Buffer board ribbon cable adhesive?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-05-2012, 04:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hey everyone, i need help reattaching my ribbon cables back to my buffer board. it seems that it was glued on the buffer board and i was able to heat them up to disconnect them however all i need to know is what type of adhesive do i use to reattach them. is there a certain type of adhesive so the current can past thru or what, thats the only thing i need to fix my set. i have parts waiting to install but dont want to screw up using the wrong thing.
LL
LL
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-06-2012, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

nevermind, solved the problem myself. 3m cunductive tape 3M9703. Now i have a 50 inch plasma 1080p. ..man i love craigslist. i will leave this up so if anyone has that issue of how to reapply flush mount ribbon cables like that.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-22-2012, 05:56 PM

How hard is it to line up the ribbon cable on the circuit board? My Samsung PN50A450P1DXZA has a vertical black bar which seems to be caused by a bad F buffer board, or a faulty plasma panel. Short of replacing the buffer board and attempting to re-connect all those ribbon connectors (which don't have sockets), is there a way to differentiate between buffer board and plasma panel problems. Also, these buffer boards don't seem to have the address chips on them. The chips appear to be contained on the ribbon cable between the buffer boards and plasma panel. Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
post #4 of 5 Old 12-23-2012, 05:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamquan View Post

My Samsung PN50A450P1DXZA has a vertical black bar which seems to be caused by a bad F buffer board, or a faulty plasma panel. Short of replacing the buffer board and attempting to re-connect all those ribbon connectors (which don't have sockets), is there a way to differentiate between buffer board and plasma panel problems. Also, these buffer boards don't seem to have the address chips on them. The chips appear to be contained on the ribbon cable between the buffer boards and plasma panel

Seems weird that Samsung chose to use adhesive instead of sockets to attach those ribbon cables. Glad I work on Panasonics, which has the sockets and is relatively easy and inexpensive to replace the buffer boards.

That chip on the ribbon cable seems to cause great grief, and if it goes bad, it usually requires replacement of the display panel itself. This thread might give you more insight.

That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse. (Romans 1:19-20)
post #5 of 5 Old 12-23-2012, 02:39 PM

Thanks, tomwil. The prospects of repair are starting to look grim. I wouldn't have notice the chip in the cable if it weren't for the heat sink compound. Not a very robust design. Sad. It sure had a purdy picture.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page