Official Panasonic ST50 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 31 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #901 of 10001 Old 03-31-2012, 05:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mjpearce023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Little Rock
Posts: 2,489
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl4069 View Post

This sounds rather unfortunate- after all probably 50% of my viewing is of broadcast tv. Does anyone have any thought about this? What about switching the set to 720p? Could it be a settings issue? Or is it just becoming common knowledge that 1080p sets do set show broadcast tv as well as 720p sets? thanks, j

From my experience with the 2011s the Panasonics were a little soft compared to the samsungs. I've watched a good amount of HD on my brothers 59d8000 and I thought the picture was more crispthan my 55ST30. Not much of a difference on blurays though. When I got my 55st30 I compared it too my Samsung LCD a630 and I though the ST looked much better even on HD so I'm not sure what makes the d8000 look better. My brother may just have a better cable signal.
mjpearce023 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #902 of 10001 Old 03-31-2012, 06:04 PM
Member
 
Lance_M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by svgtom View Post

Where on the back panel did you touch it? What I've noticed is that there are certain hot spots. For example, if you're facing the back of the panel and touch the upper right hand corner, you'll probably find that it's quite warm. Other areas won't feel warm at all.

Tom

I went to one best buy and touched the middle and it was cool.


I went to another and and touched the top left hand corner (looking at the set) and it was warm.

After looking at this tv twice today, I am impressed with the brightness of it as well as PQ
Lance_M is offline  
post #903 of 10001 Old 03-31-2012, 06:05 PM
Member
 
Lance_M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpearce023 View Post

From my experience with the 2011s the Panasonics were a little soft compared to the samsungs. I've watched a good amount of HD on my brothers 59d8000 and I thought the picture was more crispthan my 55ST30. Not much of a difference on blurays though. When I got my 55st30 I compared it too my Samsung LCD a630 and I though the ST looked much better even on HD so I'm not sure what makes the d8000 look better. My brother may just have a better cable signal.

Would an upscaling receiver help?
Lance_M is offline  
post #904 of 10001 Old 03-31-2012, 06:08 PM
Advanced Member
 
Yukon Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Yukon, Canada
Posts: 954
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_marxz View Post

btw from time to time I do the slides, the scrolling bar, and WMP visuals at digfferent picture modes hoping it would at least break in the tv and prep the phospors. please advise if its doing any good or if its just a waste of time.

Waste of time. The advice to break-in plasmas stems from calibrators suggesting to do so before a calibration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl4069 View Post

This sounds rather unfortunate- after all probably 50% of my viewing is of broadcast tv. Does anyone have any thought about this? What about switching the set to 720p? Could it be a settings issue? Or is it just becoming common knowledge that 1080p sets do set show broadcast tv as well as 720p sets? thanks, j

I'm assuming most of the difference in softness came from the upgrade in 8".

Yukon Trooper is offline  
post #905 of 10001 Old 03-31-2012, 06:35 PM
Member
 
x_marxz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpearce023 View Post

From my experience with the 2011s the Panasonics were a little soft compared to the samsungs. I've watched a good amount of HD on my brothers 59d8000 and I thought the picture was more crispthan my 55ST30. Not much of a difference on blurays though. When I got my 55st30 I compared it too my Samsung LCD a630 and I though the ST looked much better even on HD so I'm not sure what makes the d8000 look better. My brother may just have a better cable signal.


IMO, I dont think its fair to compare ST30 to D8000 since this is the flagship of samsung and ST30 is panasonics mid range plasma. probably st30 to 6500. although I think panasonics plasma 2011 isnt that good from what I read in diff forums.
x_marxz is offline  
post #906 of 10001 Old 03-31-2012, 06:50 PM
Member
 
Techgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_marxz View Post

IMO, I dont think its fair to compare ST30 to D8000 since this is the flagship of samsung and ST30 is panasonics mid range plasma. probably st30 to 6500. although I think panasonics plasma 2011 isnt that good from what I read in diff forums.

Exactly. Wrong comparsions.
Techgurl is offline  
post #907 of 10001 Old 03-31-2012, 06:51 PM
Member
 
xCREEP1NGDEATHx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So I have decided to try the Samsung PN51E7000 coming in Tuesday in exchange for my ST50.

The only reason I am exchanging is the poor 3d performance of the ST50 (terrible crosstalk/ghosting as bad as first gen 3d tvs imo) and the lack of picture adjustment options. However, if the Samsung is not as good, I would go back to the ST50 without question.

The 2d is very good, better than my old C8000 Samsung and last years D6500. Video games are a joy to play and bright room performance is very good as well. I am very nervous about the exchange but I gotta give the sammy a try because before the ST50 I was a Samsung fan.
xCREEP1NGDEATHx is offline  
post #908 of 10001 Old 03-31-2012, 07:17 PM
Member
 
x_marxz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCREEP1NGDEATHx View Post

So I have decided to try the Samsung PN51E7000 coming in Tuesday in exchange for my ST50.

The only reason I am exchanging is the poor 3d performance of the ST50 (terrible crosstalk/ghosting as bad as first gen 3d tvs imo) and the lack of picture adjustment options. However, if the Samsung is not as good, I would go back to the ST50 without question.

The 2d is very good, better than my old C8000 Samsung and last years D6500. Video games are a joy to play and bright room performance is very good as well. I am very nervous about the exchange but I gotta give the sammy a try because before the ST50 I was a Samsung fan.

What model number is your 3d glasses that you used for your ST50?
Is it ER3D4MU
x_marxz is offline  
post #909 of 10001 Old 03-31-2012, 07:53 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mjpearce023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Little Rock
Posts: 2,489
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_M View Post


Would an upscaling receiver help?

I don't know. I have a Denon 3311 and I can't really tell a difference with the scaler on or off, I know onkyo and pioneer have some receivers with upsacling that's a little better than the Denon but I don't know that it will make a difference. My brother has a denon 2112 that does no upscaling. I just want to be clear in saying the ST30 looks great to me on HD cable but the d8000 just looks slightly better. I haven't seen the st50 yet but it sounds like it has better picture quality than the st30 from the reviews I've read.
mjpearce023 is offline  
post #910 of 10001 Old 03-31-2012, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mjpearce023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Little Rock
Posts: 2,489
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_marxz View Post


IMO, I dont think its fair to compare ST30 to D8000 since this is the flagship of samsung and ST30 is panasonics mid range plasma. probably st30 to 6500. although I think panasonics plasma 2011 isnt that good from what I read in diff forums.

I'm not saying its a fair comparison but it's the only one I can make from seeing the tvs in a home setting. Best buy is such a bad environment that I can't really compare them there. I know that d8000 was quite a bit more which is why I went with the st30 and I'm happy with it. I was just telling the op what I thought would be good to look at if cable is a major concern. Again not seeing the st50 yet I have no idea what it looks like compared to the st30. After seeing my brothers d8000 I did do a little research and I found a few people who said the Panasonics have a softer image but I don't have enough experience with them to make that claim.
mjpearce023 is offline  
post #911 of 10001 Old 03-31-2012, 09:45 PM
Member
 
xCREEP1NGDEATHx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_marxz View Post

What model number is your 3d glasses that you used for your ST50?
Is it ER3D4MU

Yes. The new Panasonic bluetooth glasses
xCREEP1NGDEATHx is offline  
post #912 of 10001 Old 04-01-2012, 01:00 AM
Member
 
jasjw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: England, UK
Posts: 165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hi all,

I've just purchased the ST50 (UK) but cant seem to get access to the colour management when watching SKY TV. The advanced options are turned on, I get gamma control and white balance.

Nevermind I figured it out, Its only available on True Cinema mode.

I do have another question though. How do I access the service menu and view the panel hours?

Cheers

Panasonic ZT65
Onkyo HT-R390
Popcorn hour A-400
SKY HD
Xbox One
Xbox 360
IPAD Air 32GB
Samsung Galaxy S4
Virgin Broadband 120MB
jasjw is offline  
post #913 of 10001 Old 04-01-2012, 05:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dsskid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,719
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by svgtom View Post

Where on the back panel did you touch it? What I've noticed is that there are certain hot spots. For example, if you're facing the back of the panel and touch the upper right hand corner, you'll probably find that it's quite warm. Other areas won't feel warm at all.

Tom

I was going to ask that question. I myself felt the upper left corner.

ISF Calibrator

Pioneer Kuro Elite Pro-111FD
Pioneer Kuro BDP-320

Displays are like 100% cotton t-shirts. Always buy a size larger than you think you'll need, as they tend to shrink over time.
dsskid is offline  
post #914 of 10001 Old 04-01-2012, 07:11 AM
Newbie
 
Nrot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

Long time lurker, (almost) first time poster here... I have a few questions regarding the p50st50b...

Can this TV (and newer HDTV's in general) auto-regulate the sound output? That is, can you modify a setting on the TV to make it automatically increase the volume on a movie when actors whisper, and automatically lower the volume during explosions, and other excessively loud scenes? I'm not sure what this feature is called. Also, would this TV be capable of Picture-In-Picture (PIP)? I've read newer TV's cannot do this since the all digital broadcast changes in 2009, is that the case? I realize with the advent of DVRs and streaming, this isn't has much of an issue as it was in years prior, but I'm still curious if this can be done.

Finally, it seems difficult to get a consistent opinion on the 3D capabilities of the p50st50b. I've read several, widely opposing opinions on crosstalk. CNET says its pretty noticeable, and xCREEP1NGDEATHx points out its really bad in his experience... yet, I've read several reviews which say the 3D is excellent and virtually no cross-talk exists. See this review for example... [Edit]Forums won't let me post a link due to 1st time posting/spammers, you can Google, "TX-P50ST50B avform review" and it should be the first result. There are other reviews which come to the same conclusion. [/EDIT]

Anyone else starting to come to the conclusion it may be an quality control issue, affecting some (but not all) p50st50b's?
Nrot is offline  
post #915 of 10001 Old 04-01-2012, 07:39 AM
Advanced Member
 
mfrey0118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 692
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_marxz View Post

IMO, I dont think its fair to compare ST30 to D8000 since this is the flagship of samsung and ST30 is panasonics mid range plasma. probably st30 to 6500. although I think panasonics plasma 2011 isnt that good from what I read in diff forums.

I know of many 30 series owners that are very happy with their panels. I love my 42" ST30. Will be looking forward to watching it in the bedroom once we can get a 50 series 60" (probably ST) for the living room.
I'll be selling my Sony KDF-50WE655 (current BR panel) at that point.

60" 1080p 3D Plasma Panel
3D 1080p Blu-Ray player
4K 7.2 Channel AVR

mfrey0118 is offline  
post #916 of 10001 Old 04-01-2012, 09:36 AM
Advanced Member
 
maygit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 619
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrot View Post

Hi all,

Long time lurker, (almost) first time poster here... I have a few questions regarding the p50st50b...

Can this TV (and newer HDTV's in general) auto-regulate the sound output? That is, can you modify a setting on the TV to make it automatically increase the volume on a movie when actors whisper, and automatically lower the volume during explosions, and other excessively loud scenes? I'm not sure what this feature is called. Also, would this TV be capable of Picture-In-Picture (PIP)? I've read newer TV's cannot do this since the all digital broadcast changes in 2009, is that the case? I realize with the advent of DVRs and streaming, this isn't has much of an issue as it was in years prior, but I'm still curious if this can be done.

Finally, it seems difficult to get a consistent opinion on the 3D capabilities of the p50st50b. I've read several, widely opposing opinions on crosstalk. CNET says its pretty noticeable, and xCREEP1NGDEATHx points out its really bad in his experience... yet, I've read several reviews which say the 3D is excellent and virtually no cross-talk exists. See this review for example... [Edit]Forums won't let me post a link due to 1st time posting/spammers, you can Google, "TX-P50ST50B avform review" and it should be the first result. There are other reviews which come to the same conclusion. [/EDIT]

Anyone else starting to come to the conclusion it may be an quality control issue, affecting some (but not all) p50st50b's?

A couple of my receivers had this option. I think it was called Night Time mode on my Pioneer and maybe Whisper mode on my Onkyo. Anyway, i don't believe the st50 has such a setting. Best you can do is go into the sound menu and customize your own sound settings. Turn down the bass and up the treble.

maygit is offline  
post #917 of 10001 Old 04-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Member
 
chas51's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
don't know if this is the proper place to ask this question.

I am thinking of buying a TC-P50ST50 from amazon.

could anyone please advise me on extended warranty plans?

should I get one?

should I get it from squaretrade?

or from panasonic?

thanks for any thoughts,
Charlie
chas51 is offline  
post #918 of 10001 Old 04-01-2012, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter
"Don't PM Me Bro"
 
RandyWalters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: El Segundo, Calif
Posts: 17,474
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas51 View Post

don't know if this is the proper place to ask this question......could anyone please advise me on extended warranty plans?

That's a whole nuther topic and will derail this thread.

There are several existing warranty threads with useful discussion of pros, cons, and which companies are better. Search the forum for Mack, Square Trade, Warranty, etc and you should be able to find them.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
RandyWalters is offline  
post #919 of 10001 Old 04-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Member
 
chas51's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
wow. very sorry. I should have realized that.

thank you very much for replying and for the info.
chas51 is offline  
post #920 of 10001 Old 04-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Member
 
aggybong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After spending a couple of days with my 50ST50, the only downside I can come up with is that it seems to have audible buzzing when anything is on screen, and slowly scales up as the overall brightness increases. It's audible from 7 feet away, but only if there is no audio playing to cover it up.

I do NOT intend to do any 3D viewing with this set as of now, but the poor 3D performance has gotten me worried. I have 28 days left to decide, so hopefully by then there will be some 2012 Samsung reviews floating around.
aggybong is offline  
post #921 of 10001 Old 04-01-2012, 12:42 PM
Member
 
xCREEP1NGDEATHx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggybong View Post

After spending a couple of days with my 50ST50, the only downside I can come up with is that it seems to have audible buzzing when anything is on screen, and slowly scales up as the overall brightness increases. It's audible from 7 feet away, but only if there is no audio playing to cover it up.

I do NOT intend to do any 3D viewing with this set as of now, but the poor 3D performance has gotten me worried. I have 28 days left to decide, so hopefully by then there will be some 2012 Samsung reviews floating around.

I will try and give my opinion of the ST50 vs the e7000 sammy when i receive the latter on Tuesday. If the sammy has poor 3d performance as well, i may very well end up going back to st50.
xCREEP1NGDEATHx is offline  
post #922 of 10001 Old 04-01-2012, 02:01 PM
Newbie
 
morph99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrot View Post

Hi all,

Long time lurker, (almost) first time poster here... I have a few questions regarding the p50st50b...

Can this TV (and newer HDTV's in general) auto-regulate the sound output? That is, can you modify a setting on the TV to make it automatically increase the volume on a movie when actors whisper, and automatically lower the volume during explosions, and other excessively loud scenes? I'm not sure what this feature is called. Also, would this TV be capable of Picture-In-Picture (PIP)? I've read newer TV's cannot do this since the all digital broadcast changes in 2009, is that the case? I realize with the advent of DVRs and streaming, this isn't has much of an issue as it was in years prior, but I'm still curious if this can be done.

Finally, it seems difficult to get a consistent opinion on the 3D capabilities of the p50st50b. I've read several, widely opposing opinions on crosstalk. CNET says its pretty noticeable, and xCREEP1NGDEATHx points out its really bad in his experience... yet, I've read several reviews which say the 3D is excellent and virtually no cross-talk exists. See this review for example... [Edit]Forums won't let me post a link due to 1st time posting/spammers, you can Google, "TX-P50ST50B avform review" and it should be the first result. There are other reviews which come to the same conclusion. [/EDIT]

Anyone else starting to come to the conclusion it may be an quality control issue, affecting some (but not all) p50st50b's?

Audyssey has Dynamic Volume/Dynamic Eq. that is found in some Toshiba tvs and in several AVRs. Go to Audyssey.com.
morph99 is offline  
post #923 of 10001 Old 04-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Member
 
x_marxz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggybong View Post

After spending a couple of days with my 50ST50, the only downside I can come up with is that it seems to have audible buzzing when anything is on screen, and slowly scales up as the overall brightness increases. It's audible from 7 feet away, but only if there is no audio playing to cover it up.

I do NOT intend to do any 3D viewing with this set as of now, but the poor 3D performance has gotten me worried. I have 28 days left to decide, so hopefully by then there will be some 2012 Samsung reviews floating around.


I also have the 50in ST50 but I do not hear any buzzing sound even I am close to the TV. I have been closely watching if there are any lines when I do the prep slides provided by D Nice but I didnt hear any buzzing. I even chnsge my picture settings to 100 on brightness, contrast, and sharpness but I didnt notice any buzzing. But I will check again just to be sure. Its probably an issue of quality control. I will get my glasses on tuesday to try 3D. I will give my opinion on tuesday.
x_marxz is offline  
post #924 of 10001 Old 04-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Advanced Member
 
RicFlair's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 831
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 28
how do whites look on the ST50?

Panny 55St60
Panny 55St50(gaming)
Sony 55 NX720
Samsung 42 Hpt(Plasma)
Panny 32Viera LCD (TX)
Klipsch surround
Denon HDMI Receiver
Bose Solo
Playstation4(BF4,Madden,Ghosts,NFS,KZ,FIFA)
XBox360
Ipad 1 & 2
Iphone 5S
RicFlair is offline  
post #925 of 10001 Old 04-01-2012, 02:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sheshechic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 2,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 90
I haven't read anything that states that the 3D has really bad crosstalk. Cnet said that it was very near the VT30 (panasonic's flagship model for 2011). Some people say that it has more than Samsungs, Cnet said this also but they also used material that is noted for producing crosstalk.

Some people are better suited to passive and some to active 3D and I believe this is where opinions on severity may differ. I also believe that some people who have voiced opinions have not even seen the tv perform yet. The best thing to do, since it seems that there is a difference in performance, is to go see them do their thing and let your eyes be the judge, just make sure you're viewing the same source on those sets.

sheshechic is offline  
post #926 of 10001 Old 04-01-2012, 03:06 PM
Member
 
x_marxz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicFlair View Post

how do whites look on the ST50?

please can you give me an Idea how will I describe white? Im sorry I do not know how to answer that objectively.
x_marxz is offline  
post #927 of 10001 Old 04-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Advanced Member
 
RicFlair's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 831
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_marxz View Post

please can you give me an Idea how will I describe white? Im sorry I do not know how to answer that objectively.

Are Hockey games bright ? or dullish ?

Panny 55St60
Panny 55St50(gaming)
Sony 55 NX720
Samsung 42 Hpt(Plasma)
Panny 32Viera LCD (TX)
Klipsch surround
Denon HDMI Receiver
Bose Solo
Playstation4(BF4,Madden,Ghosts,NFS,KZ,FIFA)
XBox360
Ipad 1 & 2
Iphone 5S
RicFlair is offline  
post #928 of 10001 Old 04-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Member
 
starcraft2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For shades of white try to find a bluray called "the art of flight". i heard this one is used by some.


Nrot: "Anyone else starting to come to the conclusion it may be an quality control issue, affecting some (but not all) p50st50b's?"

This by far would be my main concern with the ST50 right now. I hope ghosting/crosstalk in 3D only applies to a few ST50 because then i would try my luck.
starcraft2012 is offline  
post #929 of 10001 Old 04-01-2012, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sage11x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brighton, MI
Posts: 2,436
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by morph99 View Post

Audyssey has Dynamic Volume/Dynamic Eq. that is found in some Toshiba tvs and in several AVRs. Go to Audyssey.com.

I personally find audessey to be a mostly useless feature. Their dynamic compression is haphazard at best. Dolby volume does a better job but it tends to only be included on higher-priced gear.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
sage11x is online now  
post #930 of 10001 Old 04-01-2012, 05:20 PM
Member
 
x_marxz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicFlair View Post

Are Hockey games bright ? or dullish ?

I am now watching Rangers vs Bruins. To give it a bright white look the picture mode should be set on vivid mode or game mode with color temp: Cool2 meaning bright white has some buish white color. I tried custom mode (D Nice setting--I think this setting is just for watching movies) its matte white coz the color temp is WARM2. So I used either Game or vivid mode and put color temp to COOL2 or Cool1 to make it bright white. Under normal temp white jerseys are white and the ice is matte white.
x_marxz is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65st50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic , Displays , Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55st50 55 Inch Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P50st50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60st50 Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off