post #4321 of 4330 Old 08-08-2014, 06:46 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruiz00tx View Post
I was just looking at the invoice. 2 main boards are listed, 1 power board, and 1 wifi module. The guy told me he didn't change the main board. I thought something was fishy. Should I call the repair company first, or samsung directly?
Didn't you see what he did? Is it working now? Does the picture/color look right or did they get screwed up?
You have 30 days on the repair to get them back if it's not fixed. I would not alienate the repair folks at this point in case you need a return visit. If it's working, he did replace the power board.
If it was me, I'd forget about it. No need to stress out about a process you won't change. Just be happy about getting the TV repaired out of warranty.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4322 of 4330 Old 08-15-2014, 05:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I called samsung since I've been having the tv not turning on issue. Unfortunately I didn't get the same results as others on this forum. I was escalated to ECR and although being calm and friendly my only options were to buy an extended warranty or they offered to have a service center call me to to give me an estimate of the cost for repair. I was persistent, stating that I own several samsung tv's, and that this tv is less than 2 years old, that it was expensive, and I find it unreasonable that I have to pay to fix such a "young" tv. She didn't budge. Very frustrated. Really considering attempting to fix myself, but if rather not.
post #4323 of 4330 Old 08-18-2014, 12:00 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I registered on this forum just to say that my PN60E7000 (bought in 2012) started acting up this week. It turns off randomly and can only be turned back on after unplugging it (at one point, I've had to unplug it thrice in a span of ~2 hours though) so even though the solution works, it's terribly inconvenient. It also makes me worry that the TV is on the verge of dying. It's even more worrying that other people have this problem, too, and that it seems very similar to the problems addressed by the class action settlement for Samsung's '06-'08 models.

I just wanted to thank you guys for the tips and be accounted for as another e7000 owner with the same problem.
post #4324 of 4330 Old 08-18-2014, 03:07 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by doinee View Post
I registered on this forum just to say that my PN60E7000 (bought in 2012) started acting up this week. It turns off randomly and can only be turned back on after unplugging it (at one point, I've had to unplug it thrice in a span of ~2 hours though) so even though the solution works, it's terribly inconvenient. It also makes me worry that the TV is on the verge of dying. It's even more worrying that other people have this problem, too, and that it seems very similar to the problems addressed by the class action settlement for Samsung's '06-'08 models.

I just wanted to thank you guys for the tips and be accounted for as another e7000 owner with the same problem.
You could always try calling Samsung and see if you get better results than me.
post #4325 of 4330 Old 08-23-2014, 10:56 PM

Liked: 15
I'm trying to connect my tv to the wireless internet but is only connecting by lan. Is there anyone that can help fix my issue.

Samsung 64e8000 plasma
denon x4000
BW 683 Fronts,HTM61 Center, BW 685 Rears, sc4000 sw
apple tv
harmony 650
panasonic 210 blu ray
panamax m5300
post #4326 of 4330 Old 08-30-2014, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 92
I am trying to set up the On TV menu in the Smart Hub with a Samsung 530 cable box. After I put in the zip code, it says install and pair the IR Blaster. Well, I must have misplaced that item. Do I need to order a specific Samsung IR Blaster, or is there a generic version that works on all devices? And what is a good inexpensive vendor that sells such an IR Blaster?
post #4327 of 4330 Old 09-01-2014, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 92
After I connected the Samsung 530 cable box via HDMI, the E7000 TV has randomly started shutting off and turning back on again. Also, I changed from wired internet connection to wireless. So is it likely the WiFi causes this problem, or the HDMI? I did not have this problem when the TV was connected only to OTA antenna and direct wired ethernet cable. I see where this has been an issue.
post #4328 of 4330 Old 09-02-2014, 07:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
After I connected the Samsung 530 cable box via HDMI, the E7000 TV has randomly started shutting off and turning back on again. Also, I changed from wired internet connection to wireless. So is it likely the WiFi causes this problem, or the HDMI? I did not have this problem when the TV was connected only to OTA antenna and direct wired ethernet cable. I see where this has been an issue.
AFAIK: The wi-fi problem only exhibits when you first power-on the TV. It won't randomly reboot the TV after watching for 15 minutes. I am unaware how an HDMI connection could cause this, but I suppose anything is possible.
post #4329 of 4330 Old 09-05-2014, 01:02 PM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by doinee View Post

Just wanted to reiterate this. Long time lurker here. I've had the exact same issue on my PN64E8000 for a week or so now. Unplugging it works for maybe a few minutes then it shuts off on its own. Prior to this all 3 HDMI ports stopped working. I called Samsung and unfortunately my TV is out of warranty even with the 3 month extension. They are sending a tech out in the next few days to diagnose it. I am not happy at all that i will have to pay out of pocket for what seems to be a recurring issue with a lot of owners. Hopefully i can get the ECR department to grant me a one time repair.
post #4330 of 4330 Old 09-12-2014, 10:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Anyone know how to remove the wireless configuration on these sets? I had been using mine to watch Netflix and Amazon Instant, but I want to disconnect it after an ad popped up while I was watching regular TV after a recent firmware update. This was a pop-up ad while I was watching on the antenna input. It gave me the option to exit which I did, or press the select button (the one in the middle of the directional pad) for more information.

Clearly, the TV received this ad over the internet and displayed it based on what I was watching. I have blocked the TV from connecting to my wi-fi, but I would like to remove the configuration completely. Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
Ted
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn60e6500 60 Inch 1080p 600 Hz 3d Slim Plasma Hdtv , Plasma Hdtv , Samsung , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page