Official Panasonic ST50 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 334 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #9991 of 10009 Old 08-15-2014, 04:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I get 720p as well. Though I never checked before so I don't know if it ever gave me anything else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9992 of 10009 Old 08-15-2014, 07:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well my ST50 just all of a sudden stopped working, I got what appears to be a 13 blinks error code.

Not sure what to do now.
post #9993 of 10009 Old 08-16-2014, 08:48 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbeck View Post
I get 720p as well. Though I never checked before so I don't know if it ever gave me anything else.
I guess it's confirmed that the firmware update they pushed out doesn't allow higher than 720p streams on the Netflix app now. You're supposed to get 1080p on Super HD videos.

Feel free to call Panasonic Customer Call Center at (800)211-7262. The hours of operation are Monday through Friday 9 AM to 9 PM. Saturday and Sunday 10 AM to 7 PM Eastern Standard Time.

The department that handles Netflix inquiries would have to create a case for you and escalate it with the necessary information they need to resolve the issue and come out with a firmware update fix. But this is only possible if enough cases are opened. If not, we'll be stuck at 720p for the life of the TV.
post #9994 of 10009 Old 08-21-2014, 09:55 PM

I just noticed that Netflix was only hitting 720p after reading it on here. Maybe this was their fix for the constant speed changes and flickering at every speed change that was happening?
post #9995 of 10009 Old 08-22-2014, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymerkramer View Post
I just noticed that Netflix was only hitting 720p after reading it on here. Maybe this was their fix for the constant speed changes and flickering at every speed change that was happening?
I would said limiting streams to 720p on a 1080p TV is more of a downgrade, than a fix. It kind of defeats the purpose of having a 1080p set.

DLNA seems to be giving issues now as well with this new firmware. It can't detect my NAS drive instantly anymore like it used to--takes about five minutes or so to show up now.

Panasonic really needs to fix this firmware update. Please call so they can open a case and provide a true fix. The more calls/complaints they get the better. If they don't get any complaints we'll be stuck on 720p for the life of the TV.
post #9996 of 10009 Old 08-23-2014, 06:30 PM

hello im been trying to have a little help because my tv start to develop a big red tint circule in the middle and on the edges have a green blobs after some work i try to make some improvement into service menu and it goes ok but,,,, i didnt grote the original settings on the service menu could anyone help me find those settings..............
post #9997 of 10009 Old 08-24-2014, 07:27 AM

I'd love to chime in here. I can absolutely confirm I used to have constant 1080p before the upgrade (I always used to check). I have not had it once since the upgrade.

However, calling Panasonic proved useless. After trying to blame my internet connection (a crisp 50Mbps) and netflix itself, he said that it must be an issue with netflix and NOT the panasonic TV. Real earth-shattering analysis. He did not seem knowledgable, but instead just reading off a screen.

It angers me because they take no accountability for something as black and white as a feature that worked fine before their upgrade, and now no longer works. Let's face it, 1080p and netflix is something that is heavily advertised as a feature, and a reason we bought the TV. It's not like we're asking for some obscure fix. I feel like calling back to get a supervisor, but I feel that will be equally useless.

What makes them blaming my ISP/connecton speed even more laughable is that my ISP - RCN - has an arrangement with Netflix to get a direct connection for its customers, meaning even better speeds. This is an issue with the TV - plain and simple.

Last edited by apa9999; 08-24-2014 at 07:57 AM.
post #9998 of 10009 Old 08-24-2014, 12:27 PM

Liked: 15
Whats up guys, this questions is more dedicated to the people who game with their st50s. Specifically the new consoles. Ps4 just added the deep color setting.

I can't remember the settings on ps3. Not really sure what it does. Do you guys keep it on auto or off? If you guys turn it on by switching to auto so proper setting be set corresponding in the ps4 and tv. Example. Rgb and y/pbr/cb are both set to auto for me, which I think defaults to limited. Have you guys fiddled around with this?
post #9999 of 10009 Old 08-24-2014, 01:58 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have the PS4 and the ST50 and for a short time I turned deep color to on and it seemed to work without issue and I could've sworn there was some minor improvement, but it seemed to cause some handshake issues with the hdmi connection, and periodically i would see white specs on the screen. So I left it off.

I can't remember if auto had the same results or not but from my understanding the ST50 is not deep color capable. Or does it have to do with the version of HDMI cable you use? That could have also been my issue but I never really looked into it.

I leave mine off to avoid any issues, but am interested to know if anyone has been successful in using it

The PS4 and ST50, along with the Sony STR DN840 are the best setup I've had for home theater in 15 years. Granted there are always ways to improve and upgrade but I've been very impressed with PA and AQ and periodically will do minor adjustments to certain settings to see if I notice any improvements. I can remember when my ideal setup was a 40" Sony Trinitron with an Aiwa stereo hooked up to it and a DVD player. Now even cheap soundbars and LCDs and LEDs can give you a pretty good setup for almost any setting

Last edited by roadwarrior980; 08-24-2014 at 02:05 PM.
post #10000 of 10009 Old 08-28-2014, 06:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 19
So I've had my 65" st50 for 2 years and I've been using D-Nice settings. I think now that the picture is too dark at times, I can barely make out details in dark scenes.

Has anyone tried other settings they like? I tried the ones mentioned here...and they seem a bit extreme vs. what D-Nice has. http://reviews.*******************.c...icturesettings
post #10001 of 10009 Old 08-28-2014, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apa9999 View Post
I'd love to chime in here. I can absolutely confirm I used to have constant 1080p before the upgrade (I always used to check). I have not had it once since the upgrade.

However, calling Panasonic proved useless. After trying to blame my internet connection (a crisp 50Mbps) and netflix itself, he said that it must be an issue with netflix and NOT the panasonic TV. Real earth-shattering analysis. He did not seem knowledgable, but instead just reading off a screen.

It angers me because they take no accountability for something as black and white as a feature that worked fine before their upgrade, and now no longer works. Let's face it, 1080p and netflix is something that is heavily advertised as a feature, and a reason we bought the TV. It's not like we're asking for some obscure fix. I feel like calling back to get a supervisor, but I feel that will be equally useless.

What makes them blaming my ISP/connecton speed even more laughable is that my ISP - RCN - has an arrangement with Netflix to get a direct connection for its customers, meaning even better speeds. This is an issue with the TV - plain and simple.
Ask them to open a ticket so that their Netflix team looks into the issue. Also, you have to let them know you were getting 1080p forever, then after "upgrading" the firmware, it no longer goes above 720p. They told me the same, until I explained it to them like that. So I guess it's safe to say everyone is having this issue, correct?
post #10002 of 10009 Old 09-06-2014, 12:04 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior980 View Post
I have the PS4 and the ST50 and for a short time I turned deep color to on and it seemed to work without issue and I could've sworn there was some minor improvement, but it seemed to cause some handshake issues with the hdmi connection, and periodically i would see white specs on the screen. So I left it off.

I can't remember if auto had the same results or not but from my understanding the ST50 is not deep color capable. Or does it have to do with the version of HDMI cable you use? That could have also been my issue but I never really looked into it.

I leave mine off to avoid any issues, but am interested to know if anyone has been successful in using it

The PS4 and ST50, along with the Sony STR DN840 are the best setup I've had for home theater in 15 years. Granted there are always ways to improve and upgrade but I've been very impressed with PA and AQ and periodically will do minor adjustments to certain settings to see if I notice any improvements. I can remember when my ideal setup was a 40" Sony Trinitron with an Aiwa stereo hooked up to it and a DVD player. Now even cheap soundbars and LCDs and LEDs can give you a pretty good setup for almost any setting
Yeah I feel the same I set it to on and it didn't seem to look right to me. For now I just keep deep colour off. I have rgb set to auto which is limited, I have ycb to auto and just keep the tv to auto as well. Unless someone has a better recommendation I think I'll just keep it at that.
post #10003 of 10009 Old 09-13-2014, 03:01 PM

hello i need some help if you or anyone could pass me the service menu settings of your st50 i would be pleased im having a problem with a red blob on the center and i try to fix it on the service menu but i really didnt remember to save the original settings i know that you are gonna say that every ...tv is unique but they are not that far on settings please i need your help
post #10004 of 10009 Old 09-18-2014, 02:50 PM

When I plug my N64 into the TV via AV1 (composite), the image is terrible. Not just the standard low resolution and dot crawl, etc. but like really bad. The colours are really washed out and the whites are ridiculously bright. Blacks are probably crushed too. I've attached an example of what I mean: the photo is what I see on the TV and the second image is what the screen should look like. Notice that the grey "MULTIPLAYER" text and the red "FOR YOUR EYES ONLY" text are both invisible, as is the seal in the top-right corner. The entire screen is basically bright white instead of yellowish. It looks as if maybe the input range setting is wrong (0-255 instead of 16-235 for example) but on the EU models there's no way of changing this; it's automatic.

I even looked in the service menu but can't make sense of most of it, let alone find anything related. It goes without saying that playing with the contrast/brightness/colour levels doesn't help. Also, I see this with both AV1 (composite over SCART) and AV2 (direct composite) Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	N64 washed out.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	268554   Click image for larger version

Name:	N64 original.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	241.9 KB
ID:	268562  
post #10005 of 10009 Old 09-27-2014, 07:26 PM

Can anyone help please!!!! I have a Panasonic P60ST50 and a PS4. When I first bought the PS4 (Nov 2013) and connected it to my TV it worked perfectly. Since then my TV's software updated twice (current version 1.27) it no longer displays my PS4. I can hook the PS4 to any other TV and it works fine, I can also hook any other devise to this TV and it works fine. Just not my PS4. Can someone please help me, i'm loosing my mind!!!!
post #10006 of 10009 Old 09-30-2014, 07:59 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by FantaXP7 View Post
So I've had my 65" st50 for 2 years and I've been using D-Nice settings. I think now that the picture is too dark at times, I can barely make out details in dark scenes.

Has anyone tried other settings they like? I tried the ones mentioned here...and they seem a bit extreme vs. what D-Nice has. http://reviews.*******************.c...icturesettings
Sorry for replying to an older post, but I'm in about the same boat. I have't noticed any picture issues, which isn't to say they're not there (I probably just don't pay that much attention). But I am kind of curious if people have been getting their ST50s recalibrated and if so, what the new settings are.
post #10007 of 10009 Old 10-13-2014, 09:32 PM

Any ideas on what's going on here?
http://youtu.be/qb4K6z0qBD0
It's much louder than the video presents. Happened a few times a couple of weeks ago, and not since. Louder on brighter scenes. Goes away on its own or after an extended shut down

Background: Panasonic sent people out a little over a year ago to fix a similar issue. They ultimately ended up tightening some screws.
post #10008 of 10009 Old 10-18-2014, 03:05 PM

With the new fix 1.27, the delay between changing the channels at DVB-C is increased. Black screen lasts a second or two more. The sound comes first... the picture after 1-2 seconds... very annoying...! Can anyone inform Panasonic about this, because here in Bulgaria we don't have Panasonic call center
post #10009 of 10009 Old 10-18-2014, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylord22 View Post
Any ideas on what's going on here?
http://youtu.be/qb4K6z0qBD0
It's much louder than the video presents. Happened a few times a couple of weeks ago, and not since. Louder on brighter scenes. Goes away on its own or after an extended shut down

Background: Panasonic sent people out a little over a year ago to fix a similar issue. They ultimately ended up tightening some screws.
Can't hear anything in your video but if you're talking about buzzing, I assumed plasmas always did that. My P50ST50B has always buzzed but it is louder when the screen is brighter. Using the scroll bar the buzzing goes up and down in volume as the black and white portions move across the screen.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65st50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic , Displays , Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55st50 55 Inch Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P50st50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60st50 Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page