Official 2012 LG PM6700 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 349 Old 04-09-2012, 11:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 12,397
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 526 Post(s)
Liked: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierkdr View Post

Is the PM9700 available in the real world yet?

Not as of yet........
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 349 Old 04-11-2012, 04:29 PM
Member
 
coasterman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I actually had an automatic software update from LG today to correct this problem:

Improve the booting failure after setting 3D-On-Start Setting On mode, Intelligent Sensor mode - this is directly from LG live chat.
Nice to see that they are staying on top of things. By the way the original software version was 3.00.12 and now it is 3.00.29. for those who are interested and the longer I have this televsion the better I like it.
coasterman is offline  
post #63 of 349 Old 04-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Senior Member
 
wallijonn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 449
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob80b View Post

... the silver trim on the inner and out bezel on the GT30 was a definite no no...

I won't buy any set that delineates so abruptly. Looking at a silver frame takes away from the immersion.
wallijonn is offline  
post #64 of 349 Old 04-14-2012, 09:39 AM
Newbie
 
swelch1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone. First time posting. I have the 50PM6700 and am very happy with the blacks levels. Up until the latest software update on Monday, April 9th, I was thrilled with the image quality. But, after the update, the TV is doing VERY strange things. The best way I can describe it is that it seems like the LCD soap opera effect... like everything's been filmed with a home video camera. But this is a plasma!? I'm very confused. I talked to LG support, and they hadn't heard anything like this before. Anyone else having this problem?
swelch1976 is offline  
post #65 of 349 Old 04-14-2012, 09:56 AM
Member
 
coasterman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by swelch1976 View Post

Hi everyone. First time posting. I have the 50PM6700 and am very happy with the blacks levels. Up until the latest software update on Monday, April 9th, I was thrilled with the image quality. But, after the update, the TV is doing VERY strange things. The best way I can describe it is that it seems like the LCD soap opera effect... like everything's been filmed with a home video camera. But this is a plasma!? I'm very confused. I talked to LG support, and they hadn't heard anything like this before. Anyone else having this problem?

Everything is fine with mine after the update. Perhaps check to see if your picture settings changed after the update - if you already knew them.
coasterman is offline  
post #66 of 349 Old 04-17-2012, 11:58 AM
Newbie
 
hamiltond18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Curious how people that have the set have there sound settings? I don't have a home theater system, just an LG sound bar that came with the TV. What does everybody have there TV sound settings set to?
hamiltond18 is offline  
post #67 of 349 Old 04-17-2012, 01:02 PM
Member
 
goodoldman5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
can anyone compare this PM6700 series to PM6500 series in terms of picture quality, and color accuracy and black levels ?(ofcourse aside from 3D and internet apps).
goodoldman5 is offline  
post #68 of 349 Old 04-22-2012, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
venus933's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,170
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Hi Chad,

Thanks for the honest review. I have a 60PM9700 coming this week and now I'm not quite sure how to feel about my choice.

I think the design of the 9700 looks even better than the 6700 with its silver finish on the sides of the bezel. The 9700 also has a matte screen which should help with light reflections. And lastly this model has a tru-black filter. But you probably know all of this.

Do you have any impressions of the 9700 model and do you plan on doing a review on this model at some time? Since this a 6700 thread I don't know if it's appropriate for you to respond here but there's a "2012 LG PM9700 Series Discussion Thread" available if you want to comment there.

Thank you!

Samsung UN48H6350
Samsung PN60E7000
OPPO BDP-103 Universal Disc Player
MartinLogan Motion Vision Gloss Black 5-Channel Soundbar
MartinLogan Dynamo 700 10-inch Wireless Ready Subwoofer
venus933 is offline  
post #69 of 349 Old 04-22-2012, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
venus933's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,170
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Not as of yet........

They are now! (9700 model)

I actually had one for about 5 minutes last Wednesday but refused delivery as the left side of the bezel was dented in. I should get the replacement this Tuesday or Wednesday.

Samsung UN48H6350
Samsung PN60E7000
OPPO BDP-103 Universal Disc Player
MartinLogan Motion Vision Gloss Black 5-Channel Soundbar
MartinLogan Dynamo 700 10-inch Wireless Ready Subwoofer
venus933 is offline  
post #70 of 349 Old 04-22-2012, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Chad B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 2,123
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by venus933 View Post

Hi Chad,

Thanks for the honest review. I have a 60PM9700 coming this week and now I'm not quite sure how to feel about my choice.

I think the design of the 9700 looks even better than the 6700 with its silver finish on the sides of the bezel. The 9700 also has a matte screen which should help with light reflections. And lastly this model has a tru-black filter. But you probably know all of this.

Do you have any impressions of the 9700 model and do you plan on doing a review on this model at some time? Since this a 6700 thread I don't know if it's appropriate for you to respond here but there's a "2012 LG PM9700 Series Discussion Thread" available if you want to comment there.

Thank you!

I would be willing to review it if given the opportunity. I will say that a more matte screen and tru-black filter should raise my impression of the set, all else being equal.
Note I preferred the PK550 over the PK750 a couple years ago, because the PK750 just had so many technical flaws.

ISF/THX calibrator with Jeti 1211 reference spectro
Latest reviews:LG 65UB9800Samsung UN65HU8550UN65HU9000, UN85HU8550, LG 55EC9300, LG 55EA8800 (including 3D)

Why I don't publish settings, Review index and rankings, Florida tour Dec '14, Texas tour Jan '15
Chad B is offline  
post #71 of 349 Old 04-28-2012, 12:04 PM
Newbie
 
Cudabare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by swelch1976 View Post

Hi everyone. First time posting. I have the 50PM6700 and am very happy with the blacks levels. Up until the latest software update on Monday, April 9th, I was thrilled with the image quality. But, after the update, the TV is doing VERY strange things. The best way I can describe it is that it seems like the LCD soap opera effect... like everything's been filmed with a home video camera. But this is a plasma!? I'm very confused. I talked to LG support, and they hadn't heard anything like this before. Anyone else having this problem?

I too am having the same problem and it's very frustrating! Trying to figure out how to revert to the shipped software. It is really bad when I watch through my Mac mini outputting thru hdmi - basically unwatchable. Blu ray thru ps3 and tv thru antennae exhibits the soap opera effect.

I really hope more people start posting in this thread. I've been keeping an eye but only just recently got shipped my tv.
Cudabare is offline  
post #72 of 349 Old 04-28-2012, 06:59 PM
Senior Member
 
wallijonn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 449
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Sounds like the update reset all the settings.
wallijonn is offline  
post #73 of 349 Old 04-29-2012, 09:14 PM
Advanced Member
 
cjsiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Peoria, IL
Posts: 673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 29
So I just bought one of these to replace a 6 year old 720p Panny plasma. Got the 60" model. Used to not think much of LG, but the salesman really talked them up and the price was really good for 60", 3d, smart, etc. Hope it lives up to my expectations. I know that everyone on here really nit picks (that's why it's the AVS forum) performance and I'm sure compared to $3000 models, it is probably not as good. My guess is that it will blow my old 720p out of the water. I like the glossy screen actually. Not much of a concern to me as mine will be in a light controlled environment. Liked it better than the matte screen on the 9700 next to it. I actually wanted the 9700, but couldn't justify the extra $500 for it as we bought new living room furniture and a tv stand at the same time.

Gets delivered on Wednesday so we shall see then.

cjsiv is offline  
post #74 of 349 Old 05-03-2012, 08:29 AM
Advanced Member
 
cjsiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Peoria, IL
Posts: 673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Got this tv delivered yesterday. So far I am loving it. Picture is great. Everything works as expected. I love the THX cinema mode. No IR issues. Amazing bang for the buck. I am coming from a 6 year old Panasonic 720p plasma and it just blows it out I the water. I actually had 2nd thought based on the initial reviews. Glad I didn't change my mind. No disrespect to the professionals who review these sets, but I think sometimes expectations are that it is going to perform like a flagship model for a fraction of the price. For the money, I couldn't be happier. A comparable Panasonic or Samsung was several hundred more.

cjsiv is offline  
post #75 of 349 Old 05-03-2012, 12:58 PM
Member
 
coasterman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsiv View Post

Got this tv delivered yesterday. So far I am loving it. Picture is great. Everything works as expected. I love the THX cinema mode. No IR issues. Amazing bang for the buck. I am coming from a 6 year old Panasonic 720p plasma and it just blows it out I the water. I actually had 2nd thought based on the initial reviews. Glad I didn't change my mind. No disrespect to the professionals who review these sets, but I think sometimes expectations are that it is going to perform like a flagship model for a fraction of the price. For the money, I couldn't be happier. A comparable Panasonic or Samsung was several hundred more.

Well stated and totally agree. Anyone who has came over to my house and seen this set have been amazed by the picture. I'm glad you enjoy yours.
coasterman is offline  
post #76 of 349 Old 05-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Newbie
 
RGBBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsiv View Post

Got this tv delivered yesterday. So far I am loving it. Picture is great. Everything works as expected. I love the THX cinema mode. No IR issues. Amazing bang for the buck. I am coming from a 6 year old Panasonic 720p plasma and it just blows it out I the water. I actually had 2nd thought based on the initial reviews. Glad I didn't change my mind. No disrespect to the professionals who review these sets, but I think sometimes expectations are that it is going to perform like a flagship model for a fraction of the price. For the money, I couldn't be happier. A comparable Panasonic or Samsung was several hundred more.


I agree CJSIV, I received mine earlier this week and am very happy with it. I'm no videophile but it has a great picture, very customizable and looks beautiful up on the wall.
RGBBob is offline  
post #77 of 349 Old 05-04-2012, 02:20 PM
Advanced Member
 
cjsiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Peoria, IL
Posts: 673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Well, mine has to be exchanged. Everything great except for one defect. What I thought was a gnat on the screen was actually a foreign object of some sort stuck to the back of the glass panel. Not on the display itself. Looks kinda like a small plastic shaving maybe stuck between the two. Very tiny, but I know is there. Must have slipped through QC. Anyway I have a new one being delivered Sunday. I got to play with the settings some more last night and I truly love this set. Picture wizard is great. I know I'm in the minority, but I kinda like trumotion for SOME programming. Just blows me away at its price point.

While I was at the store today setting up the exchange, I did the once over one last time to make sure I made the right choice. They carry LG and Samsung. The only other one I would have chosen was the 9700 but not at a $500 premium. The LEDs didn't even compare in PQ. Best bang for the buck set out there right now IMO.

You know you have a good picture when even the wife uses obscenities to describe it. She was that impressed. There's more to a good plasma than black levels.

cjsiv is offline  
post #78 of 349 Old 05-06-2012, 04:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
cjsiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Peoria, IL
Posts: 673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 29
So I apparently am going to own the 9700 now. My replacement unit had the same issue only in a different spot. I am starting to think I have bad luck with TVs. Since I didn't want a 3rd unit, my dealer gave me a discount on the 60PM9700. Got it at a substantial discount (several hundred cheaper than selling price). Delivered. And they are going to mount it for me since I've had to mount and take down the 6700 twice. Whatever shortcomings the 9700 may have, it's totally worth the price I paid. . I can't think of another 60 inch tv out there that can compete for what I got it for. Very happy right now. They bent over backwards to rectify my issues.

Only downside is they are out of stock so I have to wait 2-3 weeks for the new set.

cjsiv is offline  
post #79 of 349 Old 05-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Newbie
 
RGBBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudabare View Post

I too am having the same problem and it's very frustrating! Trying to figure out how to revert to the shipped software. It is really bad when I watch through my Mac mini outputting thru hdmi - basically unwatchable. Blu ray thru ps3 and tv thru antennae exhibits the soap opera effect.

I really hope more people start posting in this thread. I've been keeping an eye but only just recently got shipped my tv.


Did you get any relief for this? I'm having the issue now since it updated the software. I can't figure out how to reset to factory settings.
RGBBob is offline  
post #80 of 349 Old 05-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Newbie
 
alihasan631's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey i have the LG 50PM6700 and i notice when their is a fast action like sports when someone throws a football the screen blurs i need help or else i will return this tv
alihasan631 is offline  
post #81 of 349 Old 05-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
cjsiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Peoria, IL
Posts: 673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Did you try turning on the trumotion. I have found that setting it to user on about 2 clears it up without the soap opera effect. See if that helps.

cjsiv is offline  
post #82 of 349 Old 05-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Newbie
 
alihasan631's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
that helped thank you. anyhting else i could do because game mode i feel like makes the 600 hz on tv turn off because it just doesnt look as real when its on game compared to standard or vivid
alihasan631 is offline  
post #83 of 349 Old 05-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Newbie
 
ronny.ch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I just got a little bit lost in the thread.

Chad B, can you please tell us the values for the right calibration of the 60pm6700?

Any other recommendations for the new TV? :-)

Thanks,
Ronny
ronny.ch is offline  
post #84 of 349 Old 05-14-2012, 07:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Chad B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 2,123
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronny.ch View Post

Hi,

I just got a little bit lost in the thread.

Chad B, can you please tell us the values for the right calibration of the 60pm6700?

Any other recommendations for the new TV? :-)

Thanks,
Ronny

I'm sorry, that's against my religion.

Actually, sharing advanced settings is very prone to error. There are some basic settings that do carry over fairly well from one set to the next, but once you get into the more important settings like the white balance it's pure luck if those settings get your set any closer to where it should be. Add to that the fact that a lot of these settings interact, so having the wrong white balance settings could throw off your brightness and contrast, and you can see why it can become quite a mess to put faith in someone else's settings even on the same model. You can download and burn the AVS 709 test disc for free and it will help you get the basic stuff right.

ISF/THX calibrator with Jeti 1211 reference spectro
Latest reviews:LG 65UB9800Samsung UN65HU8550UN65HU9000, UN85HU8550, LG 55EC9300, LG 55EA8800 (including 3D)

Why I don't publish settings, Review index and rankings, Florida tour Dec '14, Texas tour Jan '15
Chad B is offline  
post #85 of 349 Old 05-15-2012, 05:31 AM
Newbie
 
el_bajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Woodbine, MD
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGBBob View Post

Did you get any relief for this? I'm having the issue now since it updated the software. I can't figure out how to reset to factory settings.

All, I'm new to the forum and recently purchased a 60PM6700 (my first plasma). I am having the same issue with the soap opera effect regardless of the tru-motion setting (off, any of the built-in levels, or any level under user). The only way I have found to lose it is to use Game mode. I applied the software update upon initial activation of the set.

I tried the setting previously mentioned of having trumotion on but set to a level of 2, but that still looks bad IMHO. Anyone have any luck getting this fixed? It seems like the patch may have messed up the ability to turn trumotion off. What's most confusing to me is I don't understand why plasmas even need this option. I thought the whole point of plasma is that they don't need the interpolation that LCDs do. Have an LED LCD in another room and the trumotion-equivalent is easily disabled.

Still have a couple of weeks to evaluate the set before my ability to return for free on Amazon runs out, and I really don't want to return it. But, the SOE is really annoying, and game mode seems limited in the ability to customize the picture compared to the other modes.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
el_bajo is offline  
post #86 of 349 Old 05-15-2012, 10:24 PM
Advanced Member
 
cjsiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Peoria, IL
Posts: 673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I didn't have issues with SOE but my 6700 wouldn't display 1080i 60 hz content from bluray correctly. Was very jittery like it was skipping frames. Oddly enough the only way it would display properly was in game mode. That combined with the dead pixels and the crosstalk on 3d made me return it.

I now have a 60PA6500 and it's great. No 3d or apps but I really didn't need it to begin with. Tried the 55LM6700 and the passive 3D is amazing but the picture in 2d was horrible compared to plasma.

cjsiv is offline  
post #87 of 349 Old 05-17-2012, 06:33 AM
Member
 
coasterman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Did any of you with problems with the 6700 contact LG for solutions? If so what was their response. Currently I have not had the SOE or any other problems for almost 2 months now. Perhaps there are some quality control issues.
coasterman is offline  
post #88 of 349 Old 05-17-2012, 08:50 AM
Newbie
 
T.J.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsiv View Post

I didn't have issues with SOE but my 6700 wouldn't display 1080i 60 hz content from bluray correctly. Was very jittery like it was skipping frames. Oddly enough the only way it would display properly was in game mode. That combined with the dead pixels and the crosstalk on 3d made me return it.

I now have a 60PA6500 and it's great. No 3d or apps but I really didn't need it to begin with. Tried the 55LM6700 and the passive 3D is amazing but the picture in 2d was horrible compared to plasma.

New member here with a few questions regarding this post:

If the "content" you are referring to is a blu ray movie, then I am curious why you would set your blu ray player to output in 1080i/60 hz instead of 1080p/24 hz?

Isn't 1080p ("full hd") preferred over 1080i?

And isn't 24hz blu ray setting preferred over 60hz for movies since that is how they are filmed?

Maybe that would have alleviated the "jittery" issue you were experiencing?

I am curious about this thread and the 60PM6700 because I have it now and am still within the retailer's return window and am trying to decide whether or not to return it for something else.
T.J.P. is offline  
post #89 of 349 Old 05-17-2012, 02:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
cjsiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Peoria, IL
Posts: 673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 29
The bluray was a concert disc. It was recorded in 1080i. I have 2 like that actually. Both did the same thing. Even though my bluray player is 1080p and outputs 24fps, the source must be 1080p. You can't do that with a 1080i source. The tv displays it at 60hz. That's the only option. I tried 3 different bluray players and all were the same with those 2 discs. Only remedy was putting the tv in game mode. The output setting is irrelevant if the source disc doesn't support it. Some concerts are shot in 1080i I have found. I watch lots of concert blurays so this was a big issue to me. My 1080i directv output displayed fine though.

cjsiv is offline  
post #90 of 349 Old 05-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Newbie
 
T.J.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsiv View Post

The bluray was a concert disc. It was recorded in 1080i. I have 2 like that actually. Both did the same thing. Even though my bluray player is 1080p and outputs 24fps, the source must be 1080p. You can't do that with a 1080i source. The tv displays it at 60hz. That's the only option. I tried 3 different bluray players and all were the same with those 2 discs. Only remedy was putting the tv in game mode. The output setting is irrelevant if the source disc doesn't support it. Some concerts are shot in 1080i I have found. I watch lots of concert blurays so this was a big issue to me. My 1080i directv output displayed fine though.

Oh, I see. Thank you for the explanation.

I see that you returned the 60PM6700 and bought a 60PA6500, and it sounds like the "jittery" issue you were experiencing is not present with the 60PA6500?

Isn't this odd because I thought the two models were the same tv other than 3d and smart apps? Shouldn't they both have the same video processor?
T.J.P. is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Plasma Hdtv , Displays , Panasonic , Lg 50pm6700 Plasma Hdtv , Lg 60pm6700 Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off