Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 47 Old 03-19-2012, 03:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by adone36 View Post

Except HIS opinion is basically reinforced by almost every independent review.

There is no doubt that Panasonic makes a better tv and their tvs will only get better as they use more Kuro tech. But comparing an ST series to a D series is apples and oranges. I mean he was comparing a low level Panasonic to Samsungs top of the line. I'm anxious to see the VT50 this year and I am guessing, it's just a guess but I have a feeling that Panasonic will match Kuro black levels by next year considering they are supposedly using some Kuro tech in this years VT50. With Samsungs price increases this year I see no reason to even buy a Samsung. I own one it is a nice set don't get me wrong but when you can buy a Panasonic for the same price it's really a no brainer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 47 Old 03-19-2012, 05:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by HearingImpaired View Post

There is no doubt that Panasonic makes a better tv and their tvs will only get better as they use more Kuro tech. But comparing an ST series to a D series is apples and oranges. I mean he was comparing a low level Panasonic to Samsungs top of the line. I'm anxious to see the VT50 this year and I am guessing, it's just a guess but I have a feeling that Panasonic will match Kuro black levels by next year considering they are supposedly using some Kuro tech in this years VT50. With Samsungs price increases this year I see no reason to even buy a Samsung. I own one it is a nice set don't get me wrong but when you can buy a Panasonic for the same price it's really a no brainer.

I'm just curious if you're sure the ST50 won't be better than an E8000 Samsung. I mean, it could be, couldn't it?

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working. (Oh, and plasma didn't die because of logistics problems, nor does OLED ship in big boxes because it comes from Korea.)
post #33 of 47 Old 03-19-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

I'm just curious if you're sure the ST50 won't be better than an E8000 Samsung. I mean, it could be, couldn't it?

I was talking about last years models not this years. There is no doubt that this year the ST series could be better than the E series. I see the gap between Samsung and Panasonic widening more this year and next year I think it will be a blow out. However once black levels reach that pitch point there won't really be anywhere for plasma technology to go and OLED will have to take over where plasma left off.
post #34 of 47 Old 03-19-2012, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 28
The problem with "opinions" is that people who are not too bright confuse "opinions" with facts. If something can be measured, there is no "opinion" involved.

Tony
post #35 of 47 Old 03-19-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adone36 View Post

The problem with "opinions" is that people who are not too bright confuse "opinions" with facts. If something can be measured, there is no "opinion" involved.

But that's the thing I am a Samsung tv owner and I'm happy with it. However it is a fact that Panasonic makes a better tv.
post #36 of 47 Old 03-19-2012, 06:10 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 27
But the "fact" is that you offer no evidence to back up your opinion.
post #37 of 47 Old 03-19-2012, 06:12 PM

Liked: 10
I am really likeing my new 60ST30 and wouldn't trade it for another set right now. I had alot of worry that I didn't need when I bought it. Best comment from the wife "You wouldn't want anything smaller would you." The first day after slides.
post #38 of 47 Old 03-19-2012, 06:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

I too am wondering this. I am sooooooooo close to pulling the trigger on a PN60E8000, but the ST50 reviews make it sound like a phenomenal television, blowing away last year's offerings. If it came in a bigger size I may have bought one already.

Really looking forward to the GT50/VT50. I hope that the "May" timeframe isn't true and we start seeing them in a couple weeks.

Calibration Equipment:

Meters: X-rite i1 Pro 2, X-rite i1 Display Pro

Software: Spectracal Calman DIY, ControlCAL

Televisions:

Panasonic TC-P65VT50 (currently own)
Samsung UN55D8000 (returned)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Plasma IR Removal:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 -
-

post #39 of 47 Old 03-19-2012, 07:32 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest261 View Post

I too am wondering this. I am sooooooooo close to pulling the trigger on a PN60E8000, but the ST50 reviews make it sound like a phenomenal television, blowing away last year's offerings. If it came in a bigger size I may have bought one already.

Really looking forward to the GT50/VT50. I hope that the "May" timeframe isn't true and we start seeing them in a couple weeks.

I saw the ST50 at a local frys setup in a dark "theater" like room and i'll tell you it was pretty damn impressive I can't wait to see what the GT/VT sets look like. In addition the UT50 was there as well and although it wasn't bad you could tell the difference because it was sitting next to the ST30.
post #40 of 47 Old 03-19-2012, 08:33 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

I've had 6 Panasonic TVs (i still have all three Plasmas), a Panasonic DVD recorder, DVD Player, three VCRs, a clock radio, AV receiver, microwave oven, electric shaver, three phones, two answering machines, and even a Panasonic nose hair trimmer etc and all are great with no problems whatsoever~Panasonic ROCKS!!!

I've bought two Samsung TVs, two Samsung PC monitors, one Samsung printer, and one Samsung cell phone and all of them failed within the first year (a few within the first few weeks). I could say Samsung SUCKS!!!

But that's not to say that probably 95% of all Samsung owners have no problems whatsoever and their TVs and other stuff are working fine.

Why did you return your Panny for a Sammy? Was it because you didn't like the build quality? Or you didn't like the picture quality? Did the Panasonic fail?

Ehh..... is that nose hair trimmer 720p or 1080p?
post #41 of 47 Old 03-19-2012, 10:44 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

But that's the thing I am a Samsung tv owner and I'm happy with it. However it is a fact that Panasonic makes a better tv.

No, Panasonic is NOT better than Samsung and you have no facts to back it up.
I do... I've had both and Samsung is better.

post #42 of 47 Old 03-19-2012, 10:51 PM

Hey guys, sitting here watching lotr blu on my Samsung pn60e8000. I got to tell ya this tv is truely amazing. I had the d8000 and they exchanged it for me, and I am a happy camper for sure. I am really blown away with the black level, really improved this year. Now, don't get all up in arms. I am simply comparing the 2 tv's I own/ed. I must say that the biggest hurdle for any tv manufacturer to beat about samsung is going to be this absolutely amazing color, just incredible. Skin tones are darn perfect. If youv'e seen lotr , the hardest thing I thought for any tv was properly matching what the color of the tree's really should look like. I wish I could explain it better but this tv just does the , brown/grey into black on the tree's it is life like. just so realistic. I used the 2d to 3d conversion , just for the hell of it and I was pleaseantly surprised. I didn't expect much but it really added alot of depth and realism to the movie, so much I am still watching in 3d now. I am buying a 64/65 inch for the living room, and I really really am considering this tv or the vt50. The difference in cost is substantial (atleast to me ) and I would imagine the vt50 will have better blacks, but I just can't see it having better color reproduction than the e8000. I am up in the air, but one thing for sure the e8000 is a top contender for sure and I cant see the mid tier panny's beating it for overall pq. (I have not had much time with a st50, just a quick 5 min in bb) I can't wait till this is calibrated, I can only imagine how much betteer ths will look.

god bless

tonyjd40
you can dream of where you will be ten years from now,or
you can work hard today to actually get there
post #43 of 47 Old 03-19-2012, 11:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mile13 View Post

Some folks here talking about ''big improvements'' and ''a huge step up'' .

Really, 2012 panasonic Plasma's will be slightly better than 2011 panasonic Plasma's. They won't beat king Kuro and that is quite a disappointment.

The surprise is> their upcoming WT-50 leds ips panels will have better black level performance than vt30/50, kuro & sharp elites.
post #44 of 47 Old 03-19-2012, 11:36 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

I've had 6 Panasonic TVs (i still have all three Plasmas), a Panasonic DVD recorder, DVD Player, three VCRs, a clock radio, AV receiver, microwave oven, electric shaver, three phones, two answering machines, and even a Panasonic nose hair trimmer etc and all are great with no problems whatsoever~Panasonic ROCKS!!!

I've bought two Samsung TVs, two Samsung PC monitors, one Samsung printer, and one Samsung cell phone and all of them failed within the first year (a few within the first few weeks). I could say Samsung SUCKS!!!

I have to agree with this. I owned a Samsung DLP TV (2005 generation). The colour wheel was making noise like a chain saw. Had to have it replaced. Then an electrical board cracked when I disconnected component cables from the back, and it wouldn't accept inputs, so I had to have that replaced as well. I then had it ISF calibrated, but the next day, it forgot the settings, as if it had never been calibrated. Had the calibrator come back, and he could not make anything stick. I've never bought anything from Samsung since and I couldn't be happier. Samsung is like everything else in South Korea, a cheap knock-off of superior Japanese counterparts.
post #45 of 47 Old 03-20-2012, 03:27 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 26
Quote:

I was talking about last years models not this years. There is no doubt that this year the ST series could be better than the E series. I see the gap between Samsung and Panasonic widening more this year and next year I think it will be a blow out. However once black levels reach that pitch point there won't really be anywhere for plasma technology to go and OLED will have to take over where plasma left off.

I see Panasonic's plasma looking like an LCD compared to samsungs oled.

The only display getting blown out of the water will be all of them. Lol

buytme
post #46 of 47 Old 03-20-2012, 04:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Sure, and how much is that OLED going to cost? It's only available in 55" this year too, so if you're in the market for bigger, you're SOL.

At this point I'm anticipating buying a plasma TV this year, 2012, and possibly buying an OLED TV in 2017.
post #47 of 47 Old 03-20-2012, 05:38 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I believe even DNice said the st 50 cannot match the sammy 2011 color wise

Panny 55St60
Panny 55St50(gaming)
Sony 55 NX720
Samsung 42 Hpt(Plasma)
Panny 32Viera LCD (TX)
Klipsch surround
Denon HDMI Receiver
Bose Solo
Playstation4(BF4,Madden,Ghosts,NFS,KZ,FIFA)
XBox360
Ipad 1 & 2
Iphone 5S
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page