My PN51E7000 arrived a couple of days ago, but I finally had time to set it up today.
1) Buzzing is so quiet that I have to put my ear up next to the screen with MUTE on just to hear it clearly. (It's very faint with sound on, but can't be heard from any reasonable sitting distance.)
2) Wow the picture is sharp!
I have a Pioneer PRO-111FD as well, but this screen looks a lot sharper with a lot less dither noise.
3) Black levels don't seem to be anywhere near my KURO. I could tell that the picture settings were off in stock movie mode, but even with using tweaks from CNET, the blacks look elevated and milky.
4) Picture settings don't copy between inputs and/or apps! *grumble*
Copying settings is such a hassle. Is there a shortcut I've missed? (I'm using the newest 1018 firmware by the way.)
5) The SmartHub error is annoying. Despite all the bells and whistles, there needs to be better QC. It's working now after I "reset" it by going to the SmartHub, pressing Tools --> Settings --> Reset (code: 0000).
6) I love how quickly the television turns on! It's roughly 3 seconds or so versus about 10 for the KURO.
7) SD content looks a lot better on this than the KURO. I've never been a fan of Pioneer's video processing and scaling. Even my old Samsung HL-S6187W had better SD video processing. DirecTV SD content is now far more amenable and tolerable.
8) My Wi-Fi network settings were detected quickly and accurately, and my network connection test passed normally. However, when I tried to run the firmware update service, it constantly timed out. Fortunately I have my router near this display and hooked everything up with an ethernet cable. Internet packets now pass correctly to the display in all functions/modes/apps.
9) Film Mode is greyed out on almost every channel/input. When it is accesible, I'm only offered Auto1/Auto2 or Off. What's the correct 'Auto" mode to properly deinterlace film content? I haven't tested 24p Blu-ray input yet, which I presume will offer me the CinemaSmooth setting.
Overall, (and after considerable research) I'm satisfied with my purchase.
I'm not plagued by some of the concerns that others have expressed. If I can find good settings for tuning the 0-10 IRE range, I'll be a pig in ****.