Official Samsung PNXXE7000 - PNXXE8000 owners thread - Page 148 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

Old 11-07-2015, 07:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc Dr. View Post
So my pn60e7000 blew up (sparks shot out while I was watching it). Took out the power supply board and found the black mark on the board and the back panel where it mounts. Can anyone who has replaced the power board only(not the main) tell me if this fixed their problem or does the main need to be replaced as well? I don't want to buy the power board and find out I have to get the main also since it sounds like that's not available judging by a couple of your posts.
In your case I would recommend sending your power supply board out to Otex (find my posts above on this) for repair and try that first. It's only $85 + various S&H (both ways). If that doesn't fix it, I'd probably recommend ordering a main board from Repair Clinic (find my posts above on this), since that's around $200 after you ship your core back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2015, 11:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I actually just shipped it out to Otex today. For the same reason you stated.
Old 11-07-2015, 11:49 AM

For reference, I am still going strong after power supply board repair and main board replacement. I love this TV. It's my first flat screen TV of any kind, but that doesn't mean my standards are low.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:50 AM

Well I got my power supply back from Otex yesterday. I installed it and the TV fired right up. Time will tell if the repair lasts. I'll update if there is any further issues.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:10 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello all...it's been some time since I've been on the forum. I purchased my 51" e7000 series Plasma back in March 2013 with the 5 years Geek Squad Protection. That warranty was a great investment, not only did I get a free professional calibration but piece of mind. Last December I was having sound issues with the tv. The sound produced was a very "tinny" sound lacking any bass or mid-bass. The Geek Squad came out and replaced the main board on the tv. A few months ago my tv started to turn off and on by itself. When I called them they suggested a firmware upgrade, I tried it but it didn't produce any results. Also, my speakers sounded blown when watching tv...we do have a soundbar and subwoofer but only use it for our "movie nights." So once again the Geek Squad came out yesterday and diagnosed the tv as having a bad power supply, so they put in an order for a new power supply and speakers. They will also re-calibrate the TV once the repairs are completed. Any more similar issues and it's possible I may be eligible for a replacement from BB. I just wanted to re-connect with all of you and share my two cents... be well and Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and your families!!!

Samsung PN51E7000
Sony BDP-S1000ES Blu-Ray Player
Klipsch HD Theater SB-3 w/ 10" Subwoofer
Sony PS4, Nintendo Wii U
Salamander Designs SDAV1 Black TV Stand
Old 12-03-2015, 06:42 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Holy cow!
Geek squad left a message today -- they received the replacement power card from Samsung!
I thought all stock of these had been exhausted about a year ago, am finding it very hard to believe it'll be real.
Hoping it's real -- hoping it'll last at least another 2.5 years. (or however long it takes for OLED to be just as good, affordable, and not curved!)

Won't be able to book a service call till next week. Will update after, with joy... or tears.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:50 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTO View Post
Holy cow!
Geek squad left a message today -- they received the replacement power card from Samsung!
I thought all stock of these had been exhausted about a year ago, am finding it very hard to believe it'll be real.
Hoping it's real -- hoping it'll last at least another 2.5 years. (or however long it takes for OLED to be just as good, affordable, and not curved!)

Won't be able to book a service call till next week. Will update after, with joy... or tears.
IT'S FIXED!

So, Geek Squad sent two tech out to install the new card today and...PN60E8000 lives again!
I can't figure out how they managed to a new card from Samsung when, apparently, there have been no cards in stock for ages. (I'm NOT complaining!)

Crossing all fingers that this new card isn't one of the lemons.

EDIT: Maybe Not...

Watching for a couple of hours, the picture seems dark to me. The set hasn't been working properly for months now so maybe I'm imaging that it was brighter, but this really seems dim -- like okay (just) in a completely dark room, but turn on a lamp & the screen looks pretty dark. And to get it to this point I had to turn on dynamic contrast. The weird thing is that blacks don't seem crushed & white seems fairly natural (in small patches - the Netflix logo is bleh, but full-sceen white was never a strong point of this set). It's almost as if the cell light was dialed back 30% or 50% .. or more? I have no idea how to objectively judge the screen is decisively dark so if anyone has a suggestion PLEASE! (I have no meters.) Fwiw, "Dynamic" mode looks to be about as bright overall as "Movie" used to. Of course, however bright, "dynamic" is unwatchable rubbish.

Last edited by JoeTO; 12-08-2015 at 10:52 PM. Reason: The Darkness
Old 12-15-2015, 05:16 PM

Liked: 0
Just wanted to let you all know that I too had both the WiFi and power supply issues fixed by Samsung early in the year on my PN64E7000. I had the soot on the back panel in the same area as many of you that have posted photos. Unfortunately, a couple of months after that I inadvertently cracked the screen

I wanted to put it out there that I am interested in acquiring a "new" panel from any of you who still have your non-working set, and have no real plans to fix or use it again. I would like the actual panel to a PN64E7000 with or without any of the boards since I still have mine and they all work. New ones from parts companies cost $1500+!!! Not worth the investment in a TV that is known to have issues.

Please let me know. Thanks.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:17 PM

Good day...

I'm hoping that someone may be able to help... Does anyone have a very detailed (high quality) picture of the back of their BNN-00516a board? Unfortunately, I broke a couple of traces to ICP801 and UQ802; these are the 16 pin and 14 pin ICs. If there's a schematic available, I'd much prefer that.

Any help is greatly appreciated...
Old 01-07-2016, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I hate reading this thread. LOL, should I be sitting here waiting for my p51e7000 to blow up? I bought it in 8/2012 with a 5 year BB warranty.
Seriously though, are there many people with TV's working perfectly after a few years? Mine is 3.5 years old and never had any issues.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:39 AM

LOL, what timing!! Today I am starting to get "snap" sounds while watching TV.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:27 PM
FX4

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I think this will be my last Samsung set. This one was a warranty replacement for a 2010 model. Now starting to have power issues. I see I am not alone. I'm thinking a three year life cycle for a 3200.00 television is unacceptable. Once ok every manufacturer drops a turd now and then but two...
Old 01-08-2016, 02:39 PM

PN64E7000FFXZA Power Supply BN44-00516A

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodr1 View Post
Good day...

I'm hoping that someone may be able to help... Does anyone have a very detailed (high quality) picture of the back of their BN44-00516a board? Unfortunately, I broke a couple of traces to ICP801 and UQ802; these are the 16 pin and 14 pin ICs. If there's a schematic available, I'd much prefer that.

Any help is greatly appreciated...
Copy and paste gone wrong... corrected the power supply part number.
Old 01-24-2016, 02:25 PM
FX4

BTW, mine died a week after my post. Now have a shiny new Sony. Probably repair the Samsung and plop it down in my office.
Old 01-24-2016, 11:30 PM

Liked: 11
I've got a pn51e7000. We picked it up in early 2013, and it has started going weird on us. In the past we had some issues with occasional restarts, but things went really south as of black friday. I picked up a samsung soundbar to help get more volume. I used hdmi-arc. It worked ok, but a few days later it started making crazy buzzing noises. This lasted for avout 30 seconds, and then the display reset itself (power cycle). Buzzing gone.

The next day it started doing this intermittently, so we thought it was the soundbar. We disconnected the soundbar and it still keeps having intermittent restarts. We reconnected the soundbar via optical, and intermittent restarts. Sometimes there is buzzing before the restart, sometimes there isn't.

I've tried it with multiple inputs, everything seems to have the same issue.

Some days it will work fine, others it will restart itself 10 times in an hour.

Also, if I try to go into wifi config the menu just disappears.

Does this sound like a bad mainboard? Or a bad power board? Or both? I can try taking it apart and seeing if I have any scorch marks anywhere. I've never troubleshot a TV before. Any help would be really appreciated. This thread is long but i'll read through as much as I can.
Old 01-25-2016, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by msarro View Post
I've got a pn51e7000. We picked it up in early 2013, and it has started going weird on us. In the past we had some issues with occasional restarts, but things went really south as of black friday. I picked up a samsung soundbar to help get more volume. I used hdmi-arc. It worked ok, but a few days later it started making crazy buzzing noises. This lasted for avout 30 seconds, and then the display reset itself (power cycle). Buzzing gone.

The next day it started doing this intermittently, so we thought it was the soundbar. We disconnected the soundbar and it still keeps having intermittent restarts. We reconnected the soundbar via optical, and intermittent restarts. Sometimes there is buzzing before the restart, sometimes there isn't.

I've tried it with multiple inputs, everything seems to have the same issue.

Some days it will work fine, others it will restart itself 10 times in an hour.

Also, if I try to go into wifi config the menu just disappears.

Does this sound like a bad mainboard? Or a bad power board? Or both? I can try taking it apart and seeing if I have any scorch marks anywhere. I've never troubleshot a TV before. Any help would be really appreciated. This thread is long but i'll read through as much as I can.
Sounds familiar. Not exactly the same, but mine started shutting itself randomly, and when it did, there would be no standby light. Couldn't turn back on, either with remote or manually, until I unplugged and plugged back in, or sometimes, if I just waited a few hours. From everything I read, it seemed like an obvious power board failure. But later on I noticed also that if I went into the menu, and drilled down into the net settings, it would either freeze (menu frozen, no response from remote or power button). Again, I had to disconnect power. Eventually I replaced the power board, and guess what? Not fixed. But I did disconnect the ethernet, and weirdly after about a week, it's behaving more or less normally again. Im thinking it's either the board that handles networking (not sure - main? Logic? ) or something overheating.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2016, 07:32 PM
FX4

SEK-1000 & 2000 owners, I can get an SEK-1000 for about 50.00 and the SEK-2000 for about 215.00, is the price difference worth it? I'm kind of leaning towards the 1000 since even after I repair this television the life cycle is most likely pretty limited. But if there is a big difference I may go with the SEK-2000.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:45 PM
FX4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX4 View Post
SEK-1000 & 2000 owners, I can get an SEK-1000 for about 50.00 and the SEK-2000 for about 215.00, is the price difference worth it? I'm kind of leaning towards the 1000 since even after I repair this television the life cycle is most likely pretty limited. But if there is a big difference I may go with the SEK-2000.
Well I got mine fixed, two blown rectifiers on the power board. Looks great again. Coppell TV Repair out of Texas did a fantastic job turning around my power board. I think they had the board in their possession whopping five hours before they had it repaired. Shipped back to me the following morning.

My question above still remains. Any takers?
Old 03-30-2016, 05:49 AM

Got my PN60E7000 in July 2012 and it just started turning off randomly recently. I can't remember if we got the BB warranty or not. It's only happened a few times, but it's happened 3x in the last 3 days.

I haven't read back through this thread, but I assume it's a known issue, since when I googled the model # and turning off, it led me to this thread.

Guess it's time to call Samsung and do some additional research/reading.
Old 04-03-2016, 11:16 AM

On my PN51e7000 I noticed the hockey game last night and now the race today both appear to be in a 'film' mode (or soap opera effect?). I have not touched any settings on it.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Old 04-03-2016, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzt41j View Post
On my PN51e7000 I noticed the hockey game last night and now the race today both appear to be in a 'film' mode (or soap opera effect?). I have not touched any settings on it.
Any ideas?
Thanks
This picture is driving me nuts! Smoothing is confirmed to be 'off'.
Old 04-04-2016, 07:33 AM

Called Samsung, they basically told me to pound sand. Dropped the TV off at their recommended repair shop closest to me. I should hear back today or tomorrow to see what the damage is and what it will cost to fix.

Very unamused that a nearly $2000 TV barely last 4 years. :|
Old 04-24-2016, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc Dr. View Post
Well I got my power supply back from Otex yesterday. I installed it and the TV fired right up. Time will tell if the repair lasts. I'll update if there is any further issues.
Well the power hasn't shut off since I got the new board in, but......the screen randomly shuts off. It just goes blank. The TV still has power as the sound still works. I didn't read back through the posts. Is there another board that's known to go bad? Is there replacements available?

BTW, I can get it to come back on. I just have to turn it off for a few seconds and turn it back on.
Old 04-25-2016, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue-sun View Post
Called Samsung, they basically told me to pound sand. Dropped the TV off at their recommended repair shop closest to me. I should hear back today or tomorrow to see what the damage is and what it will cost to fix.

Very unamused that a nearly $2000 TV barely last 4 years. :|
So I paid $250 for the shop to replace the main power supply board and to re solder another board. Picked up the TV and it worked for 48 hours, then it shut off again. I took it back to the shop, and he says that it's actually a short in the main display panel, which causes the other board to shut off. He said we need a new display panel, which is essentially the screen at the cost of another $900!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say, I'm not paying that. I was able to get a refund for the power supply board that was installed previously and he's going to recycle the TV. I didn't want to spend $200 on a TV, let alone $250 or $1150.

Looks like I will need a new TV, at least I'll be able to upgrade to a 4k set. Off to do some research.
Old 04-27-2016, 02:36 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 4
So I'll add my story to those of you with issues with this model. I had a different thing happen from the looks of the posts here in this thread.

About 8 months into owning my PN60E8000 it started to flicker but only on one HDMI port. After a while it would black out that HDMI source and acted as if it didn't exist. That was till one day it freaked out and went into a power cycle frenzy. I quickly called Samsung to get a diagnosis and schedule a repair. Tech comes out tells me it's a bad HDMI cable. I'm sitting there thinking ok, but I already changed the cable. To which he brushes off and tells me that it's the quality of the cable that's causing the issue. I've got good cables not cheap ones from Frys. So he finally decides to open it up and noticed a loose cable, he make sure it was tight and that was it.

Months later in my 13 (August 2013) month the display made a loud noise and then the same HDMI issues started to happen again. Knowing that I was outside my warranty with Samsung I gave my extended warranty contract (Geek Squad) a call. Guy comes out see's the display and taps the HDMI board and we get back the picture for that HDMI. Tech leaves and 20 minutes pass and another loud noise happens from the right of the tv. From that day forward it would freak out from time to time and the image would become unstable and distort. But it would come back properly after a little bit. So I tried to get it fixed and Bestbuy couldn't figure out what was causing this issue so they didn't have a case for getting an insurance claim from their third party warranty insurer.

So after being in a long (December 2013)battle and dealing with this "unfixable" issue with Bestbuy I contacted Samsung who told me I would have to pay to have a tech come out. Even after showing them video of the issue and then showing the tech that came out they were not able to wrap their head around it. So they refunded me the cost of the tech to come out. I was then forwarded to their executive customer service to arrange a one time replacement as a make good. After weeks of back and forth I was given a date for a tech to come out and inspect the tv once more since the previous tech didn't try something. So I obliged them the opportunity and another tech came and went without any replacement hardware installed for the HDMI. My calls went unanswered after that and no other support (since March 2014) has been given to me by Samsung for the tv.

Now is where things get better, wait I mean worse. It's June 2014, I came home to the tv and left it on while I did some dishes. When of course the right side starts to make loud noises. But something strange happens the HDMI issues stopped. Oh thank god! But that was short lived because almost immediately the tv started to display some issues on screen. Those little lines started and stayed on the right hand side. So I called up Geek Squad who I'd given up on to this point and asked if they would do replacement. Which given my previous calls should have been something I could do, but since their idea of calendar is the actual calendar and not 365 days since first contact they can't do anything of the sort. By this time parts were ordered and appointments made for the issue which they assumed was the HDMI board. Weeks go by and we fast approach the date of the scheduled repair, but it never happens. They were never able to get the part from their supplier. So I contacted Samsung and they told me that they don't sell directly to customers. And on and on I went down the line looking for this part so I could potentially fix the tv.

I buy a new HDMI board out of pocket knowing it won't be covered by the warranty, but at least you'd think that the installation would be covered. Nope, see Geek Squad won't even touch the tv unless they are the one's who procure the parts to fix the tv. And since I still have a warranty with them I didn't want to open it up myself to install it and void my contract with them. So I keep bugging them from 2014 all the way till October 2015 when I finally got a "we're sorry to inform you" letter in the mail about the part no longer being in their system. In this time the HDMI issue decided to come back and that was it. I tried to plead my case, but due to there not being 3 instances of problems within a calendar year they were unable to help remediate the issue by giving me my money back for this dud of a tv. Nor were they able to fix it due to the parts no longer being available to them.

Since then I've taken upon myself to request arbitration between myself and Best Buy's Geek Squad service provider and have a date scheduled for the same day I purchased this tv 4 years ago. As a bonus the tv which I've continued to use despite It's faults has even more issues. So I took a few pictures along the way and a video of the HDMI issues I was having. You can view those here: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...5Hd1ZsRFRZRGVR

I wish there was something more I could do in the meantime but all I can do is hope arbitration allows some relief from this rather frustrating TV. Be warned that arbitration with Samsung is very expensive and not worth it for those of us on the west coast. You have to pay to have the arbitrator come to your city. At least with Best Buy I can make the short trip to a local city and go through the process.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160418_182609.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	410.8 KB
ID:	1407930  
Old 05-04-2016, 07:45 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
I have a pn60e7000 that was wall mounted. I took it off the wall to paint, (still on a stand...) and now I'm having power cycling issues.

Without reading through 150 pages, and anybody tell me if the power supply is the common issue? If so, do we have a part number?

Thanks!
Old Today, 09:57 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Anyone know how much a new screen repair cost on a pn64e8000? I called the repair numbers samsung gave me but they need a serial and i really dont feel like taking the tv off the wall just for a price quote. Not sure why they made such a big deal about just giving the price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Samsung Pn60e6500 60 Inch 1080p 600 Hz 3d Slim Plasma Hdtv , Plasma Hdtv , Samsung , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv