2Likes

post #4231 of 4310 Old 09-14-2013, 07:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTO View Post

This sounds a lot like something I noted several months ago, so to recap (and elaborate):

My PN60E8000 will only lock into an endless loop of start/restart if it's connected to the internet via wifi OR LAN.

In my case at least it can't be just the wifi card since LAN does the same thing, but faster! It seems to be logging in and getting some sort of reboot signal, thus LAN is a faster cycle

But here's the real kink - It works fine if my main computer is is removed from the network!

If anyone here has any idea of what sort of signal the Lenovo could be sending to the TV please let me know!

Is either the TV or the Lenovo configured with a static IP address? Both should be configured to retrieve their IP address via DHCP from the router. Have you rebooted the router?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4232 of 4310 Old 09-15-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardLHall View Post

Is either the TV or the Lenovo configured with a static IP address? Both should be configured to retrieve their IP address via DHCP from the router. Have you rebooted the router?

Thanks Edward, I have never intentionally set static IPs anywhere on this network. I reboot the router frequently, so there have been dozens of reboots since this problems started in January. I've also done factory resets & updated firmware on the router. But the TV doesn't have a problem with the router as long as the Lenovo is disconnected or powered off. It's as if something on the Lenovo (I assume unintentionally) sending a constant power off/on signal to the TV.

I've tried to isolate anything on the Lenovo that might be trying to talk to the TV, but no luck so far. I've tried to turn off Windows 8 file streaming but as far as I could find so far, it seems that once turned on can't be turned off again -- maybe this is the problem? For the Oppo I use the very simple Oshare DNLA server, but terminating Oshare doesn't end my Samsung power cycling so it seems in the clear.

I guess shy of buying a new notebook (sadly not in my budget these days), getting rid of Windows will be a last resort. I pretty much loath Windows 8, but dread trying for a smooth transition and learning some form of Linux for the first time.
post #4233 of 4310 Old 09-19-2013, 07:51 AM

Hi, i have the 64e8000 and tonight i noticed at harvey norman that the f series had the motion judder feature again.Now i really liked that feature and my C series had it. I hate the judder the e series has,especially in gaming.I actually think the 58c7000 i had looked alot better.Is there a way to get the judder canceller on my e series? a crack or different firmware?

Thanks
post #4234 of 4310 Old 10-10-2013, 02:17 PM

Liked: 13
I have owned my PN7000e is early Spring. So far great TV, sound is sub par, need a soundbar or sound system. Last couple of days the TV turns off and back on, only happens in the morning after off all nite. Happened once yesterday and again today. Samsung said unplug TV to reset and update firmware. My bet is power supply going bad. Thats what happened with my Samsung DLP when it started acting up. Not too worried about it right now but kinda sucks the set is barely 6 months old and first issue already. great pic, but seems like junk parts on everything these days

Never have had any issues with updates, I use ethernet though
post #4235 of 4310 Old 10-10-2013, 06:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atcdav View Post

I have owned my PN7000e is early Spring. So far great TV, sound is sub par, need a soundbar or sound system. Last couple of days the TV turns off and back on, only happens in the morning after off all nite. Happened once yesterday and again today. Samsung said unplug TV to reset and update firmware. My bet is power supply going bad. Thats what happened with my Samsung DLP when it started acting up. Not too worried about it right now but kinda sucks the set is barely 6 months old and first issue already. great pic, but seems like junk parts on everything these days

Never have had any issues with updates, I use ethernet though

You likely have a bad wireless card. Call Samsung back and tell them you need a new one. It is a common problem for this set and there is a new revision of the wireless card that fixes the issue. Even if you are not using wireless, the card still goes through an initiation sequence at power-on and will cause the power reset issue you are seeing when the initiation fails. As the card degrades, the problem gets worse, resulting in multiple resets before the set stays on. The field techs all know about this. Not sure why the techs on the phone do not. Ask for a Rev. C. card. This is the only problem I have had with my set so far. Everything else is great.

-Ted
post #4236 of 4310 Old 10-11-2013, 02:25 PM

Th
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncted View Post

You likely have a bad wireless card. Call Samsung back and tell them you need a new one. It is a common problem for this set and there is a new revision of the wireless card that fixes the issue. Even if you are not using wireless, the card still goes through an initiation sequence at power-on and will cause the power reset issue you are seeing when the initiation fails. As the card degrades, the problem gets worse, resulting in multiple resets before the set stays on. The field techs all know about this. Not sure why the techs on the phone do not. Ask for a Rev. C. card. This is the only problem I have had with my set so far. Everything else is great.

-Ted
. Thanks Ted. Noted
post #4237 of 4310 Old 10-12-2013, 05:06 AM

well well. Samsung instructed me to unplug TV from surge protector and into a different outlet. which I did and this morning within 5 minutes of turning TV on it completely fried. Big zap and flash from back of TV and dead
post #4238 of 4310 Old 10-13-2013, 08:36 PM

...figured I'd post this here and see if anyone has had similar....

PN60E7000xxxx

Heard a snap sound from TV and it began cycling on/off (ironically this was while watching Star Trek: Into Darkness). I unplugged it and then it would just cycle on/off when plugged in.

Repair tech checked it out and was unsure of problem but he and his phone contact took educated guess at the X & Y boards.

Upon replacing these boards... no change. They decided to go next with the main board and the panel.

I'm now waiting for this to be done this Wednesday. I can't decide if I want them to be successful or not. On the one hand, if it works, I've got my gorgeous TV back. On the other hand, if it doesn't work, I'll be able to get a replacement TV... hmmm, maybe an F8500 since the 7000 was dc'd?

Sure glad I paid the extra $ for 5 yr repair/replace!

PN60E7000, Denon AVR-3805, B&W P6, B&W Matrix HTM, Infinity Beta ES 250
post #4239 of 4310 Old 10-14-2013, 06:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmax63 View Post

...figured I'd post this here and see if anyone has had similar....

PN60E7000xxxx

Heard a snap sound from TV and it began cycling on/off (ironically this was while watching Star Trek: Into Darkness). I unplugged it and then it would just cycle on/off when plugged in.

Repair tech checked it out and was unsure of problem but he and his phone contact took educated guess at the X & Y boards.

Upon replacing these boards... no change. They decided to go next with the main board and the panel.

I'm now waiting for this to be done this Wednesday. I can't decide if I want them to be successful or not. On the one hand, if it works, I've got my gorgeous TV back. On the other hand, if it doesn't work, I'll be able to get a replacement TV... hmmm, maybe an F8500 since the 7000 was dc'd?

Sure glad I paid the extra $ for 5 yr repair/replace!

Did he replace the wi-fi module yet? That is the most common problem that causes that kind of behavior according to the tech who replaced mine.
post #4240 of 4310 Old 10-18-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atcdav View Post

well well. Samsung instructed me to unplug TV from surge protector and into a different outlet. which I did and this morning within 5 minutes of turning TV on it completely fried. Big zap and flash from back of TV and dead
My issue the "power board " ...power supply? Either way it works again. Didn't say anything about wifi adapter
post #4241 of 4310 Old 10-19-2013, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncted View Post

Did he replace the wi-fi module yet? That is the most common problem that causes that kind of behavior according to the tech who replaced mine.

To answer your question... I don't know since I don't know what board this module is attached to (read on and you'll see that it was replaced). Here's what has happened.

1st visit... techs guessed at x & y board, ordered boards & scheduled visit to install.

2nd visit... installed x & y boards. No change. Ordered panel assembly and input board.

3rd visit... replaced panel assembly (and attached boards of x & y plus the 'skinny' boards along the side & bottom of panel) and input board. No change. Ordered power supply board.

The 4th visit has not occurred yet, but I received the shipped power supply board and have a visit scheduled to have it installed. As I am not very patient so I went ahead and replaced it last night and now the TV is working fine. I haven't decided yet if I'll put the defective board back into it for when the technician arrives to replace it. I don't want to risk my protection agreement by having done the work myself!

It appears I have an entirely new TV (minus the remote, bezel and stand). 3-1/2 years left on my protection agreement. Now I just need to decide if I want the EK.

PN60E7000, Denon AVR-3805, B&W P6, B&W Matrix HTM, Infinity Beta ES 250
post #4242 of 4310 Old 10-28-2013, 09:40 AM

Liked: 20
Recently had my Main Board and WiFi module replaced.

The TV shut off a couple of times on it's own while streaming. Figured it was probably just the card, but the tech found a log of the main board shutting off. So he replaced that as well. Kind of a pain in the ass. Lost all calibration settings/saved channels etc. Almost wish I hadn't bothered but if there was an issue I want it fixed while in warranty.

Here's some weird stuff about the repari though.

1. When I launced Netflix after the repair, it had another person named 'Ginger' signed in. It showed me all of her recent movies etc. Shouldn't Samsung have cleared the board of all settings before sending it back to someone else? How do I know someone won't be watching movies under my account after they refurbish my old board?

2. When I first launched the Smart Hub with the new board installed. the only apps along the top row were Amazon Prime and Hulu (Netflix used to be there and I had to install it). After that, I was signed in as 'Ginger' see above.

3. Since I was signed in as 'Ginger' I reset the Smart Hub back to default. Now there are no apps along the top row. All of the 'preinstalled' apps. Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, Explore 3D etc. are at the bottom.

Samsung has been having a LOT of issues with their Smart Hub lately - people aren't able to connect to the internet, Netflix requiring multiple activations etc.

Does anyone else have a 'revised' Smart Hub interface like the attached Pic? I'm not very confident in the board they replaced.

Thanks!

post #4243 of 4310 Old 10-30-2013, 06:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by boondongle View Post

Recently had my Main Board and WiFi module replaced.

Does anyone else have a 'revised' Smart Hub interface like the attached Pic? I'm not very confident in the board they replaced.

My Smarthub looks like that, but netflix, Hulu and amazon are on top under the search bar. I wouldn't be too pleased with Gingers old parts either. Out of curiosity, what firmware were you on prior to the service call and what are you on now? I stopped updating firmware when people were reporting problems. I'm still on 1041.1. Not that firmware was in any way related, but I have a never experienced picture quality, functionality or feature improvements with any firmware updates on the c8000 or e8000.

post #4244 of 4310 Old 10-31-2013, 11:17 AM

Liked: 20
I'm on whatever the latest firmware is. Nothing new since earlier in the year.

My Amazon, Netflix, Hulu used to be under the search bar as well. Doesn't bode real well….

Thanks
post #4245 of 4310 Old 11-20-2013, 08:44 PM

It's started happening to me as well...

TV turns itself off and back on (power cycling). Just put in a repair request online. When I call them, what is the likely cause? I've already reset my TV and updated firmware, unplugged and plugged it back in. Those didn't solve the issue.
post #4246 of 4310 Old 11-23-2013, 02:09 AM

Hey guys,

I have a PN50E7000 and I just recently got an xbox one. I played battlefield on my 360 and I did not have this problem, I believe it is because of the better refresh rate on the xbox one, so now when I play battlefield on the one I have a lot of motion judder. So my question is is there a way I can turn on the auto motion plus or film mode option? It is always blocked out for me unless im watching a blu-ray movie. I dont know if there is any other way I can turn it on so i can mess with the settings and see if I can get rid of the motion judder. Any help is much appreciated, thanks
post #4247 of 4310 Old 12-16-2013, 08:23 PM

Do you have game mode turned on?
post #4248 of 4310 Old 12-17-2013, 12:01 PM

Hello,

Greeting from Indonesia. I want to buy a new Plasma TV and I found out that the biggest/best F series plasma that is available in my country is Plasma TV Series 5 60" PS60F5000AM:

http://www.samsung.com/id/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/plasma-tv/PS60F5000AMPXD-spec

There is no F8000 available.

Meanwhile, the PS64E8000GUXXU is still available from last year model.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/plasma-tv/PS64E8000GUXXU-spec

What is the difference between E and F 8000 series? Is the E8000 much better TV than the 60" PS60F5000AM?

The E8000 is about $1935 and the PS60F5000AM is $1200

Thank you for your help,

Dan
post #4249 of 4310 Old 12-19-2013, 09:49 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:

This sounds a lot like something I noted several months ago, so to recap (and elaborate):

My PN60E8000 will only lock into an endless loop of start/restart if it's connected to the internet via wifi OR LAN.

In my case at least it can't be just the wifi card since LAN does the same thing, but faster! It seems to be logging in and getting some sort of reboot signal, thus LAN is a faster cycle than wifi.

Samsung replaced the motherboard months ago but that did not fix the issue. It seemed to be a fix when the tech was here because the TV can be connected after boot - the bug only seems to affect my TV if it has Internet access when the TV starts up! When the tech was here we didn't actually restart the TV again after the initial set-up & log in worked smoothly.

But here's the real kink - It works fine if my main computer is is removed from the network! I think this indicates that the TV is open to some sort of exploit coming from my PC. Hopefully someone with more networking knowledge will have a better idea.

My set-up is a D-link router wired (LAN) to a Lenovo notebook (Windows 8), Router is also wired (LAN) to Oppo Bdp-93. Router wifi connections to a Toshiba notebook (Vista), Android phone, and the E8000 (Ideally!). If I remove the Lenovo notebook the TV is happy. So it seems that something specifically on this computer is being read as a constant reboot command by the TV. I can't find any apparent malware on the notebook. I've removed Anyshare software and just use Oshare (a very simple DNLA which is great with my Oppo).

Samsung was willing to keep replacing parts but it seems that the problem is mostly within my notebook & the Samsung's problem is that it is open to this weird exploit. And if so I wonder what else it's open to? I've been out of commission for a few months & haven't had the time to book service calls so I've just been using it as a 'dumb' TV (and what a waste that is!) I'm now well out of the Samsung warranty -- though they might still be willing to finish this ongoing repair. I do have a couple more years on my Future Shop warranty - but if the problem is really on the PC side it seems pointless to keep replacing TV components.

If anyone here has any idea of what sort of signal the Lenovo could be sending to the TV please let me know!

It is your Oshare software. If it is running in the background on your PC prior to you turning your television on and allowing it to connect to the network, your television will cycle on/off. I've reproduced this on my own E8000 and my PC with oshare. I don't execute Oshare now until the television is on and connected to my network.

Cheers.
post #4250 of 4310 Old 12-28-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swillis55 View Post

It is your Oshare software. If it is running in the background on your PC prior to you turning your television on and allowing it to connect to the network, your television will cycle on/off. I've reproduced this on my own E8000 and my PC with oshare. I don't execute Oshare now until the television is on and connected to my network.

Cheers.

FANTASTIC!

Thanks swillis55, as far as I'm concerned you just won the Internet!

I was resigned to a choice of living with a dumb "smart TV or having Samsung visit & replace and replace it piece by piece by piece forever and ever. I was positive it had to be software but Sammy could only focus on their hardware & they seemed willing to go to considerable useless expense on the matter. oShare was absolutely the last thing I would have suspected -- of course you're right!

Except that now it's acting up even if I launch it even after starting the TV. I spent the first day playing with my "smart" features for the first time in close to a year, and then the better part of a day trying to find an oShare replacement. No luck on a replacement -- and that's probably my inability to understand even the simplest of networks. Of the several programs I tried, most wanted to sub-index my files in ways I simply don't need, and then I ended up with a whole slew of useless (and empty) folders when navigating through my Oppo BDP. Some servers gave me only the folders but no actual files, while others seemed unable to handle MP4 or MKV or WMV etc., And with files they do play, most of them seem to default to transcoding which I do not need. Does anyone here know of a good, simple server that will simply show/serve selected folders & content. I can't believe that oShare is really that unique. (Of course I do hope it's unique in its war on the E8000.)
post #4251 of 4310 Old 12-28-2013, 10:49 PM

Edit to the above post: Tried again & starting oShare now causes a single restart of the TV. Considering how much friendlier oShare is (for me) I can make do with this. I'll fondly remember the good old days of the D6900 when I didn't have to run back to the PC to start the service. Spoke too soon, it is looping through power cycles -- but at a slower, more random rate giving me at least a couple of minutes before it powers off/on again. And I am left bashing my head against the wall.
post #4252 of 4310 Old 12-31-2013, 12:05 PM
Advanced Member

So, my PN64E7000 has lost its mind. When I select Amazon Instant, it brings up Netflix. If I choose Hulu, it brings up YouTube, etc. Any suggestions what I should to to fix this?

Thanks,
Ted
post #4253 of 4310 Old 12-31-2013, 01:12 PM
Advanced Member

Nevermind. It fixed itself. All the icons have rearranged themselves, but they run the correct apps now at least.

-Ted
post #4254 of 4310 Old 01-12-2014, 05:19 PM

A couple of months ago I posted that the power supply blew up on my PN60e7000 and was replaced. The TV started power cycling again, not often, once week or less but still power cycling. I called Samsung and this time they replaced the wifi module. so we shall see how it goes. TV is 11 months old. Other than the power issue everything has been very satisfactory, no updating issues. sound is sub par but I have a sound bar

please read further done for more updates to never ending power issue^^^^^
post #4255 of 4310 Old 01-12-2014, 07:19 PM

Liked: 18
Quote:

FANTASTIC!

Does anyone here know of a good, simple server that will simply show/serve selected folders & content. I can't believe that oShare is really that unique. (Of course I do hope it's unique in its war on the E8000.)

mezzmo
post #4256 of 4310 Old 02-06-2014, 02:53 PM

After having my TV repaired twice under warranty for power cycling randomly, Samsung has decided without my interjecting to offer to replace my PN60E7000. I have been very happy with the TV. Color, picture quality, etc. Power cycling, while annoying hasnt been a big isue. But they are offering a new F8500, how can I say no. 10-13 until I receive my new PN60F8500 and I cant wait!! Samsung has definitely earned my repeat patronage. In fact I am putting a 50" F5500 plasma in my basement (dreaded pink screen frown.gif )
post #4257 of 4310 Old 02-06-2014, 09:14 PM

I got the PN60E8000 and all of sudden the power went off and the red light starts blinking. WHen i tried to power it back on, it will make a clicking noise but no power. Thankfully, it was still under the year warranty. Samsung got a tech in my area to come and fix it. It turns out, it was the main board that had to be replaced. Is this TV pretty reliable, or should i purchase an extended warranty with Samsung? Anybody have an idea on the pricing for the warranty? Is it worth it? Or should i just take my chances?

thanks
post #4258 of 4310 Old 02-15-2014, 06:54 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 89
The power went out on my PN60E7000 the other night. It won't even turn on.

Appreciate the advice here. Thanks.

Starting the repair saga next week...
post #4259 of 4310 Old 02-15-2014, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabuc View Post

The power went out on my PN60E7000 the other night. It won't even turn on.

Appreciate the advice here. Thanks.

Starting the repair saga next week...

Happened to me. I had the power supply replaced and it started power cycling again. Samsung replaced the wifi module and it is power cycling again and recently on several occasions the TV would not turn on. I would have to unplug it, plug it back in and then it would tuen on. I think this is also a power supply issue. Fortunately for me Samsung is replacing my TV. I am getting a F8500 monday and they are taking the E7000 back.

My advise is to call Samsung and get a repair guy out. Hopefully you are under warranty. I bought an extended 5 year warranty-havent used it yet since it is still covered under manufacture warranty but on expensive electronics I always buy one. Electronics today are expensive and made like crap.... great picture and all but they always break down. Of my last 3 TVs, all Samsung all have had issues.

Lastly, if you are out of warranty but in your second year and paid with a credit card, your credit card may have a benefit of a 2nd year of coverage already included-call them.

If you are just a little out of warranty call Samsung, I imagine they may be helpful. They are aware of these issues, I say that because this replacement I did not ask for. Samsung contacted me on their own after my 2nd repair and offered the exchange.....

good luck
post #4260 of 4310 Old 02-15-2014, 04:47 PM

The warranty issue riles a lot of people up in here. My feeling is on an expensive TV like yours, get a warranty. Like Square trade. I would not spend $500 on one but $100-$200 is cheap when you spent $2000-$3000 on the TV. Of my 2 most recent TVs, both Samsung-both have been replaced, one for extended warranty company and one from Samsung,

Also if you bought with a credit card you may have a 2nd year of warranty from them already
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn60e6500 60 Inch 1080p 600 Hz 3d Slim Plasma Hdtv , Plasma Hdtv , Samsung , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page