Official Panasonic ST50 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 295 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2013, 07:21 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 24,868
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtCocain View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethmp View Post

i just ran into the same problem as you. It seems to me like it took the TV a while to recognize the seagate external drive via USB. I have my AVR hooked up through arc. I started a movie that was saved to the seagate and had no sound. All of the sudden my AVR just started playing the sound. I noticed on my AVR display that it picked up Linear PCM and recognized the HDMI cable. As soon as these two popped up on my AVR screen, sound started coming through. So there could be a stting in your AVR that is stopping it from seeing the HDMI cable and not recognizing LPCM.

Hmm and which would be that setting? My AVR is the Denon 2113.
You need to go to the owner's thread for your AVR. They should be able to figure out what is causing your problem. If you have a Blu-ray player, how is it connected?

Denon xx13 Owner's Thread
htwaits is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-08-2013, 07:35 PM
Member
 
HDTBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 113
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallows View Post

Sorry to just jump in but this thread is quiet long.

I just took deliver today on a used-like new 60ST50 from Amazon. The TV is basically new. I don't think any usage aside from maybe being turned on once.

My question is. I just finished watching The Dark Knight after a basic calibration (custom mode) and while the picture is awesome, the blacks just are not what I expected. I would definitely say they are a bit gray. I messed with the settings a bit and everything is pretty much inline with D-Nice's settings, but it doesn't change the way they look.

I know panels settle after 100hours or so, so is it to be expected they will get darker or what?

If I was you I 'd be curious how many viewing hrs already on the set if I bought it used from Amazom.
Over on the website High Def Junkies they give instructions for going into the service menu to get hours used.
Its under Plasma sticky thread.
HDTBill is offline  
Old 02-09-2013, 06:58 AM
Advanced Member
 
Camster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 778
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobi View Post

A disclaimer: I subscribe to the concept that these settings lists should be taken with a grain of salt (or your favorite single malt). I suppose they're no worse than the results you can achieve by eyeballing it with a calibration disc, but there will always be substantial variances from one unit to the next due to the tolerances of the discrete and integrated components that comprise these machines.

Also, my calibration is a work in progress. I am currently pumping out around 22-23fL, and the SMPTE standard says I should aim for 35fL. I suspect that driving the output higher will introduce additional nonlinearities that may not be able to be tamed, even with service menu adjustments.

That said, here you go:

Picture

Picture Mode: Custom
Contrast: +73
Brightness: +57
Color: +45
Tint: +1
Sharpness: +11
Color Temp: Warm2
CATS & Video NR: Off

Pro Settings

Colorspace: Normal
W/B High R: 0
W/B High G: +3
W/B High B: +4
W/B Low R: +10
W/B Low G: -1
W/B Low B: +1

Black Ext: 0
Gamma: 2.4
Panel Brightness: Mid
Contour Emphasis: Off
AGC: 0


Thanks I understand the disclaimer but with no SM adjustments we really can't hurt anything too much. I will give them a try & let you know how they compare on my set. One other thing that is helpful with this is the Gamma for the large sets needs to be 2.4 & not 2.6 like D-Nice had on the 50" which is what you found. He did note later the gamma change on the larger sets too. Thx again for posting this.

Cam
Camster is offline  
Old 02-09-2013, 01:23 PM
Member
 
demonRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: detroit, mi
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
^^^
i found the 2.2 gamma better than the 2.6 as directed a few pages back. sure my eye might be off, but he 2.6g looked too dark. i got my new replacement 55st50 in on thursday. i currently have the color slides playing (on custom mode with NO adjustments), and will continue to run the sides for 200 hrs continous. then i will have BB come out and dial in the color settings. i get it fee with my silver premier membership (if its even work a crap). i also have the cnet specs, as ll as the couple of you who posted your settings. ill try and do a side by side by side by side.

ive been told i have a great eye, i do showcar work for one of the big3 auto companies and i do the inspections (paint) for any defects (scratches in the clear, oddities in the base, anything not show worthy).so its safe to say i have an eye for perfection. but does not compar to a calibration device i supppose.
demonRR is offline  
Old 02-09-2013, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
wattheF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 131
I'm sure its been discussed in detail already but i need some help and dont feel like searching through the thread. My kid just cracked the panel on my 55'' GT50 mad.gif so i need to replace the TV. Here is my question...Do the GT and the ST really have the same PQ? has anyone compared them side by side?

I am thinking about steping up to a 60" and since the VT and ZT are just a dream, I might wait for the 60'' ST60?

thoughts?
wattheF is offline  
Old 02-09-2013, 02:12 PM
Member
 
Thunder_God_Thor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hey folks,

Just wondering in here how well the anti-reflection louvre filter works on this TV. I just returned a U50 plasma as the reflections were so bad and distracting to the viewing experience. It was basically a mirror! I had a 5 year old LCD sitting in the same spot as U50 plasma I returned which showed zero reflections. My sister has a newer LED in her place which shows more reflection then my old LCD but again when the tv is on there is no reflection to be found or distracting to the viewing experience. Regardless, I still want a plasma instead of buying a LED TV. I understand that no plasma will counter reflections like a LCD-LED TV and am willing to live with reflections as long as there not distracting to the viewing experience. Do any owners in here own a LCD-LED & this ST50 plasma maybe share your experience on how well this TV handles reflections ? The ST50 series is about as far as my budget will stretch so I cant really stretch a VT50 but as I understand it the VT50 has even better anti-reflection filter then the GT50 & ST50. Anyhow, thats besides the point as the ST50 is all I can get. The room where the tv is being placed isn't overly bright and I do tend to close the blind's anyways when I watch tv or face them upward. Thanks in advance to anyone that replies, I really appreciate it.
Thunder_God_Thor is offline  
Old 02-09-2013, 05:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
wattheF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Will a 60'' ST50 be too big for viewing from 8-10 feet? My 55'' GT50 can tend to look a bit grainy so i don't want to make that issue look more prominent.
wattheF is offline  
Old 02-09-2013, 06:23 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 24,868
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by wattheF View Post

Will a 60'' ST50 be too big for viewing from 8-10 feet? My 55'' GT50 can tend to look a bit grainy so i don't want to make that issue look more prominent.
If your source material is Blu-ray or HDTV then the answer is no. A 60" 1080p HDTV is fine in the 8' - 10' range. In fact it's ideal.

If you have a good DVD or Blu-ray player upscaling your DVDs, the good DVD transfers will be fine too. What won't be fine are bad DVD transfers and SDTV. Of course that's not the kind of source material that should determine which display you own. wink.gif
htwaits is offline  
Old 02-09-2013, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
wattheF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

If your source material is Blu-ray or HDTV then the answer is no. A 60" 1080p HDTV is fine in the 8' - 10' range. In fact it's ideal.

If you have a good DVD or Blu-ray player upscaling your DVDs, the good DVD transfers will be fine too. What won't be fine are bad DVD transfers and SDTV. Of course that's not the kind of source material that should determine which display you own. wink.gif

Thanks, I do not watch anything that is not HD so I should be good
wattheF is offline  
Old 02-09-2013, 09:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,484
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 436 Post(s)
Liked: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by wattheF View Post

Thanks, I do not watch anything that is not HD so I should be good
My recliner is 8ft from my 60" and I love it. Especially when watching Formula 1 or football.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is online now  
Old 02-10-2013, 12:37 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 24,868
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by wattheF View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

If your source material is Blu-ray or HDTV then the answer is no. A 60" 1080p HDTV is fine in the 8' - 10' range. In fact it's ideal.

If you have a good DVD or Blu-ray player upscaling your DVDs, the good DVD transfers will be fine too. What won't be fine are bad DVD transfers and SDTV. Of course that's not the kind of source material that should determine which display you own. wink.gif

Thanks, I do not watch anything that is not HD so I should be good
When I came home this afternoon my wife was watching our NHL team about 6' from our calibrated 60" display. She was sitting on a big pillow instead of the couch. smile.gif
htwaits is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 07:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,484
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 436 Post(s)
Liked: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

When I came home this afternoon my wife was watching our NHL team about 6' from our calibrated 60" display. She was sitting on a big pillow instead of the couch. smile.gif
Likes hockey does she? smile.gif

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is online now  
Old 02-10-2013, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
wattheF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by wattheF View Post

I'm sure its been discussed in detail already but i need some help and dont feel like searching through the thread. My kid just cracked the panel on my 55'' GT50 mad.gif so i need to replace the TV. Here is my question...Do the GT and the ST really have the same PQ? has anyone compared them side by side?

I am thinking about steping up to a 60" and since the VT and ZT are just a dream, I might wait for the 60'' ST60?

thoughts?

Anyone???
wattheF is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 10:43 AM
Advanced Member
 
Dierkdr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by wattheF View Post

Anyone???

The review consensus answer is "Yes, PQ is equivalent on both panels."

Feature sets vary, of course,
Dierkdr is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 11:54 AM
Member
 
Thunder_God_Thor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder_God_Thor View Post

Hey folks,

Just wondering in here how well the anti-reflection louvre filter works on this TV. I just returned a U50 plasma as the reflections were so bad and distracting to the viewing experience. It was basically a mirror! I had a 5 year old LCD sitting in the same spot as U50 plasma I returned which showed zero reflections. My sister has a newer LED in her place which shows more reflection then my old LCD but again when the tv is on there is no reflection to be found or distracting to the viewing experience. Regardless, I still want a plasma instead of buying a LED TV. I understand that no plasma will counter reflections like a LCD-LED TV and am willing to live with reflections as long as there not distracting to the viewing experience. Do any owners in here own a LCD-LED & this ST50 plasma maybe share your experience on how well this TV handles reflections ? The ST50 series is about as far as my budget will stretch so I cant really stretch a VT50 but as I understand it the VT50 has even better anti-reflection filter then the GT50 & ST50. Anyhow, thats besides the point as the ST50 is all I can get. The room where the tv is being placed isn't overly bright and I do tend to close the blind's anyways when I watch tv or face them upward. Thanks in advance to anyone that replies, I really appreciate it.

Anyone?
Thunder_God_Thor is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 12:19 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 24,868
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

When I came home this afternoon my wife was watching our NHL team about 6' from our calibrated 60" display. She was sitting on a big pillow instead of the couch. smile.gif
Likes hockey does she? smile.gif
She likes the Sharks and her boys. She's 79 and rides the train to the arena wearing her Patrick Marlaeu jersey several times a season. eek.gif
htwaits is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 01:18 PM
Senior Member
 
CLEHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central Ohio via NE Ohio
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Just curious as to why it seems so few, if any, posts allude to comparisons of the ST vs. DLP's or prior ownership of DLP's?

CLEHD is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter
"Don't PM Me Bro"
 
RandyWalters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: El Segundo, Calif
Posts: 17,521
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wattheF View Post

I'm sure its been discussed in detail already but i need some help and dont feel like searching through the thread. My kid just cracked the panel on my 55'' GT50 mad.gif so i need to replace the TV. Here is my question...Do the GT and the ST really have the same PQ? has anyone compared them side by side? I am thinking about stepping up to a 60" and since the VT and ZT are just a dream, I might wait for the 60'' ST60?

Yes, the ST50 and GT50 should have the exact same picture quality in the Custom and Cinema picture modes since both models share the exact same panel, louver filter, and black filter. Will you miss the THX picture modes though?

AVJ has basically said the ST60 is only a very slight improvement in PQ over the ST50 and that the ST50 is the better choice/better deal unless you care about the newer model's extra features and don't mind spending more money. The ST60 is said to have a slightly improved filter too.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
RandyWalters is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Member
 
mlg33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder_God_Thor View Post

Anyone?
Hello,

Of you only watch TV in a very bright room, no, I wouldn't recommend the st50, nor the vt50.
But if, like me, you watch TV during day time, with big windows not hidden with curtains and no direct sun lighting either, the ST50 will do just fine.
And if you have a dark room at night, you will enjoy the picture quality even more.

The only reflection that bothers me is the reflection of a light in my viewing environment.
But be aware the in day light, you will have some reflections. But not as annoying as you said. In my opinion and viewing environment I say.
Thunder_God_Thor likes this.
mlg33 is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 02:17 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 24,868
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEHD View Post

Just curious as to why it seems so few, if any, posts allude to comparisons of the ST vs. DLP's or prior ownership of DLP's?
What's to say? Direct view vs projection? Good viewing angles vs poor viewing angles? Thick vs thin? Wall hung vs table top?

We went from DLP to plasma a little over five years ago. Our son is still using the Samsung DLP RPTV that we started with, and he still enjoys it. Would he swap it for a good plasma? Yep. wink.gif
htwaits is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Member
 
rojimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder_God_Thor View Post

Anyone?

I think its great...better than expected even for me. I have a not overly bright room but it was just fine for watching football games or whatever during the day. I was worried about this myself and can firmly say it is a zero issue to me, no worse than my old CRT 32" in bright sun.
Thunder_God_Thor likes this.
rojimmy is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 02:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jlpowell84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 4,554
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Liked: 269
I had some on and off humming sound coming from my st50. It was brief then quieted down to a constant hum which I imagine is normal. It is connected by one hdmi to my Denon 3313ci. I first noticed it when I ran the Audyssey room calibration system my AVR has. Also the loud on and off hum has only happened when I have run Audssey. I did notice the constant hum grows with increased volume. Like a speaker when you turn it up but have no signal coming to it. You can still hear the static noise. It acts the same way.

PSN ID: Jlpowell84
DIY Sound Group Volt 10 surround speaker build
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1531107/di...axial-speakers
My Setup Thread
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...4-s-setup.html
jlpowell84 is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 05:54 PM
Member
 
Thunder_God_Thor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlg33 View Post

Hello,

Of you only watch TV in a very bright room, no, I wouldn't recommend the st50, nor the vt50.
But if, like me, you watch TV during day time, with big windows not hidden with curtains and no direct sun lighting either, the ST50 will do just fine.
And if you have a dark room at night, you will enjoy the picture quality even more.

The only reflection that bothers me is the reflection of a light in my viewing environment.
But be aware the in day light, you will have some reflections. But not as annoying as you said. In my opinion and viewing environment I say.

^^^^ Thanks for posting. Sounds like reflections might be a problem for me then. I do shut the blinds when I watch TV but there is still plenty of light coming into the room. On the U50 plasma I returned even with the blinds shut I could clearly the "lines" from where the blinds slats were shut and it was very distracting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojimmy View Post

I think its great...better than expected even for me. I have a not overly bright room but it was just fine for watching football games or whatever during the day. I was worried about this myself and can firmly say it is a zero issue to me, no worse than my old CRT 32" in bright sun.

^^^ So not worse then a CRT but it doesn't sound encouraging either, lol. Anyhow, Thanks for posting I appreciate it. Im thinking even the plasma's with anti-reflecting filters just wont work in my space.
Thunder_God_Thor is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 06:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,484
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 436 Post(s)
Liked: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

She likes the Sharks and her boys. She's 79 and rides the train to the arena wearing her Patrick Marlaeu jersey several times a season. eek.gif
biggrin.gif Thats hardcore.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is online now  
Old 02-10-2013, 10:21 PM
Member
 
HDTBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 113
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder_God_Thor View Post

Anyone?

I am pleased with the ST50 reflection handling, but you have to make the call for your room. I was just fiddling with reflections today, seeing if I opened my window blinds and turned lights on it was too bad. Basically ST50 handles reflections very well, but it depends in angle of the light. Off angle lights almost no impact on great picture. However, I have a window with blinds directly behind set. I tried to open the blinds, and see how it looks. In that case I decided keep blinds closed to minimize reflection. Same with lamp on end table of couch, directly behind set. Nicer without that lamp, but other lamps from more oblique angles no problem. You can also see the louver system works by comparing glare on the 1-inch border is brighter than the glare on the screen itself. I am under the impression even new LED's these days have shiney screens ( the matte LED screens of 2011 seem to be out, presumably to get a snappy PQ).
Thunder_God_Thor likes this.
HDTBill is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 11:11 PM
Member
 
Thunder_God_Thor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTBill View Post

I am pleased with the ST50 reflection handling, but you have to make the call for your room. I was just fiddling with reflections today, seeing if I opened my window blinds and turned lights on it was too bad. Basically ST50 handles reflections very well, but it depends in angle of the light. Off angle lights almost no impact on great picture. However, I have a window with blinds directly behind set. I tried to open the blinds, and see how it looks. In that case I decided keep blinds closed to minimize reflection. Same with lamp on end table of couch, directly behind set. Nicer without that lamp, but other lamps from more oblique angles no problem. You can also see the louver system works by comparing glare on the 1-inch border is brighter than the glare on the screen itself. I am under the impression even new LED's these days have shiney screens ( the matte LED screens of 2011 seem to be out, presumably to get a snappy PQ).


Thanks for posting Bill. Your post really helps me out as it gives me details with regards to how the tv is handling reflections based on the position of the light source. Im just sad to say (as I really-really wanted a plasma, specifically the 60" ST50) that based on my room a plasma just wont work. I have two huge windows facing the TV, and I have a light bang centre on the ceiling that stays on a lot. I know what you mean about the newer LED's even having a glossier display compared to the older LCD's as my sisters one year old LED although matte definitely isnt as matte as my 5 year old LCD. Sadly I will have to buy a LED. Im thinking the Samsung 65" EH6000 (sadly $300 more then the ST50 and still not a plasma but at-least its 5" bigger *consolation price i suppose, lol*).
Thunder_God_Thor is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 07:47 AM
 
SeLfMaDe111985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,305
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Sorry for the language
SeLfMaDe111985 is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
p3Orion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 41
How accurate is the hour count in the service menu? I am running the slides and there is a discrepancy between the log I made and the service menu count. My log, which I though was accurate, is showing 1 hour 40 minutes more than the service menu. Which should I follow? If the service menu is 100% accurate I'll follow that, but want to make sure.
p3Orion is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 11:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,484
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 436 Post(s)
Liked: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3Orion View Post

How accurate is the hour count in the service menu? I am running the slides and there is a discrepancy between the log I made and the service menu count. My log, which I though was accurate, is showing 1 hour 40 minutes more than the service menu. Which should I follow? If the service menu is 100% accurate I'll follow that, but want to make sure.
That is interesting but for the sake of the slides it does not have to be that accurate. If you run them 105 hrs it will make no difference.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is online now  
Old 02-11-2013, 01:42 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 24,868
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3Orion View Post

How accurate is the hour count in the service menu? I am running the slides and there is a discrepancy between the log I made and the service menu count. My log, which I though was accurate, is showing 1 hour 40 minutes more than the service menu. Which should I follow? If the service menu is 100% accurate I'll follow that, but want to make sure.
You are in danger of getting too close to a black hole in space. eek.gif
htwaits is offline  
 

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65st50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic , Displays , Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55st50 55 Inch Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P50st50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60st50 Plasma Tv
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off