Official Samsung PNXXE7000 - PNXXE8000 owners thread - Page 97 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2881 of 4325 Old 11-30-2012, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Anyone have this issue with the loose bezel?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2882 of 4325 Old 11-30-2012, 09:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerchiarax View Post

Hi guys,
Can someone that owns the E7000 do me a solid. I know I'm probably being too... cant think of the word so I'll say picky... But can you take a look at where your screen meets the bezel in the left and right bottom corner and let me know if yours is flush to the screen. I see a tiny gap and noticed a hair and a tiny furball that I was able to get out.. inside the gap when I was wiping the screen. Please take a look and let me know if you have the same gap. I'll probably take a picture after work... in case I'm not making much sense from my description.
Thanks...

I'm not sure what you are asking but my bezel is not flush with the glass.

Go Duke !
post #2883 of 4325 Old 12-01-2012, 06:08 AM

Quote:

Hi guys,
Can someone that owns the E7000 do me a solid. I know I'm probably being too... cant think of the word so I'll say picky... But can you take a look at where your screen meets the bezel in the left and right bottom corner and let me know if yours is flush to the screen. I see a tiny gap and noticed a hair and a tiny furball that I was able to get out.. inside the gap when I was wiping the screen. Please take a look and let me know if you have the same gap. I'll probably take a picture after work... in case I'm not making much sense from my description.
Thanks...

Yup, there is a tiny gap. I couldn't really visually detect it but I tried to put the corner if a piece if paper between the screen and bezel. It slees in about a half centimeter.
cerchiarax likes this.
post #2884 of 4325 Old 12-01-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamtrinity View Post

Yup, there is a tiny gap. I couldn't really visually detect it but I tried to put the corner if a piece if paper between the screen and bezel. It slees in about a half centimeter.

Thanks I feel a lot better now. I got worried either I had a defect or I did something when putting the stand on. I really hate putting the tv face first when installing the stand.
post #2885 of 4325 Old 12-02-2012, 12:11 AM

Hey all. So My TV has been working great. However over the past week I notice that my TV would "flash" the smart hub exactly 2 mins after I turn my TV on. It only shows up for like half a sec but it still bothers me. I'm also not sure if it happens any other time. But it does happen EVERY time I turn on my TV exactly 2mins,

So does anyone have this problem? Is there a known fix? Anyone have any ideas about what could be the problem?

Thanks for any info anyone can provide.
post #2886 of 4325 Old 12-02-2012, 01:07 AM

Liked: 10
Yup.....my un60es7100 is doing it.......the 7100 thread last page 29 has alot of owners now chiming in with the same exact issue.....it appears this happened to is all after our latest update from the smart hub......I love my 7100 but its only a week old and I wont pay for a product to have to worry about my tv doing something weird after every update....mine may go back.....its a shame.......call samsung and bitch them out
post #2887 of 4325 Old 12-02-2012, 05:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millionaire2K View Post

Hey all. So My TV has been working great. However over the past week I notice that my TV would "flash" the smart hub exactly 2 mins after I turn my TV on. It only shows up for like half a sec but it still bothers me. I'm also not sure if it happens any other time. But it does happen EVERY time I turn on my TV exactly 2mins,
So does anyone have this problem? Is there a known fix? Anyone have any ideas about what could be the problem?
Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

Which display and firmware version do you have? I have the 60e8000 and updated to 1041.1 yesterday. I've not noticed this issue yet. I had avoided any updates after reading about issues people had with the last updates, but I did it anyway.

Edit: I'll take that back, it does flash the smart hub screen for a millisecond. Had I not been patiently waiting for the issue, and trying not to blink, I wouldn't have noticed it. Fortunately, as you stated, it only happens shortly after you turn the TV on and doesn't present again. This shouldn't happen, but if I had to choose an anomaly to live with, this would be the one.

post #2888 of 4325 Old 12-02-2012, 11:40 AM

I also have the 60e8000. I don't know firmware. However when I check for new it says there is no new firmware. I also uninstalled all apps I could and it still happens. I also have 2 HDD, a USB drive, PS3, Tivo and Samsung Sound Bar hooked up to the TV.
post #2889 of 4325 Old 12-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
I am seeing the flash on my 64e7000 as well. Version 001041.
post #2890 of 4325 Old 12-02-2012, 10:04 PM

I have the same problem the snart hum flashs. I habe the PN51E8000. Not sure what firmware I'm at work now.
post #2891 of 4325 Old 12-03-2012, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Yup, I saw the Smart Hub flash. I will take this problem any day over the FBR on my D series. Hopefully Samsung fixes soon.

This just affirms what I already know. Samsung makes grade A display panels, but they suck at writing software. Just look at their smart phones, and tablets; terrible!

THE ALL MIGHTY MACACASIAH HAS SPOKEN!
post #2892 of 4325 Old 12-03-2012, 01:40 PM

Hi Guys,

So I am finally getting to the 100 hour mark and will be calibrating my PN60E7000 soon. Should I be gradually increasing the contrast and cell light or can I go with my full calibration I'm planning below?

My wife just bought the movie Brave in bluray and I noticed there are picture settings to adjust colors, contrast, brightness etc... Is this similar or exactly the same what you would get with the Disney Wow disk? Also I found some picture settings at "reviews.*******************....". I know all tv's are different and will have slightly different calibrations but I'm curious if anyone tried the below as a starting point instead of the cnet picture settings. The thing I found strange is they have the cell light at 15 and contrast at 100. For me, I would think the cell light is low and the contrast is to high.

www.reviews.*******************.com.com/samsung-plasma-tv/samsung-pn51e7000-picturesettings.html

Note: Not sure why but I keep getting *** when entering the site plasma tv buying guide .com... Am I breaking a rule?
post #2893 of 4325 Old 12-03-2012, 06:00 PM

How do you setup anynet+ on the 8000 series? I cannot seem to find it in the settings.

Also if anyone knows how to set it up with the ps3 that would be great. the settings I found online seem to be for older firmware on the ps3.
post #2894 of 4325 Old 12-04-2012, 04:12 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:

Hi Guys,
So I am finally getting to the 100 hour mark and will be calibrating my PN60E7000 soon. Should I be gradually increasing the contrast and cell light or can I go with my full calibration I'm planning below?
My wife just bought the movie Brave in bluray and I noticed there are picture settings to adjust colors, contrast, brightness etc... Is this similar or exactly the same what you would get with the Disney Wow disk? Also I found some picture settings at "reviews.*******************....". I know all tv's are different and will have slightly different calibrations but I'm curious if anyone tried the below as a starting point instead of the cnet picture settings. The thing I found strange is they have the cell light at 15 and contrast at 100. For me, I would think the cell light is low and the contrast is to high.
www.reviews.*******************.com.com/samsung-plasma-tv/samsung-pn51e7000-picturesettings.html
Note: Not sure why but I keep getting *** when entering the site plasma tv buying guide .com... Am I breaking a rule?

Also around the 100 hour mark on my new PN51E7000 (no buzzing smile.gif). I currently have my TV set to MOVIE, but looking on the Internet for calibration settings. I did find PN51E7000 settings on "plasma tv buying guide .com", but not sure how good it is. Also, found CNET's PN60E8000 settings which allows for more configuration, but it's for the 8000 series.

Anyone know of other calibration settings or have any recommendations for PN51E7000?
post #2895 of 4325 Old 12-04-2012, 06:44 AM

Great so finally got to the 100 hours and just noticed a black dead pixel on white/green solid screens. I still have time to exchange... But is it worth it?
post #2896 of 4325 Old 12-04-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survivorman View Post

Yup.....my un60es7100 is doing it.......the 7100 thread last page 29 has alot of owners now chiming in with the same exact issue.....it appears this happened to is all after our latest update from the smart hub......I love my 7100 but its only a week old and I wont pay for a product to have to worry about my tv doing something weird after every update....mine may go back.....its a shame.......call samsung and bitch them out
No matter what brand or TV you buy you will have to worry about your TV doing something weird after any update. That is the nature of computers (smart TV). Do not return your TV because of this, or bitch out Samsung. Just call them and let them know so they can fix the firmware.
sarfdawg likes this.

post #2897 of 4325 Old 12-04-2012, 12:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Great so finally got to the 100 hours and just noticed a black dead pixel on white/green solid screens. I still have time to exchange... But is it worth it?

In a previous post you talked about the Disney WOW disk. There is a pixel flipper on that disk that may correct the issue, but if your luck is like mine it won't biggrin.gif
cerchiarax likes this.

post #2898 of 4325 Old 12-04-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:

exchange or have a Samsung tech visit.
cerchiarax likes this.

post #2899 of 4325 Old 12-04-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferl View Post

In a previous pat you talked about te Disney WOW disk. There is a pixl flipper on that disk that may correct the issue, but if your luck is like mine it won't biggrin.gif

Yes brought it up because I have Brave a Disney movie that has some features to make the screen better for brightness, contrast, etc... I'm going to take a look if it has a pixel flipper like the disney wow disk Thanks!. And ya my luck it won't work either smile.gif. I just hate to have to go back as it will be my 4th time returning a tv!.

1) Bought the 51 inch samsung e490 at Target. I returned it after getting lines on the screen. Got my money back and decided to shop elsewhere and get a bigger and better tv smile.gif
2) Bought the 60e7000 at bestbuy. Exchanged it once because of buzz.
3) Did a primematch for tigerdirect but bestbuy told me they wouldn't do it on the phone so I packed my tv ready to return to repurchase at TD for the better price. I got to the BB store and what do you know they gave me the price match smile.gif and decided to keep the tv.
4) So now I'm at this point to exchange or not to exchange again but probably will.

Another option is will bestbuy just ship me a new tv and take the old one? Without me going through the headache of driving out to the store and repacking this monster tv? All in all I'm really good now in packing and repacking smile.gif So atleast I gained a skill.
post #2900 of 4325 Old 12-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon13 View Post

exchange or have a Samsung tech visit.

Given those options the exchange is the way to go. I doubt any "manufacturer" would agree to repair or replace a display for one dead pixel.

post #2901 of 4325 Old 12-04-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferl View Post

Given those options the exchange is the way to go. I doubt any "manufacturer" would agree to repair or replace a display for one dead pixel.
what planet do you live on? A dead pixel is a defect and Samsung will gladly replace the entire panel. I went through 3 panels already and finally got an exchange from my D series to an E series. I also have exchanged a $1200 laptop for a single dead pixel.

post #2902 of 4325 Old 12-04-2012, 01:58 PM

Liked: 25
Quote:

what planet do you live on? A dead pixel is a defect and Samsung will gladly replace the entire panel.

Which planet do you live on? One *may* get Samsung to replace the panel but in terms of their guidelines which seem to morph a lot, one single dead pixel is*not* considered a defect. When people have dealt with this specific issue here and elsewhere it has depended on the number of dead/stuck pixels (often within a specific square area of the screen), where they are on the panel etc etc.

Personally, if the TV is not a buzzer, there are no material uniformity issues or other problems I would think long and hard about replacing the TV solely on the basis of one dead pixel.
post #2903 of 4325 Old 12-04-2012, 02:09 PM

Well after doing the 2nd exchange my tv is still a buzzer but I got use to it and decided not to exchange. But getting the dead pixel in addition to the buzz of course is changing my mind now. I doubt anyway if the next tv will not buzz as I think its probably my apartment that is amplifying the sound or something. Of course if by some luck of god I get one that doesn't buzz and its not my apt's fault I will be well very happy. Anyway I'm hoping I get home today from work and the dead pixel has come back to life.
post #2904 of 4325 Old 12-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

what planet do you live on?

Tralfamadore wink.gif
Icon13 likes this.

post #2905 of 4325 Old 12-04-2012, 02:47 PM

Sorry for the newbie question... I'd like to buy E7000. I was at B&H to see the plasma in action. They were on display with top of the line LED LCDs, which as expected were brighter and distorted colors just the way store shopper prefer. But that's not what I was looking for - I wanted to see the 24p film smoothness on plasmas vs. LCDs. I don't know what source B&H uses, but several different plasmas displayed in the corner together with E8000 all had obvious, visible jerkiness on motion, especially and painfully visible when the titles rolled at the end of the film, while all LCDs looked absolutely smooth on the same exact material. I played with the menu settings, changed mode from Dynamic to Movie with no effect; "Film mode" option was grayed out, which as I learned later is the case for 1080p material.

What may explain this? Is there a setting I didn't know about? I would blame the source, given this was in a store, but, again, LCDs alongside E8000 playing the same material were absolutely smooth...
Thanks a lot!
post #2906 of 4325 Old 12-04-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha M View Post

Sorry for the newbie question... I'd like to buy E7000. I was at B&H to see the plasma in action. They were on display with top of the line LED LCDs, which as expected were brighter and distorted colors just the way store shopper prefer. But that's not what I was looking for - I wanted to see the 24p film smoothness on plasmas vs. LCDs. I don't know what source B&H uses, but several different plasmas displayed in the corner together with E8000 all had obvious, visible jerkiness on motion, especially and painfully visible when the titles rolled at the end of the film, while all LCDs looked absolutely smooth on the same exact material. I played with the menu settings, changed mode from Dynamic to Movie with no effect; "Film mode" option was grayed out, which as I learned later is the case for 1080p material.
What may explain this? Is there a setting I didn't know about? I would blame the source, given this was in a store, but, again, LCDs alongside E8000 playing the same material were absolutely smooth...
Thanks a lot!

The video playing needs to be running from a media player or bluray player connected to the tv with the 24p option enabled. Then from the E8000 you go to picture settings and in film mode you will see an option called cinema smoothing that needs to be turned on. This will enable 24p at 96hz.
post #2907 of 4325 Old 12-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 85
There are almost 3000 posts on this thread and I getting too old to wade through all of them for an answer. So, her goes.

I have been a Samsung 55" 8000 LED owner for years and love it. But time has come to upgrade into a 65" TV (the biggest that can fit were it has to go)

I would love the 65ES80000 or the Sony 65HX950 (LEDs) but they all have a lot of banding, etc problems. The Sharp Elite 60" is only a tad bigger than what I now have and not worth the expense to upgrade for only 5 inches.

So, maybe this year, I'll go plasma for the first time and the Samsung 64E8000 will fit (the Pioneer VT50 won't)
Here is my question:

Any major problems with the Samsung 64E8000 that would make me hate that I purchased and turn it back in?

I would love your input.

m

8.3 Surround, protected by APC H15 & UPS BC750G
Speakers: SpeakerCraft: 6 AIM8 Fives & 2 TIME Fives used as Wides
Woofers: SVS PB13-Ultra (1), HSU MBM-12 MK2 (2)
Samsung PN64F8500
Oppo 93, Denon 4311CI, Harmony 1100, 9 Noctua cooling fans, Darbee Darblet
post #2908 of 4325 Old 12-04-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimShaw View Post

There are almost 3000 posts on this thread and I getting too old to wade through all of them for an answer. So, her goes.
I have been a Samsung 55" 8000 LED owner for years and love it. But time has come to upgrade into a 65" TV (the biggest that can fit were it has to go)
I would love the 65ES80000 or the Sony 65HX950 (LEDs) but they all have a lot of banding, etc problems. The Sharp Elite 60" is only a tad bigger than what I now have and not worth the expense to upgrade for only 5 inches.
So, maybe this year, I'll go plasma for the first time and the Samsung 64E8000 will fit (the Pioneer VT50 won't)
Here is my question:
Any major problems with the Samsung 64E8000 that would make me hate that I purchased and turn it back in?
I would love your input.
m
I got this exact tv and its my first plasma as well. I love it! The picture is incredible. It's expensive but once you get over the cost you will have no regrets!
post #2909 of 4325 Old 12-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtoodles View Post

I got this exact tv and its my first plasma as well. I love it! The picture is incredible. It's expensive but once you get over the cost you will have no regrets!

Very good to hear. I got tired listening to all the complaints on the Samsung ES8000 LED thread regarding the 65" panels

8.3 Surround, protected by APC H15 & UPS BC750G
Speakers: SpeakerCraft: 6 AIM8 Fives & 2 TIME Fives used as Wides
Woofers: SVS PB13-Ultra (1), HSU MBM-12 MK2 (2)
Samsung PN64F8500
Oppo 93, Denon 4311CI, Harmony 1100, 9 Noctua cooling fans, Darbee Darblet
post #2910 of 4325 Old 12-04-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha M View Post

Thanks a lot!
The truth is plasma sets are not for you. They will never have the smooth motion you desire like an LCD. Plasmas keep the content you are watching as close to the original film version by removing 3:2 pull down. It sounds like you want the smooth effect of 120hz or 240hz found in LCD/LED sets. These sets actually use a CPU to add fake frames in between the existing frames. This is known as motion interpolation. It will make motion smooth, but make it look like it was filmed on a camcorder and unnatural. Some people prefer this, and the public is starting to believe that this is how content is supposed to look, but it is not. Until Samsung adds motion interpolation back to its plasma sets, as they once did, PLASMA WILL NOT BE FOR EVERYONE.
tbris84 likes this.

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn60e6500 60 Inch 1080p 600 Hz 3d Slim Plasma Hdtv , Plasma Hdtv , Samsung , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page