Official Samsung PNXXE7000 - PNXXE8000 owners thread - Page 149 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

Old 09-14-2016, 11:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Shuts off after 5-10 minutes - power supply or main control board?

I've spent hours reading through this thread but cannot clearly discern whether I need a power supply or a main control board for my PN60E8000.

Upon good power on, unit will shut off anywhere from 5 minutes to hours later. Front lower left red led flashes in the following cycle:

short (a quick flash), medium (maybe 1 second), short, medium, short, medium, short, medium, short, long (4 seconds)
... repeat ...

I then unplug it, wait, replug and turn it back on. Works fine for 5 minutes to hours and then shuts down again.

I don't know how many are still following this thread but can anyone tell me whether I need a new power supply or main board (which is much more expensive)? I'd like to believe the LED cycle above would tell us something but I couldn't find anyone referencing the flash code it is giving.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2016, 09:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger519v View Post
I've spent hours reading through this thread but cannot clearly discern whether I need a power supply or a main control board for my PN60E8000.

Upon good power on, unit will shut off anywhere from 5 minutes to hours later. Front lower left red led flashes in the following cycle:

short (a quick flash), medium (maybe 1 second), short, medium, short, medium, short, medium, short, long (4 seconds)
... repeat ...

I then unplug it, wait, replug and turn it back on. Works fine for 5 minutes to hours and then shuts down again.

I don't know how many are still following this thread but can anyone tell me whether I need a new power supply or main board (which is much more expensive)? I'd like to believe the LED cycle above would tell us something but I couldn't find anyone referencing the flash code it is giving.

Thanks!
I have the exact same issue with my pn60e70000, i'm trying to troubleshoot it. It randomly turns off and standby starts blinking. If I unplug it for a little while, it will come back on.

I had a previous issue last year where the power supply was dead with no standby, but I got lucky by resoldering the transitors near the center of the board and it came back to life. I tried resoldering a bunch of them again this time but no luck.

At one point, it seemed that I could tap on the panasonic relay near the ac input and get things working again. I ordered a new relay from mouser thinking that was the issue. After installing it, it worked for a little while but still started cutting off again. I did notice the new relay is much quieter than the old one so maybe it helped, maybe not. I also updated to the 1060 firmware but that didn't much either.

Anyhow, I found the service manual on samsung parts dot com for $12 plus shipping so i have that on order. I borrowed a good dmm so I'll I'll start probing around for bad components. It seems capacitors and mosfets are common suspects so I'll probably order some and give it a shot. I'm not sure if I'm dealing with a power supply or main board issue so i'm hesitant to order a new board kust yet. Plus, if I can figure out which component to replace to repair it for just a few bucks, I'd much rather do that than shell out several hundred for a new board or repair service. Any advice would be helpful.
Old 10-02-2016, 07:51 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
FWIW, I had the same problem. Replaced the power board, no change. But disabling network seemed to solve it after the fact. I also have issues with flashing, where blacks flicker to grey. Haven't pinned this down to the TV as it doesn't happen in menus.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2016, 03:29 PM

Liked: 21
I've got a PN51E7000 that I purchased about 4 years ago. The display gets purple banding and splotches when the screen is bright. For example while watching Hockey or Hoth scenes from Empire Strikes Back.

Ended up buying a new Sony (this is my first and likely last Samsung) but wondering if anyone has a recommendation on what to do with this thing. New Panels are about $700. I've heard on older Samsung Plasmas the VS pots could be adjusted for voltage and may just open it up and give it a try....

I'd sell it on Craigslist but even working Plasmas aren't going for that much.

It doesn't do any of the power off stuff. It did it a couple times within the first year so I had the main board replaced as a precaution. I don't have need for it in any other rooms. It's covered up and just sitting in the garage for now.

But, it gave me an excuse to bump up to a sweet 65" 4K TV - and my wife didn't even seem to mind.

Last edited by boondongle; 10-04-2016 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:13 AM

Liked: 11
HDMI Cable swap seems to have fixed my flashing issue. FYI

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Samsung Pn60e6500 60 Inch 1080p 600 Hz 3d Slim Plasma Hdtv , Plasma Hdtv , Samsung , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv