My new 64E8005 compared to earlier 63C7705 (8000 series..)
- Black level "about" same (or little better) except this time it is good in all modes (50hz, 24hz cinema smooth)
- Panel is uniform, no faint horisontal bands in for example full color or blue sky backgrounds like in C series
- Line bleed is greatly improved, usually nonexistent.
- 3d crosstalk is greatly improved.. usually there is none (earlier C had it almost every where..) but it is not still not as good as passive (white object in black background still causes little crosstalk)
- Not much difference in HD image quality (except those mentioned above..)
- SD material is somehow worse, C series did amazing job with SD picture, now it is only "good"
- Gaming is at least as good it was with earlier C series. Does not feel laggy at all. And seems to be IR resistant like earlier 63C series
- Regular remote is better than earlier metal one.
- Voice command work ok'ish but generally useless feature as is touch remote (very weird laggy feeling..)
- Gesture control just wont work in normal "not so bright" room, -> useless
- buzzes but does not annoy me much.. (I think this does not affect all sets, I just got buzzer