Forum Jump: 

post #4261 of 4325 Old 02-15-2014, 04:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scag2 View Post

I got the PN60E8000 and all of sudden the power went off and the red light starts blinking. WHen i tried to power it back on, it will make a clicking noise but no power. Thankfully, it was still under the year warranty. Samsung got a tech in my area to come and fix it. It turns out, it was the main board that had to be replaced. Is this TV pretty reliable, or should i purchase an extended warranty with Samsung? Anybody have an idea on the pricing for the warranty? Is it worth it? Or should i just take my chances?

thanks
When my Samsung DLP dies in the 5th year and last year of extended warranty, the extended warranty company wrote me a check for $1000-what I had paid for the TV new smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4262 of 4325 Old 02-17-2014, 07:27 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 101
atcdav, huge thanks for the advice here and taking the time to do so! Started the repair process today, so far so good. I am just out of warrantee but after speaking with the customer relations office, they are going to cover the service & repair cost. Now I just need to know exactly what is wrong and find out what my options are. I'm probably about a week out. Thanks again!
post #4263 of 4325 Old 02-17-2014, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabuc View Post

atcdav, huge thanks for the advice here and taking the time to do so! Started the repair process today, so far so good. I am just out of warrantee but after speaking with the customer relations office, they are going to cover the service & repair cost. Now I just need to know exactly what is wrong and find out what my options are. I'm probably about a week out. Thanks again!

no problem My F8500 up today. good luck
post #4264 of 4325 Old 02-19-2014, 06:26 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scag2 View Post

I got the PN60E8000 and all of sudden the power went off and the red light starts blinking. WHen i tried to power it back on, it will make a clicking noise but no power. Thankfully, it was still under the year warranty. Samsung got a tech in my area to come and fix it. It turns out, it was the main board that had to be replaced. Is this TV pretty reliable, or should i purchase an extended warranty with Samsung? Anybody have an idea on the pricing for the warranty? Is it worth it? Or should i just take my chances?

thanks

Wanted to give an update to my situation:

The TV was about 10 months old when this all started. First, the TV power would go off randomly, red light blinks and make a clicking noise when trying to come on. After plugging it into the wall, instead of Panamax digital surge protector. It came on for about 20 minutes and went back off and never came back on. I called Samsung Support and they gave the repair to a company in my area.

Video of the issue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsekYeF_NfU

1. First visit- They replaced the power capacitor and the TV still did not come on. They had to order more parts
2. Second Visit- They replaced the main board, blue tooth module, and wifi module. TV was find for about a week, then it went back off with red light blinking and clicking. Called Support
3. Third Visit- They replaced the Panel and everything was working fine for about 30-45 minutes. All of Sudden, i went outside and came back in and the TV was off with red light blinking. I unplugged it and plugged it back in. It came back on, it lasted for about 15 minutes. At that point, we heard a loud crack and i looked at the TV and see sparks coming from the bottom. I immediately unplugged it and called Support. They transferred me to customer relations and they said the service company needs to come back and deem it un-repairable, then they will accommodate me.

I will find out more info later today or tomorrow depending on when the service can come back out. I'm waiting on a call from them right now. I will update as i hear back.
post #4265 of 4325 Old 02-20-2014, 05:07 PM

Say on top of samsung. If they don't fix it to your satisfaction have them replace it
post #4266 of 4325 Old 03-02-2014, 03:28 PM

Liked: 11
Talking about extended warranty's. My warranty is about to expire and Samsung sent me a letter in the mail to extend it up to 3 years for $519.24. Do you guys think its worth it? I have until March 4th to decide.

Purchase date: 12-5-2012

FYI- I own the samsung plasma 60 inch E7000
post #4267 of 4325 Old 03-03-2014, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerchiarax View Post

Talking about extended warranty's. My warranty is about to expire and Samsung sent me a letter in the mail to extend it up to 3 years for $519.24. Do you guys think its worth it? I have until March 4th to decide.

Purchase date: 12-5-2012

FYI- I own the samsung plasma 60 inch E7000
Pretty expensive. Credit card used for purchase often doubles manufacture warranty. Check into it Shop around. Have you had issue so far?
post #4268 of 4325 Old 03-04-2014, 08:40 AM

Ya I thought so too, no issues so far, but that could be because I didn't use the tv for close to a year as I had to put in storage as I was in the middle of a move that took a lot longer then expected. I bought the tv at bestbuy with the bestbuy card not sure what coverage that could have. I heard square trade might be a good alternative.
post #4269 of 4325 Old 03-11-2014, 05:54 PM

I've owned my PN60E8000 for approximately a year and a half; it just downloaded the latest update a couple of days ago. Twice today, the unit shut itself off and came back on in approximately 5 seconds. I made sure non of the eco-features in the setup menu were on , just to see if that stops this from happening again. The second incident happened approximately 10 minutes ago. Hopefully this is not related to some hardware issue in the unit. If anybody has had this happened to their unit, please inform what may be causing it, and should the next step be contacting Samsung....
post #4270 of 4325 Old 03-12-2014, 07:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacari View Post

I've owned my PN60E8000 for approximately a year and a half; it just downloaded the latest update a couple of days ago. Twice today, the unit shut itself off and came back on in approximately 5 seconds. I made sure non of the eco-features in the setup menu were on , just to see if that stops this from happening again. The second incident happened approximately 10 minutes ago. Hopefully this is not related to some hardware issue in the unit. If anybody has had this happened to their unit, please inform what may be causing it, and should the next step be contacting Samsung....

There are some known hardware issues which could cause this, including the wi-fi board, even if you are not using wi-fi.

-Ted
post #4271 of 4325 Old 03-12-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
There are some known hardware issues which could cause this, including the wi-fi board, even if you are not using wi-fi.

Thanks-Talked to Samsung customer support this morning, not very helpful.....probably because its 4 months out of warranty (I do have an extended 3 yr warranty through a company set up thru Paul's TV-that should be fun);anyways, Samsung told me to unplug (while turned on) TV for 30 secs, then turn back on. So far so good.....anyways, the Samsung tech person said, yes, its a known issue, and that it may be a capacitor. I've owned several HDTV's over the years (Sony, Mits) without any hitches at all...In fact, my bedroom Vizio 37" has been kicking around close to 8 yrs without a problem. This will be the last Samsung I own.....
post #4272 of 4325 Old 03-18-2014, 03:09 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Great news in the repair front….

It took two attempts but Samsung eventually replaced the entire panel on my 2012 E7000 and all the components after the video board was totally fried.

My set was several months out of warrantee but Samsung made a "one-time adjustment" for me.

I am very grateful for an overall painless experience, excellent Samsung support, and excellent local repair support.

Having an all-new plasma panel all of this time later makes me very happy. So happy in fact, I got a brand new
Samsung PN51F5300 Plasma for the bed room to pair with a second Xbox One.

Thanks for all the help! Greatly appreciated!
ncted likes this.
post #4273 of 4325 Old 03-23-2014, 04:46 PM

I have the 8000 60 inch. I have read about turning off all the noise reducers and dynamic contract stuff ya da ya da. I have had it for about a year. I waited because I believe there really is a break in period on a plasma. Well today I turn off all the Samsung correction stuff and the picture is more stunning then before. Thanks to everyone who suggested that, quite the difference!
post #4274 of 4325 Old 03-23-2014, 06:46 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by budda109 View Post

I have the 8000 60 inch. I have read about turning off all the noise reducers and dynamic contract stuff ya da ya da. I have had it for about a year. I waited because I believe there really is a break in period on a plasma. Well today I turn off all the Samsung correction stuff and the picture is more stunning then before. Thanks to everyone who suggested that, quite the difference!

If you're pleased with that, you might want to try an optimization disc. You can get the freebie version from AVS forum or buy a commercial Bluray. The easiest one to use is the Disney WOW. That's about $20. It comes with color filter gels, but it's easier to use the RGB mode instead. That's located in the advanced settings of the picture menu. Short of a calibration, you can get nice results with that disc.
budda109 likes this.

post #4275 of 4325 Old 03-28-2014, 10:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Question for anyone who has a subscription to MLB.TV and uses the MLB app from Smart Hub, how well does it work?

Reviews from the Samsung site are pretty dismal. Thanks in advance.

Samsung PN60E7000
Samsung PN51F5300
OPPO BDP-103 Universal Disc Player
MartinLogan Motion Vision Gloss Black 5-Channel Soundbar
MartinLogan Dynamo 700 10-inch Wireless Ready Subwoofer
post #4276 of 4325 Old 04-10-2014, 07:36 AM

My sound level went abruptly down and the tv sounded like a cell phone all of a sudden... In addition I had the mysterious self-shut down process going on over the past few months. I did all the reset stuff and nothing helped...

Samsung didnt give me the time of day since I am well out of warranty but luckily I had signed up with G**k Sq**d who came out and replaced both main board and wireless boards... All good now smile.gif

Still loving this TV
ncted likes this.
post #4277 of 4325 Old 04-10-2014, 06:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Has anyone added the Evolution Kit to the E7000 plasma? And should I consider the SEK-1000 model for 2013 or will the 2014 SEK-2000 version be a better choice? Not sure if the SEK-2000 will work as the E7000 from 2012 was not listed as compatible. My understanding is the Evo Kit will basically upgrade the Smart Hub and add the On TV features found in the 2013 F5500 and F8500 plasmas.
post #4278 of 4325 Old 04-12-2014, 06:53 PM

Liked: 12
I need some help here... I have a 60e7000 with a cracked screen and money to either get a new panel or go for a 60f8500. I loved the e7000 and would like to replace the panel but if anyone has upgraded to the f8500 and it is superior to the e7000 minus the added brightness and slightly improved black levels I will probably go that route. What would you Guys do in this situation?
post #4279 of 4325 Old 04-13-2014, 06:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spimm View Post

I need some help here... I have a 60e7000 with a cracked screen and money to either get a new panel or go for a 60f8500. I loved the e7000 and would like to replace the panel but if anyone has upgraded to the f8500 and it is superior to the e7000 minus the added brightness and slightly improved black levels I will probably go that route. What would you Guys do in this situation?

I'd go for the new set. It sounds like a significant improvement over the 7000, not that the 7000 is a slouch, plus the newer smart TV tech should result in better longevity. Anyway, that is what I would do.

-Ted
post #4280 of 4325 Old 04-18-2014, 04:44 PM

Hi guys, I have a 64E8000 all of sudden Tv turns off by it's self. And freezes. Also Wifi stopped working. Is this a firmware or Hardware issue. ? Had the Tv for about 2 years.
post #4281 of 4325 Old 04-19-2014, 12:49 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanD12 View Post

Hi guys, I have a 64E8000 all of sudden Tv turns off by it's self. And freezes. Also Wifi stopped working. Is this a firmware or Hardware issue. ? Had the Tv for about 2 years.

My guess would be hardware unless you just recently did a firmware update and then started having problems. It could be the wifi module or just as easily another component. Some folks have issues with Samsung, but my experience with them has been great. On 2 occasions with differnt TV's that were out of warranty, they made good on the problems. One of the displays they replaced after 1 attempt to repair it. They just repaired my E8000. It was purchased 5-2012 and I called them 3-17-14 and the repair tech came 3-20-14 and repaired it under a 1 time warranty extension. If you call them (and you're not a babbling idiot and have some telephone skills) they'll cave in for a one time warranty repair.
The issue I had was the TV would power off and could not be restarted. I had to unplug the TV in order to get it to turn on again. My display is mounted to the wall so I was flipping the breaker to depower the thing. As far as the hardware issue, no one can diagnose the problem unless they are at your home. In my case they came out with several replacement boards in hand. The tech then goes into the service menu and can see if any component is generating errors. The wifi board is one of the suspected components even if you're not using wifi. In my case they found nothing in the service menu to point at a specific component, so based on his experience he changed the main power supply. It has been rock solid since. I asked him what this would have cost me and he guessed at about $500.

My suggestion is to call Samsung and go into that call knowing that you will get nowhere with the first level of customer service because you are out of warranty. That's how companies operate these days. The next level of customer support are the reps that have the authority and will fix the TV no charge.
ncted likes this.

post #4282 of 4325 Old 05-01-2014, 07:20 PM

Been very happy with the PN60E6500 to date; it's my third Samsung plasma, but unfortunately not the first one I've had to go under the hood on. Here's the situation:

Random power off a few days ago that could only be turned back on after unplugging set. Power LED blinked while it was off. A couple of nights later, we had a major storm that knocked out power out after a lot of flickering lights. Next morning, wife was watching TV and after a "couple of loud bangs" the tv shut off. Blinking LED but nothing else... a bit of clicking when you first plug in and try to turn it on, but otherwise dead.

Cracked it open this evening. Didn't see any bulging capacitors, but this transistor looks highly suspicious!

So my plan is to order a new power supply board and replace it. My working assumption is that if *this* transistor blew up, the others were probably rather stressed by it and it's better to just replace the whole board... Should I be considering just replacing the component and not the whole board? I see no other obvious problems.
post #4283 of 4325 Old 05-02-2014, 03:38 PM

Ugh... replaced the component and am still just getting clicks from the relay as it tries to start up, but it doesn't get any further. Think I need to just replace the whole board, but I'm having trouble finding one in stock anywhere.
post #4284 of 4325 Old 06-10-2014, 10:43 AM

Liked: 12
Hi,

had my 64e7000 for 18 months now - still loving it.

Up until today , I have not had cable - just exclusively streaming via, Netflix, Amazon, then of course just using ********** for latest movies etc, and using Plex.

Anyway, as I am from England and a HUGE football (soccer ) fan, I have just subscribed to ATT Uverse for 6 months (with no cancellation fees) , so that I can watch the World Cup on ESPN then cancel it when it is over in 6 weeks.

Anyway, couple of questions - is there a link for settings/ calibration settings for HD Cable , or should I just use my usual movie/ BR/ HD settings as per when I first set the TV up 18 month ago?

Secondly, the DVR does not allow native setting for the channels (which is crazy ) and furthermore , unlike UK (which is surprising as this is USA and everything is usually more advanced) they do not seem to broadcast in 1080P . So I have option of 1080i or 720p as a setting on my Uverse box. Can anyone recommend which setting to use? Is there a way of getting the TV to do all the processing and not the STB ?

Sorry if this is basic stuff, I was a huge poster in UK AV forums, but trying to get to grips with moving to USA and starting my whole AV setup all over again.

cheers

Simon
post #4285 of 4325 Old 06-10-2014, 05:13 PM

Hi,
Is there any market for parts for these plasma TVs with cracked glass, and any place for putting it up for parts that's better than Craigslist or eBay?

My Samsung PN51E7000 bought just a year and half ago on Amazon was barely used (literally under 200 hours) when a toy was thrown at it and cracked the glass, killing the display. Repair cost is around $1050, about what it's worth or more, so I just have to bite the bullet and throw it away...

Thanks.
post #4286 of 4325 Old 06-20-2014, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I just took a big chance and ordered a refurbished PN60E7000 from Newegg. I have bought one other refurbished Samsung TV 4 years ago and it never gave me an issue. I am a big fan of Samsung Plasmas. I have owned a PN50c550 and my parents own a PN64C7000. I am going to be very critical with this TV and if it is not perfect...or very close to, I'll send it back to Newegg.

This will be replacing my LN55C630. I bought a Vizio E600i-B3 a few days ago after reading good things. The picture is really quite nice and bright, but I really want the plasma inky blacks.
post #4287 of 4325 Old 06-25-2014, 01:59 AM

Does anyone have good pn60e7000 settings to start with? Are most e7000 users starting with David K's e8000 settings?
post #4288 of 4325 Old 06-25-2014, 06:54 AM

Does David K settings = Cnet settings? Are they the same? If not, please link them

thanks
post #4289 of 4325 Old 06-25-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scag2 View Post
Does David K settings = Cnet settings? Are they the same? If not, please link them

thanks
Yes. David K is the reviewer for Cnet. Are they what you are using? What model TV? How do you like them?
post #4290 of 4325 Old 06-25-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDust View Post
Yes. David K is the reviewer for Cnet. Are they what you are using? What model TV? How do you like them?
I have an E8000 and i do you use those settings. I love them. Really nice. I always get compliments
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn60e6500 60 Inch 1080p 600 Hz 3d Slim Plasma Hdtv , Plasma Hdtv , Samsung , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page