have a problem with another member in another thread deal with it there. Dont go into other threads spewing hate and venom back and forth.

PS no one really cares how much your paycheck is. And if you make so much money why buy a POS S series HMMMM?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 71 Old 02-17-2012, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 57
This topic should be closed. The original poster realized that the source was bad instead of the TV. S30 vs. ST30 arguments are not helpful.
post #63 of 71 Old 02-17-2012, 08:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

Actually the same core panel is shared among the ST30, GT30, and VT30, but the AR Filter and on-board electronics that they add to the VT30's core panel are different than on the ST30/GT30.

Exactly - which explains why once these sets are properly calibrated, the measurements and MLL are fairly similar amongst all of them especially with the larger sized ones. Lots and lots of ignorance on this forum about this. Too many individuals have the mentality of, "Oh, well this set is $1000 more than that set, therefore it blows it away!". Pure J6P mindset.

post #64 of 71 Old 02-17-2012, 09:27 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by KtrainHurricane View Post

The VT series has a different panel than the ST30/GT30. I am no expert on this subject, but I do remember reading that the ST30 had the same panel as the 2010 VT25. The reason I said "I find that hard to believe" is because if the VT25 is the "newer and better" model when compared to the VT20, and the ST30 has the same panel as that "newer and better" VT25, then it would not really be possible for the VT20 to be "far superior" than the ST30. If A>B and B>C, then A>C must be true...

I don't know what you read but the ST30/GT30 did not use the 2010 VT25 panel - they were new for 2011. Also, the VT20 is the exact same TV as the VT25 - it was a BB exclusive that had the exact same panel but with a different bezel color to differentiate it from the mainstream VT25.

ISF Calibrator D-Nice aquired an early ST30 last year and reported that it's picture quality was "comparable" to that of the VT25 which is actually high praise for the ST30.

As to the ST30 vs S30, i spent a lot of time with both models side by side at Paul's TV last year when both models debuted and due to the ST30's additional color temp settings i was able to get the skin tones much more accurate looking on the ST30 and the S30 was unable to match it. PQ on the ST30 is further improved by using the additional Pro Settings menu that the S30 does not have at all. Also, the ST30 has a much better AR Filter than the S30 - the S30's outer screen is kinda plasticky looking and the reflections in the AR Filter have a sort of "kaleidoscope" effect that is simply not present on the ST30. No contest there. The S30 does look good, but the ST30 is definitely better as it should be.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR605, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #65 of 71 Old 02-17-2012, 10:02 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jass5150 View Post

No one argued with you (other than about uyour trolling the S30 thread) that the S30 panel was "just as good", only that it didn't yield that much better a picture for an extra $400-500. Not everyone buys their sets off the back of a virtual truck from a gray market, floor model reboxer/Amazon affililiate. The price difference from a legitimate retailer is the price most people are refering to, at least in my case. I know some guys who work the docks that could have gotten me the set for $500.

Off topic, but I have to ask. Why do you care so much that people bought the S30? I don't see you trolling the ST/GT/VT threads. You bought what you liked and I'm sure everyone is very happy for you. What point is there in telling others endlessly that the set THEY are happy with is junk? How is that helpful or informative? Why aren't you over in the big dog threads telling them how your bottom of the 3D line POS ST is just as good as their sets? I'm asking because at this point you have been at it for at least a month and it has gone from being amusing to just plain sad.

When I'm done with this set next year, it will go to a family that couldn't otherwise afford a decent set of any size. Frankly, I can buy almost any set on the market from part of what's left in my paycheck. But I don't go around lauding it over people and I don't try to make people feel bad about their purchase. I try to help them make the most of what they have. Maybe you should check your head gear and try to figure out YOUR true motivations for posting here; to help others and discuss, or to bring people down in order to lift yourself up?

Sorry everyone, but I had to get it off my chest. I'm done now and if the mods want to delete this, it's all good. I just figured someone had to say it at least once...

Here here
post #66 of 71 Old 02-17-2012, 10:52 AM

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

I don't know what you read but the ST30/GT30 did not use the 2010 VT25 panel - they were new for 2011. Also, the VT20 is the exact same TV as the VT25 - it was a BB exclusive that had the exact same panel but with a different bezel color to differentiate it from the mainstream VT25.

ISF Calibrator D-Nice aquired an early ST30 last year and reported that it's picture quality was "comparable" to that of the VT25 which is actually high praise for the ST30.

As to the ST30 vs S30, i spent a lot of time with both models side by side at Paul's TV last year when both models debuted and due to the ST30's additional color temp settings i was able to get the skin tones much more accurate looking on the ST30 and the S30 was unable to match it. PQ on the ST30 is further improved by using the additional Pro Settings menu that the S30 does not have at all. Also, the ST30 has a much better AR Filter than the S30 - the S30's outer screen is kinda plasticky looking and the reflections in the AR Filter have a sort of "kaleidoscope" effect that is simply not present on the ST30. No contest there. The S30 does look good, but the ST30 is definitely better as it should be.

Agree with everything you say.. Also the ST series is only at most 300 more then the S30 and its a obvious choice. However people seem to think that the S30 is just as good as a ST30 gets me thinking where they got their knowledge or how they research TVs. Right now the 60 S30 was going for 900+ Tax on sale, the 60 ST30 i have seen as low as 1099+Tax or 1149.00 shipped to the house through amazon price match with no tax...
Well worth the extra 200-300 more to get the ST series.

The 2012 models performance difference between the ST50 and GT50 will be alot different one being the 24,576 Equivalent Steps of Gradation in the GT50.. 2012 , this interests me alot.. However i might still go VT50 and keep it for 2 years just because i would like to use the spectracal software to calibrate thats my option right now. Also i think you are better off probably buying the best bang for your buck TV i.e. ST30 and selling it and buying the next big thing the following year since TV tech gets better every year unless you plan on keeping your tv several years. ..

Craigs list is a good thing Doing increment upgrades at 500-600.00 every year is a more logical way of doing things instead of paying 1200-1500 dollars more on a set i.e. flagship model the might only be slightly better and barely noticeable to the naked eye when watching the tv.
I am sure i can get 900.00 for my 60 ST30 in 3-5 months from now. Thick bezels are old news for 2012 though so i might sell it off right when the GT50 comes out. I am sure the GT50 will perform better then the VT30 minus having the 72hz option for blu-ray...
post #67 of 71 Old 02-17-2012, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jass5150 View Post

No one argued with you (other than about uyour trolling the S30 thread) that the S30 panel was "just as good", only that it didn't yield that much better a picture for an extra $400-500. Not everyone buys their sets off the back of a virtual truck from a gray market, floor model reboxer/Amazon affililiate. The price difference from a legitimate retailer is the price most people are refering to, at least in my case. I know some guys who work the docks that could have gotten me the set for $500.

Off topic, but I have to ask. Why do you care so much that people bought the S30? I don't see you trolling the ST/GT/VT threads. You bought what you liked and I'm sure everyone is very happy for you. What point is there in telling others endlessly that the set THEY are happy with is junk? How is that helpful or informative? Why aren't you over in the big dog threads telling them how your bottom of the 3D line POS ST is just as good as their sets? I'm asking because at this point you have been at it for at least a month and it has gone from being amusing to just plain sad.

When I'm done with this set next year, it will go to a family that couldn't otherwise afford a decent set of any size. Frankly, I can buy almost any set on the market from part of what's left in my paycheck. But I don't go around lauding it over people and I don't try to make people feel bad about their purchase. I try to help them make the most of what they have. Maybe you should check your head gear and try to figure out YOUR true motivations for posting here; to help others and discuss, or to bring people down in order to lift yourself up?

Sorry everyone, but I had to get it off my chest. I'm done now and if the mods want to delete this, it's all good. I just figured someone had to say it at least once...

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink,
Good luck getting your TV at the docks
post #68 of 71 Old 02-17-2012, 09:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIG1001 View Post

Agree with everything you say.. Also the ST series is only at most 300 more then the S30 and its a obvious choice. However people seem to think that the S30 is just as good as a ST30 gets me thinking where they got their knowledge or how they research TVs. Right now the 60 S30 was going for 900+ Tax on sale, the 60 ST30 i have seen as low as 1099+Tax or 1149.00 shipped to the house through amazon price match with no tax...
Well worth the extra 200-300 more to get the ST series.

That's a sweet price. Will amazon match pretty much any price you find online? I've bought receivers from amazon but never anything as big as a tv.
I'm in the same boat as you but I have the 55ST30. I'm wondering if I should upgrade to the 65ST30, wait for the ST50/GT50 or just go for a projector. When I first went from a 40" LCD to a 55" plasma it seemed huge but now I'm wanting something bigger. The ST30 is impressive and I love the pic quality but I wonder how much better the new ones will look.
post #69 of 71 Old 02-18-2012, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpearce023 View Post

That's a sweet price. Will amazon match pretty much any price you find online? I've bought receivers from amazon but never anything as big as a tv.
I'm in the same boat as you but I have the 55ST30. I'm wondering if I should upgrade to the 65ST30, wait for the ST50/GT50 or just go for a projector. When I first went from a 40" LCD to a 55" plasma it seemed huge but now I'm wanting something bigger. The ST30 is impressive and I love the pic quality but I wonder how much better the new ones will look.

I bought mine at FRYS and had amazon price match the tv came to 1149 shipped to the house 60 ST30

Go on frys and see if its still on sale , you have to add the CC and checkout before seeing the price..

Call amazon on monday i think the tv department is closed and they only match tvs nothing else.

anything less then 60" is small for me.. Id wait for the GT50....
post #70 of 71 Old 02-19-2012, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIG1001 View Post

I bought mine at FRYS and had amazon price match the tv came to 1149 shipped to the house 60 ST30

Go on frys and see if its still on sale , you have to add the CC and checkout before seeing the price..

Call amazon on monday i think the tv department is closed and they only match tvs nothing else.

anything less then 60" is small for me.. Id wait for the GT50....

Cool, thanks for the info. I spent a lot of time this weekend reading reviews on the epson 3010 and optoma hd33 and I think I might go with a projector. I have a small room so I might not be able to go bigger than 90" but that's still 35" more than what I have now. That should keep me happy for a little while. I do want to see the new Panasonic's before I make a decision.
post #71 of 71 Old 02-19-2012, 07:44 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_NY View Post

Of course.....im pretty sure its just the size and the quality of fios signal. Blue rays look awesome. The Knicks game looked BRUTAL.

Whew! Good to hear, because I am 3 hours into the 100 hour slides torture-test with my 55ST30, and I would hate to think it's gonna suck

Well, I have read enough to know that it's going to be great. But hopefully my Vancouver Canucks cable content won't look too bad - we'll see!

Cheers!
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page