Some IR, how to fix? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-05-2012, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an LG 50PK250, I aboslutely love it, i've had it for a year and only recently noticed there is a little image retention from all the video games that get played on it. I'm a COD player and on the bottom left where the score usually shows up, you can see some IR of the score, mind you it's barely there, no one would notice it unless I put their face to the screen and even then it's not really noticeable, but I know it's there and it's really bugging me.

Can I do anything to remove it, run the break-in slides? Just watch regular tv/movies on full screen for a while and don't play any more games?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2012, 11:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyoussef View Post

I have an LG 50PK250, I aboslutely love it, i've had it for a year and only recently noticed there is a little image retention from all the video games that get played on it. I'm a COD player and on the bottom left where the score usually shows up, you can see some IR of the score, mind you it's barely there, no one would notice it unless I put their face to the screen and even then it's not really noticeable, but I know it's there and it's really bugging me.

Can I do anything to remove it, run the break-in slides? Just watch regular tv/movies on full screen for a while and don't play any more games?

Yes, you already know the fixes. It will take time, but those fixes will work.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working. (Oh, and plasma didn't die because of logistics problems, nor does OLED ship in big boxes because it comes from Korea.)