Official Samsung PNXXE7000 - PNXXE8000 owners thread - Page 43 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1261 of 4330 Old 05-22-2012, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 35
This noise is very real (NOT your standard plasma buzz) and I'd bet big money it affects far more than 1% of the Samsung plasmas out there. While there are undoubtedly some silent sets (I've seen them in the D series), the rest are likely situations where people either simply can't hear it (adults 30+ can easily have enough hearing damage, I have first hand experience), can tolerate it (e.g., don't hear it as well), or their room/positioning is mitigating it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 4330 Old 05-22-2012, 05:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvidHiker View Post

This noise is very real (NOT your standard plasma buzz) and I'd bet big money it affects far more than 1% of the Samsung plasmas out there. While there are undoubtedly some silent sets (I've seen them in the D series), the rest are likely situations where people either simply can't hear it (adults 30+ can easily have enough hearing damage, I have first hand experience), can tolerate it (e.g., don't hear it as well), or their room/positioning is mitigating it.

Well I"m 50 Years old with Tinnitus (ringing in the ears) and I can hear it unmistakably in my 3 day old PN60E7000. Front and center about 10+ feet and there it is. It seems to be radiating from the entire front panel, I've had to start from directly in front of the panel and work my way back to confirm this. I've got a Samsung contracted technician coming on Friday "inspect" the problem, when he gets here I'm just going to have him sit exactly were I sit when watching television and then ask him whether or not that buzzing is normal or not.
post #1263 of 4330 Old 05-22-2012, 06:59 PM

Just got my replacement 60E7000 up on the wall and set up. I hear no buzzing at all so they do exist. Its way better than the D7000 they took away which had a slight directional buzz.

I'm really happy with the set the blacks are definitely better from what I have seen so far.
post #1264 of 4330 Old 05-22-2012, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
So after updating to the most recent firmware, my PN51E8000, which replaced a defective PN50C8000 under warranty has become prone to random power offs (and then immediate power ons) about every five to ten minutes.

Faulty Power Supply?
post #1265 of 4330 Old 05-22-2012, 07:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:

so what size e series do you own.or do you have one.
are you a pot stirrer saying that all old people over 30 cant hear this buzz thing are you kidding

My main setup
PN60E8000 Plus evolution 2013Kit + Directv genie + Panasonic 3D blu-ray player + Onkyo TX-NR 818 9.2 Bic F12 subs Onkyo M-5010 2-Channel Amplifier for wides.
MY 10' X 15' DEN
PN51F5500 + Directv Genie + Panasonic 3D blu-ray player + Onkyo TX-NR 737 5.2.2
post #1266 of 4330 Old 05-22-2012, 08:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by bargervais View Post

are you a pot stirrer saying that all old people over 30 cant hear this buzz thing are you kidding

You've obviously never heard of mosquito alarms, ringtones, etc.

post #1267 of 4330 Old 05-22-2012, 08:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic View Post

You've obviously never heard of mosquito alarms, ringtones, etc.

no is that like a dog whistle

all I'm saying is my pn60e8000 does not buzz
is thread about buzzing??????

lets talk calibration, voice command, gesture control
i wonder if people come in here and complain, i'm not even sure some people even own one

My main setup
PN60E8000 Plus evolution 2013Kit + Directv genie + Panasonic 3D blu-ray player + Onkyo TX-NR 818 9.2 Bic F12 subs Onkyo M-5010 2-Channel Amplifier for wides.
MY 10' X 15' DEN
post #1268 of 4330 Old 05-22-2012, 08:31 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTorino351 View Post

Hey guys,sorry if this has been discussed,but I have the ps64e8000 and I'm wondering why I can't turn cinema smooth on when playing games or watching tv. My ps58c7000 is a lot smoother than this tv.I'm actually quite disappointed in it. Thanks

Hi, have you considered returning it or selling it; and getting the UN##ES8000 LED model? Your eyes might like it's performance better.
Thanks, Bob C
post #1269 of 4330 Old 05-23-2012, 01:17 AM

Quote:

no is that like a dog whistle

all I'm saying is my pn60e8000 does not buzz
is thread about buzzing??????

lets talk calibration, voice command, gesture control
i wonder if people come in here and complain, i'm not even sure some people even own one

After spending 2k on a plasma television from what is supposed to be a highly rated and reputable manufacturer like Samsung and getting a plasma television that buzzes loudly to distraction I think you have a right to complain and adding insult to injury, learning that Samsung is apparently doing nothing to fix this problem as it has occurred in at least 3 generations of their plasma models. There is obviously something wrong someplace. Wouldn't you agree?
post #1270 of 4330 Old 05-23-2012, 02:21 AM

Quote:

Ha ha ha I'm over 30 and can hear mine as clear as day sonny
post #1271 of 4330 Old 05-23-2012, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for the rude response, maybe you should read my post again and see if you can figure it out. I own a 59D7000 (which I have pointed out several times in this thread) and we have lots of history with this noise, which I feel entitles me to express my opinion here given the rapidly mounting evidence of it for the E series (and some people's insensitive and desperate attempts to trivialize it). Sorry, but you don't make the rules.
post #1272 of 4330 Old 05-23-2012, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Comparison would be greatly appreciated.
I am what you might call a little anal about big purchases. I currently own a p60st50 and love it. I have also owned a pn59d7000 and also liked its image quality. While I am still within my return period I was thinking I should order a pn60e7000 and do a direct comparison between the st50 and e7000.

My reasoning for this is the TV I stick with will be the one I stay with for at least the next 5 years and I want to ensure I get the best one possible for that reason.

Is there anyone here that has seen these two side by side in a controlled environment or can compare the image quality/motion/gaming/features to give me an idea if it is worth me even going through the trouble of placing an order. PQ is my number one priority. I don't really care about the internet features. I am also curious how input lag is for gaming.

I loved the pq on the D7000 but it just had too many issues I could not live with. Very aggressive ABL, FB. The clarity of the panel was awesome though so I am curious if this years E7000 would be considered an upgrade or at a minimum, have the same PQ as the D7000 without the annoying issues that plagued the D7000.

Any input or impressions would be greatly appreciated. The st50 is an extremely solid set though I must say. Something is telling me to give the E7000 a test drive.
post #1273 of 4330 Old 05-23-2012, 08:11 AM

Here's a suggestion: why don't someone create a separate complaints thread for buzzers, hockey poppers, or what the hell ever. My set doesn't buzz and I'm tired of the same few sh$$ting in this thread.

Why must I wade thru all the BS just to get any useful info?

No one is discounting your claim, but seriously it needs to go into another more specific thread.
post #1274 of 4330 Old 05-23-2012, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

I made the very same suggestion a month or two ago in this very thread. This is what always happens with generic threads like these - there is a ton of far more useless stuff in here anyway. How about this - if you guys want to focus discussion on settings and calibration (for example), why not start a thread for that? It worked very nicely to keep us D series owners focused, and was far more effective than our buzzing thread (which couldn't stop buzzing discussion in the general thread). You're fighting a loosing battle, I promise you that.
post #1275 of 4330 Old 05-23-2012, 08:49 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstew419 View Post

No one is discounting your claim, but seriously it needs to go into another more specific thread.

Use the "Ignore list" feature in your user control panel. If a poster gets hung up posting the same thing over and over, just add that username to your ignore list. At some point that user may post something of value that you wont see, but the ignore list can sure clean up the thread for you.

post #1276 of 4330 Old 05-23-2012, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstew419 View Post

Here's a suggestion: why don't someone create a separate complaints thread for buzzers, hockey poppers, or what the hell ever. My set doesn't buzz and I'm tired of the same few sh$$ting in this thread.

Reporting the problem here is appropriate since it serves the potential buyer much better since they often only look to the owner's thread and not for specific problem threads.

People disputing their claim is what results conversations that take up much more thread space.

post #1277 of 4330 Old 05-23-2012, 10:31 AM

Liked: 11
There won't be consensus on the buzzing (or lack thereof) issue.

There are people who hear nothing (Bargevais, me, several others) and there are people who hear it to varying degrees. Short of a person from one group visiting a person from the other group, there will never be any definitive answer as to whether the issue is related to your hearing or related to the technology in general (plasma) or related to the manufactuer or related to the environment (positioning, wall-mount, tv-height, etc.).

Buyers considering a purchase should really get one take-away from this thread; some poeple have reported excessively loud buzzing and therefore a potential buyer should consider the return policy of the store they purchase from (just in case) and try to see in a store if they can hear the buzzing.

There isn't much else to be said, really.
post #1278 of 4330 Old 05-23-2012, 12:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deria View Post

There won't be consensus on the buzzing (or lack thereof) issue.

There are people who hear nothing (Bargevais, me, several others) and there are people who hear it to varying degrees. Short of a person from one group visiting a person from the other group, there will never be any definitive answer as to whether the issue is related to your hearing or related to the technology in general (plasma) or related to the manufactuer or related to the environment (positioning, wall-mount, tv-height, etc.).

Buyers considering a purchase should really get one take-away from this thread; some poeple have reported excessively loud buzzing and therefore a potential buyer should consider the return policy of the store they purchase from (just in case) and try to see in a store if they can hear the buzzing.

There isn't much else to be said, really.

Accurate assessment. You Sir or Ma'am, should not be on an ignore list!

post #1279 of 4330 Old 05-23-2012, 01:32 PM

I am hoping someone one here could answer a few questions concerning a trade up to the E series from the D series and and differences between 7000 and 8000 model?

1. combing though this thread I have seen several people claim they were offered e80000 plasmas for there defective d8000; I was offered a replacement for my defective d8000 but with no specific guarantee on 2012 model. When I pressed the Samsung representative he politely stated the seller (bestbuy) would offer me a comparable TV. Is there some outside variables that for your guarantee or just luck? Or was the guarantee given by the vendor?

2. So taking the representative at his word and doing a little research I concluded the most comparable model for my d8000 would be the e7000;am I wrong in this assertion?

3. I get the e8000 has gesture control and built in camera which I personally could care less about but I was told by a samsung rep that the clear motion rate for the e8000 was higher then the e7000 is this true and if so is the difference a big deal concerning motion performance? Are there any other spec disparities bewteen the e7000 and e8000 models?
post #1280 of 4330 Old 05-23-2012, 01:43 PM

Quick question all... can anyone tell me if the stand for the 51' D7000 will fit the 51' E7000? I currently have the foot-style stand of the D-Series and want to use it for the E-Series I'm about to order (don't like the claw-style stand at all). Samsung support hasn't been any help (surprise), so I was hoping someone here might be able to confirm this one way or another. The back of the stand looks the same, but not sure if the screws will line up exactly. Thanks for your help!
post #1281 of 4330 Old 05-23-2012, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for the rude response, maybe you should read my post again and see if you can figure it out. I own a 59D7000 (which I have pointed out several times in this thread) and we have lots of history with this noise, which I feel entitles me to express my opinion here given the rapidly mounting evidence of it for the E series (and some people's insensitive and desperate attempts to trivialize it). Sorry, but you don't make the rules.

sorry but maybe you should buy an e series and then comment on it my PN60E8000 that does not buzz i'm very offended that you said all old people over 30 can't hear

My main setup
MY 10' X 15' DEN
post #1282 of 4330 Old 05-23-2012, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmond82 View Post

I am hoping someone one here could answer a few questions concerning a trade up to the E series from the D series and and differences between 7000 and 8000 model?

1. combing though this thread I have seen several people claim they were offered e80000 plasmas for there defective d8000; I was offered a replacement for my defective d8000 but with no specific guarantee on 2012 model. When I pressed the Samsung representative he politely stated the seller (bestbuy) would offer me a comparable TV. Is there some outside variables that for your guarantee or just luck? Or was the guarantee given by the vendor?

2. So taking the representative at his word and doing a little research I concluded the most comparable model for my d8000 would be the e7000;am I wrong in this assertion?

3. I get the e8000 has gesture control and built in camera which I personally could care less about but I was told by a samsung rep that the clear motion rate for the e8000 was higher then the e7000 is this true and if so is the difference a big deal concerning motion performance? Are there any other spec disparities bewteen the e7000 and e8000 models?

i can't comment on the e7000 i have a 60e8000 but i don't use the gesture or voice control but i can tell you I'm 100% satisfied no buzz picture is amazing i have it hooked up to my receiver with an HDMI input 2(arc) which i think that the e7000 dose not have someone please correct my if I'm wrong if they do a swap for e8000 that would be my recommendation thats just me talking

My main setup
MY 10' X 15' DEN
post #1283 of 4330 Old 05-23-2012, 02:28 PM

Liked: 12
I am a new 60e8000 owner who is both an audiophile and a suffer of misophonia (I wonder if those afflictions go together). No buzz on my set, thankfully. It would drive me crazy as well.
post #1284 of 4330 Old 05-23-2012, 03:12 PM

[quote=bargervais;22056779]i can't comment on the e7000 i have a 60e8000 but i don't use the gesture or voice control but i can tell you I'm 100% satisfied no buzz picture is amazing i have it hooked up to my receiver with an HDMI input 2(arc) which i think that the e7000 dose not have someone please correct my if I'm wrong if they do a swap for e8000 that would be my recommendation thats just me talking[/QUOTE

Thanks for chiming in! I too will be hooking up my tv to a reciever via HDMI. What are the advantages of using this arc feature? I will now try to research if this feature is not included in the e7000 thanks
post #1285 of 4330 Old 05-23-2012, 03:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks for chiming in! I too will be hooking up my tv to a reciever via HDMI. What are the advantages of using this arc feature? I will now try to research if this feature is not included in the e7000 thanks

The receiver must also support "Audio Return Channel". It allows the audio from the TV (when the TV is the source of the audio) to be sent to the receiver over the same HDMI cable that feeds the TV with the video and audio from other sources like your BluRay player. Basically the audio on the HDMI cable is bi-directional.

post #1286 of 4330 Old 05-23-2012, 03:30 PM

[quote=desmond82;22056998]
Quote:

i can't comment on the e7000 i have a 60e8000 but i don't use the gesture or voice control but i can tell you I'm 100% satisfied no buzz picture is amazing i have it hooked up to my receiver with an HDMI input 2(arc) which i think that the e7000 dose not have someone please correct my if I'm wrong if they do a swap for e8000 that would be my recommendation thats just me talking[/QUOTE

Yes the E7000 series have ARC
post #1287 of 4330 Old 05-23-2012, 03:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:

sorry but maybe you should buy an e series and then comment on it my PN60E8000 that does not buzz i'm very offended that you said all old people over 30 can't hear

http://www.roger-russell.com/hearing/hearing.htm

Larry
LL
Icon13 likes this.
post #1288 of 4330 Old 05-23-2012, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

[quote=jroptop;22057068]
Quote:

Yes the E7000 series have ARC

thanks i wasn't sure my pn50c7000 has the ARC but i didn't know for if the e7000 had it

My main setup
MY 10' X 15' DEN
post #1289 of 4330 Old 05-23-2012, 04:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryInRI View Post

http://www.roger-russell.com/hearing/hearing.htm

Larry

hey Sonny can you speak up

My main setup
MY 10' X 15' DEN
post #1290 of 4330 Old 05-23-2012, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:

hey sunny can you speak up

Ha! It is scientific fact. You can choose to believe it or not -- but it won't change the fact.

Do you know who Harry F. Olson is? Do you know what a logarithm is?

Larry
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn60e6500 60 Inch 1080p 600 Hz 3d Slim Plasma Hdtv , Plasma Hdtv , Samsung , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page