I am a proud, new owner of a PN60E7000. First time post so be kind with the flames
Ok, I've now read through this entire thread. A few observations....
1) Yes, it has the chrome, swivel stand.
2) The bezel is titanium with a thin acrylic edge.
3) The glasses provided with it are not the new 'universal' glasses, but the 3050's (I imagine that will eventually change when they finally run out of them).
4) The picture is fabulous,... out of the box.
5) I haven't seen any pops when watching hockey.
6) No apparent buzzing. (I assume there would be some noise if I put my head close enough to the panel, but since it would be difficult for me to actually watch it at the same time I don't care)
7) I bought a sub-$30 Logitec wireless USB keyboard and mouse, plugged it in, and it immediately worked flawlessly. I see no need for the $100 Samsung integrated keyboard/touchpad (whenever it does reach market). [end edit]
I do have these questions... Should the settings for the 8000 translate to the 7000? I found a complete listing of settings (sorry, not enough posts for a URL link) over at CNet for the E8000 but no mention of whether they would be appropriate for the 7000. Also, I didn't see a listing of settings here. Did I just miss them?